The Following WW sign up and Game thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
Lynch is closed. Dead is jilary, aka Carrie Cooke who could communicate with a different person each day/night cycle. The final nail in the coffin of the villagers was placed. With Cooke's death the evil cult could finally emerge from the shadows to show the world what they had done. The newly converted rojo took down DVMDream while a converted FBI agent, Lupin, slaughtered WTF. @LetItSnow screamed out that he knew it all along. The big bad wolf, Joe Carroll, said it no longer matters if he knows or not. Joe was content. He had finally achieved a large, successful following and he had managed to recapture his one true love. With that FFM murdered MJ, aka Claire.

Wolves win!

Thanks for playing everybody! Sorry for any mishaps. There were a few things that could have gone better and the wolves seemed to be favored in the game design. For a quick filler game I'm fairly happy with how it went.

How did they end up killing the big 3 main characters so early? Just luck?
TP was immediately after Lupin was converted, PBC was sheer luck, not sure who the third is you're talking about.

Members don't see this ad :)
Cyndia kinda outed herself on the thread when she saw me convert someone

And all i can say about how i killed the protagonist on N1:

magic.gif

Reactions: 3 users
Fun game, all! Lots of good stuff to play off of from you guys. :biglove: to the village and my fellow wolves for putting up with me. The LIS kill hurt me deeply, but I knew he knew. :bigtears:

Thanks for the game, Hedgie!

Reactions: 1 user
Cyndia kinda outed herself on the thread when she saw me convert someone

Yeah, I was so drunk when I was discussing the FBI officer stuff that I pretty much outed myself then. I figured I may as well be blatantly obvious and hoped the protector would protect me that night, but I think MJ was too busy to pay attention to the thread and was auto protecting himself every night. :(

Somebody should've tagged me to get a vote in, damn... Neuroanatomy has been crazy.

Good game everyone!
I did

I suspected Lupin before I was converted, which happened the night before you guys tried to lynch me... Wouldn't have been the first time I was converted then immediately killed, but pleased that my role let me live, although if I knew it was a cancel lynch and not just end early like ffm's was, I would have done things a bit differently

I did

I suspected Lupin before I was converted, which happened the night before you guys tried to lynch me... Wouldn't have been the first time I was converted then immediately killed, but pleased that my role let me live, although if I knew it was a cancel lynch and not just end early like ffm's was, I would have done things a bit differently
Weird, I never got the notification.

I assume that pbc may have been able to kill me, but I am not sure

How could we kill Mad Jack?
So he wasn't supposed to be able to protect himself but I forgot that when I sent out his role while at work. He protected himself every night

So he wasn't supposed to be able to protect himself but I forgot that when I sent out his role while at work. He protected himself every night
Haha! That drives me crazy when the protector is out for themselves cause it always works. Good for the wolves though cuz then we can see the tracker and seerer!
evillaugh.gif

Haha! That drives me crazy when the protector is out for themselves cause it always works. Good for the wolves though cuz then we can see the tracker and seerer!
evillaugh.gif
In a game where there is zero villager communication, being able to protect yourself is quite an asset :ninja:

In a game where there is zero villager communication, being able to protect yourself is quite an asset :ninja:
Ah, but that is just it. There are all kinds of clues in the thread as to who people are. Cyndia announced loud and clear she was tracker as soon as she started to question the FBI. I imagine my response and later a LIS response is what led TP to finding us for communication. I think that is what I love about the game. You have to pay attention to basically everything that is said and connect the dots. Which is also why I get cranky when villagers refuse to offer speculations or give back and forth interrogation in order to provide something to dissect. Vanilla or no, plenty of things to say I feel, whether it be game mechanics or exactly why someone should be voted.

Ah, but that is just it. There are all kinds of clues in the thread as to who people are. Cyndia announced loud and clear she was tracker as soon as she started to question the FBI. I imagine my response and later a LIS response is what led TP to finding us for communication. I think that is what I love about the game. You have to pay attention to basically everything that is said and connect the dots. Which is also why I get cranky when villagers refuse to offer speculations or give back and forth interrogation in order to provide something to dissect. Vanilla or no, plenty of things to say I feel, whether it be game mechanics or exactly why someone should be voted.
The real problem I had was the idea that it would be too easy to fake being a tracker, protector, etc as a wolf, so I just didn't trust anyone. At least I got the wolves to blow two night cycles trying to kill me...

The real problem I had was the idea that it would be too easy to fake being a tracker, protector, etc as a wolf, so I just didn't trust anyone. At least I got the wolves to blow two night cycles trying to kill me...
Giving me even more cover since I knew you were Claire... :heckyeah:

Yet another fabulous layer of the game, you have to trust some people, or the wolves take it thanks to communication and teamwork.

@DocEspana lol, thinking this game was intricately planned and balanced. Hedgie had no rhyme or reason for the number of villager types or area, and it seems no restrictions on the conversion individuals (given that Lupin was an FBI and I was a named person)

Reactions: 4 users
@DocEspana lol, thinking this game was intricately planned and balanced. Hedgie had no rhyme or reason for the number of villager types or area, and it seems no restrictions on the conversion individuals (given that Lupin was an FBI and I was a named person)

Know what grinds my gears? Slap dash balancing (mostly because it saps my ability to analyze what's going on).
Grinds-my-gears1.jpg

Me being able to talk to the FBI was more of an accident than anything else.

Know what grinds my gears? Slap dash balancing (mostly because it saps my ability to analyze what's going on).

I fully admit to not being great at planning and modding a game. I'm totally aware of it. I think it's a complex art. A lot of my ideas have actually come from reading the really early lounge games. I liked the early games that were very close to classical mafia style but started adding more complex roles like the mason and the priest. (I've actually read almost every lounge game but I'm still too intimidated to play) I'm not great at balancing games. If you wouldn't mind teaching me your ways I'd be very grateful. One of the biggest problems with this game is I lost internet right when I wanted to run it. I got internet back when I started working nights and I wasn't as prepared as I thought I was. When WZ went on her theory of the number of different types of citizens I realized I actually had no idea the number unless I looked at the spreadsheet. It definitely played out a little differently than I imagined.

Me being able to talk to the FBI was more of an accident than anything else.
TP, you are supposed to say that your are totally awesome and got right away who were the likely FBI agents! :cool:

I was slightly horrified that I was converted as soon as you found me. I hope that your untimely death doesn't impact my position in your upcoming game. :shy:

TP, you are supposed to say that your are totally awesome and got right away who were the likely FBI agents! :cool:

I was slightly horrified that I was converted as soon as you found me. I hope that your untimely death doesn't impact my position in your upcoming game. :shy:
Ha. No worries, when I'm a wolf I'm cutthroat af, I would have done the same thing.
No hard feels

Thank you for making the game, Hedgie, even if I did manage to get my mouthy self killed right away. It was for the best. Anatomy is kicking my butt. All those people who said don't prestudy? I want to find them and beat them. My brain is old. It needs more repetition than these whippersnappers who know stuff after seeing it once.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Thank you for making the game, Hedgie, even if I did manage to get my mouthy self killed right away. It was for the best. Anatomy is kicking my butt. All those people who said don't prestudy? I want to find them and beat them. My brain is old. It needs more repetition than these whippersnappers who know stuff after seeing it once.

Eh. Come kick my butt then. Prestudying would not have helped because there is just too much to learn. And I don't know many (if anyone) who remember that stuff after seeing it once. The people who do best at anatomy spend a lot of their time 1st year in the anatomy lab going over stuff many, many times to get it down.

Eh. Come kick my butt then. Prestudying would not have helped because there is just too much to learn. And I don't know many (if anyone) who remember that stuff after seeing it once. The people who do best at anatomy spend a lot of their time 1st year in the anatomy lab going over stuff many, many times to get it down.

Meh. Who has time to kick your gluteus maximus (innervated by the inferior gluteal nerve)? Or yor medius and minimus (superior...)?

I said don't pre-study. I stand by it. And I'm likely older than you. :)

The fundamental problem with pre-studying is that you can spend dayyyyyys.... weeeeeeeeks...... but because you don't really appreciate the fire-hydrant-like pace of vet/med school, you'll just end up studying about the first 5 minutes of the first class. So then all you've done is use all that time unproductively.

I very much doubt anatomy is kicking your butt as much as you think it is.