You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
The Good PWWace - GAME THREAD
Started by supershorty
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Yeah I’m also assuming it’s a yeet cycle but not for any particular reason other than it not being specified that it’s notSpeak up, my son. You can share your thoughts on both if you'd like but, 99% of the time, it will be a yeet cycle.
Seems like your baby is telling you I'm town! Which makes sense, because I am town and babies are excellent judges of characterAre you saying I should vote for the first 5 players instead?
I just figured D1 is the only time its acceptable to ask a baby who to vote for.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Which may be wrong thinking in this game but we’ll just have to see lol
Not basedI can't vote for PSV, they're super helpful to village when they're on the good team, and it seems like we're all the good team.
Unvote @potentialsheltervet
Vote @Clem J
@supershorty @SARdoghandler @kaydubs
I see the bit you're doing and I approve a moderate amountBut I can't just target @Clem J because my play style doesn't align with them. That's unethical.
Unvote @Clem J
Vote @WildZoo
@supershorty @SARdoghandler @kaydubs
I got to the right answer smhIt’s a little tired but I would consider a @Clem J vote. They’re completely unreadable to me, and I was more led astray by their reads than anything in supernatural. That said their reads were quiet but seemed strong in the Halloween game. If they’re gone I don’t have to constantly worry if I should be voting for Clem, but if they gets some power I know they’re a good player that may be able to use it wisely.
Why'd you pick the only one that wouldn't get censored thoshorty is being a b****
I'm not sure I following voting someone mayor who you can't read. And I also thought the "feels strongly" indicated that your suspicion would be based in something that happened already as opposed to general sentiment. Regardless, I'd rather you vote sooner than later so people have time to respond and react to the wagons.I feel like this game has set itself up to almost explicitly not be in the 99%. But fair enough, I probably was loud enough just now that I owe a little bit of my nascent thoughts on this game. V important caveat that I’m super n00b still…
It’s a little tired but I would consider a @Clem J vote. They’re completely unreadable to me, and I was more led astray by their reads than anything in supernatural. That said their reads were quiet but seemed strong in the Halloween game. If they’re gone I don’t have to constantly worry if I should be voting for Clem, but if they gets some power I know they’re a good player that may be able to use it wisely.
If I were to offer a n00b counterpoint, it would probably be @apoptosis09 . I also generally struggle with reading them, and I think other players struggle as well. But clearly an asset in the last game wirh their reads. So they’re another person where I’m ok with either outcome.
Everyone else I have some other reason for not wanting to vote, some stronger than others. Largely based on the rules you outlined in the sign up thread plus some personal preference . If miraculously there is something that comes up stronger then vibes then I’ll look elsewhere, but these two would be my initial knee-jerk votes. Again, based on almost nothing, but we have to vote for someone
There you go. Now someone else may start ****posting or suggest another way to approach this first day conundrum
I was asking if others felt strongly, because I do not 🙂 and like you, I’m assuming this is a yeet and not a mayor vote. I actually think if it isn’t a yeet, the vote might lend some other positive outcome for the person voted. But who knows, maybe this is tinfoil. What are your thoughts about what has already happened?I'm not sure I following voting someone mayor who you can't read. And I also thought the "feels strongly" indicated that your suspicion would be based in something that happened already as opposed to general sentiment. Regardless, I'd rather you vote sooner than later so people have time to respond and react to the wagons.
I’ll vote soon enough but I’d like to see a few more people check in. I don’t especially like to move my vote around multiple times and it’s possible someone else could have some insight that could help me vote. Regardless, I will be on a plane tonight during EOD, so folks will have my final vote well in advance.
Last edited:
Just to expound slightly, again in my n=3 games I have observed, a mayor vote was clearly labeled as such, which this isn’t. There was also clearly some sort of conflict outlined in the write up prior to the first yeet vote, which is absent here. Finally, I could be wrong, but I would not be surprised if given the hype surrounding this game, the mods didn’t feel like offing someone on day one.I actually think if it isn’t a yeet, the vote might lend some other positive outcome for the person voted.
So for all these reasons, I would not be terribly surprised if we are voting on some unknowable third outcome for the person we are voting for. It could be a simple yeet, or something completely different. So since I don’t know what I’m voting for or even if it’s positive or negative, my first inclination is to vote for someone that I’ll never feel strongly about voting for.
Reading all this again, it sort of sounds like I’m still roleplaying chidi, and I promise I’m not
anyways those are my first thoughts. Would love to hear what others are thinking. Apologies for any typos. I’m going back to sleepOh, semi shot in the dark—could the vote have to do with soulmates? I know the video (which was awesome!) was directly quoted from the show, but that’s about all we have to go on here. Maybe votes will affect who we are paired with for soulmate? We are currently at an even number of players so that could make sense.
Day 1 [Placeholder] Vote Tally
apop ()
rae (1) - AM
CG ()
fruit (1) - Barky
PSV (1) - fruit
samac (1) - DubZ
DubZ (2) - Clem, samac
6/16
Vote closes at 9pm tomorrow 11/30 (~23.75 hours)
yeah look at this, nobody listed as “leading” or “in danger,” though to be fair dubZ is bolded. I wonder if we are voting to influence soulmates."I'm not a failed DJ. I'm pre-successful." Day 1 Vote Tally
apop ()
rae (1) - AM
CG (1) - fruit
fruit (1) - Barky
PSV ()
samac (1) - DubZ
DubZ (2) - Clem, samac
Clem (1) - Finn
7/16 voting
Missing: people who aren't voting up there ^
Vote closes at 9 PM EST tomorrow ,11/30 (~23 hours)
Soulmates was basically the first thing that happens in show, so if it’s a part of this game I would expect that would happen now.
Ok brain. Turn off now.
Child what you doinNo no no... SQB didn't get to play a full game last time. Morally, that makes no sense
Unvote @screamqueenbee
Vote @potentialsheltervet
@supershorty @SARdoghandler @kaydubs
HahahahahahahahahahahaBut I can't just target @Clem J because my play style doesn't align with them. That's unethical.
Unvote @Clem J
Vote @WildZoo
@supershorty @SARdoghandler @kaydubs
I get it now
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
hmmmmmmmmlol I do not want to be voted, if that means we get yeeted.
Unvote GoSpursGo (sorry @supershorty @SARdoghandler @kaydubs for all the notifications)
Indeed, it does not help. I had that whole thing planned out in case I got dealt Chidi, but when we got encouraged to just play whatever role let me "have fun with it"... I decided to please my audience of one, which is myselfNevertheless, I am now here. Thank you all for humoring me 🙂
I do think some thought needs to be given to the fact that we have no idea what we are voting on. And little to go on other than vibes and memes.
I do actually have a short list I would be willing to vote for, regardless of whether this votes them out or gives them some incredible amount of power. But I'm curious if anyone else out there feels strongly.
supershorty
Don't look so vexed, toots.
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Wow, no one has ever actually read it closely enough to notice that! You get a gold star.Why'd you pick the only one that wouldn't get censored tho
supershorty
Don't look so vexed, toots.
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
I have never had a mayor vote where I didn't tell people it was that. Y'all are voting to yeet someone.
I don't list someone as leading on the tally when it's early and 2 votes vs everyone else having 1 lol
I don't list someone as leading on the tally when it's early and 2 votes vs everyone else having 1 lol
Village spursyeah look at this, nobody listed as “leading” or “in danger,” though to be fair dubZ is bolded. I wonder if we are voting to influence soulmates.
Soulmates was basically the first thing that happens in show, so if it’s a part of this game I would expect that would happen now.
Ok brain. Turn off now.
supershorty
Don't look so vexed, toots.
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
The mechanics of this game are complex enough, the mods are not going to intentionally trick you.
Unyeet Dubz
******************Like the Jacksonville Jaguars have to work together to win at football! Which definitely happens sometimes! This is going to be our year, I just know it!
![]()
Go jags (even tho Trevor been looking kinda rough recently)
********************
Dope!******************
Go jags (even tho Trevor been looking kinda rough recently)
********************
Darn I was super proud of my tinfoil 🙁 thanks for clarifying!I have never had a mayor vote where I didn't tell people it was that. Y'all are voting to yeet someone.
I don't list someone as leading on the tally when it's early and 2 votes vs everyone else having 1 lol
supershorty
Don't look so vexed, toots.
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Don't be sad! Maybe someone will nominate it for the tinfoil awward!Darn I was super proud of my tinfoil 🙁 thanks for clarifying!
apoptosis09
She/her • tOSU CVM c/o 2029
Wow that's a lot of words! vote spurs for team captain! you can always trust a guy who cares about sports, even if it's not the jags.I feel like this game has set itself up to almost explicitly not be in the 99%. But fair enough, I probably was loud enough just now that I owe a little bit of my nascent thoughts on this game. V important caveat that I’m super n00b still…
It’s a little tired but I would consider a @Clem J vote. They’re completely unreadable to me, and I was more led astray by their reads than anything in supernatural. That said their reads were quiet but seemed strong in the Halloween game. If they’re gone I don’t have to constantly worry if I should be voting for Clem, but if they gets some power I know they’re a good player that may be able to use it wisely.
If I were to offer a n00b counterpoint, it would probably be @apoptosis09 . I also generally struggle with reading them, and I think other players struggle as well. But clearly an asset in the last game wirh their reads. So they’re another person where I’m ok with either outcome.
Everyone else I have some other reason for not wanting to vote, some stronger than others. Largely based on the rules you outlined in the sign up thread plus some personal preference . If miraculously there is something that comes up stronger then vibes then I’ll look elsewhere, but these two would be my initial knee-jerk votes. Again, based on almost nothing, but we have to vote for someone
There you go. Now someone else may start ****posting or suggest another way to approach this first day conundrum
Wait what are we voting for again?
@kaydubs @supershorty
@SARdoghandler
Now this is excellent use of role playWow that's a lot of words! vote spurs for team captain! you can always trust a guy who cares about sports, even if it's not the jags.
Wait what are we voting for again?
@kaydubs @supershorty
@SARdoghandler

I thought about role playing as Jianyu.
But realized that would just be me sitting there like this:
But realized that would just be me sitting there like this:
supershorty
Don't look so vexed, toots.
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
You would have spontaneously combusted in your role PM 🤣I thought about role playing as Jianyu.
But realized that would just be me sitting there like this:
![]()
I had the same thought!!! It was legit going to be my play if I rolled W, as it would give me perfect cover for not matching… whatever all THIS wasI thought about role playing as Jianyu.
But realized that would just be me sitting there like this:
![]()

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
We would have had to rename it the Bud Hole to honor the dedication to the roleplayYou would have spontaneously combusted in your role PM 🤣
supershorty
Don't look so vexed, toots.
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
"I'm not a failed DJ. I'm pre-successful." Day 1 Vote Tally
apop ()
rae (1) - AM
CeeGee ()
fruit (1) - Barky
PSV ()
samac (1) - DubZ
DubZ (1) - Clem
Clem (1) - finn
AM ()
screamqueenbee ()
genny (1) - fruit
finn ()
kitszuna ()
Barky ()
Zenge ()
Spurs (1) - apoptosis
7/16 voting
Missing: half + 1
Vote closes TONIGHT, 11/30, at 9 PM EST (~12.5 hours)
apop ()
rae (1) - AM
CeeGee ()
fruit (1) - Barky
PSV ()
samac (1) - DubZ
DubZ (1) - Clem
Clem (1) - finn
AM ()
screamqueenbee ()
genny (1) - fruit
finn ()
kitszuna ()
Barky ()
Zenge ()
Spurs (1) - apoptosis
7/16 voting
Missing: half + 1
Vote closes TONIGHT, 11/30, at 9 PM EST (~12.5 hours)
Teehee at all the null votes 😅apop ()
rae (1) - AM
CeeGee ()
fruit (1) - Barky
PSV ()
samac (1) - DubZ
DubZ (1) - Clem
Clem (1) - finn
AM ()
screamqueenbee ()
genny (1) - fruit
finn ()
kitszuna ()
Barky ()
Zenge ()
Spurs (1) - apoptosis
I’m still struggling to follow (noob alert) what is happening here but @apoptosis09 also set my vibe radar off… 👀I feel like this game has set itself up to almost explicitly not be in the 99%. But fair enough, I probably was loud enough just now that I owe a little bit of my nascent thoughts on this game. V important caveat that I’m super n00b still…
It’s a little tired but I would consider a @Clem J vote. They’re completely unreadable to me, and I was more led astray by their reads than anything in supernatural. That said their reads were quiet but seemed strong in the Halloween game. If they’re gone I don’t have to constantly worry if I should be voting for Clem, but if they gets some power I know they’re a good player that may be able to use it wisely.
If I were to offer a n00b counterpoint, it would probably be @apoptosis09 . I also generally struggle with reading them, and I think other players struggle as well. But clearly an asset in the last game wirh their reads. So they’re another person where I’m ok with either outcome.
Everyone else I have some other reason for not wanting to vote, some stronger than others. Largely based on the rules you outlined in the sign up thread plus some personal preference . If miraculously there is something that comes up stronger then vibes then I’ll look elsewhere, but these two would be my initial knee-jerk votes. Again, based on almost nothing, but we have to vote for someone
There you go. Now someone else may start ****posting or suggest another way to approach this first day conundrum
but also re: no wolves, doesn’t the show reveal that theyre actually in the bad place and not the good place?
Idk i need to watch this show hahaha
Apop is roleplaying Jason from the show in at least some of their posts 🙂 but also, apop in general has been challenging for me (and many others) to read early in games, and consequently often winds up being on the board. Ironically, I haven’t seen them actually flip W before.I’m still struggling to follow (noob alert) what is happening here but @apoptosis09 also set my vibe radar off… 👀
Idk i need to watch this show hahaha
WildZoo
Noble Dubz Dictator, Unyeetable Phasing Wolf
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Good idea.
Vote @Animal Midwife
@supershorty @SARdoghandler @kaydubs
Wait, no that's crazy. I can't vote a mod day 1.
Unvote @Animal Midwife
Vote @_rae_
@supershorty @SARdoghandler @kaydubs
But... what are the odds that rae will be a wolf 2 games in a row. That's... crazy.
Unvote @_rae_
Vote @screamqueenbee
@supershorty @SARdoghandler @kaydubs
No no no... SQB didn't get to play a full game last time. Morally, that makes no sense
Unvote @screamqueenbee
Vote @potentialsheltervet
@supershorty @SARdoghandler @kaydubs
I can't vote for PSV, they're super helpful to village when they're on the good team, and it seems like we're all the good team.
Unvote @potentialsheltervet
Vote @Clem J
@supershorty @SARdoghandler @kaydubs
But I can't just target @Clem J because my play style doesn't align with them. That's unethical.
Unvote @Clem J
Vote @WildZoo
@supershorty @SARdoghandler @kaydubs
Well that's just dumb. See my reasoning for not voting AM. Such a conundrum...
Unvote @WildZoo
Vote @genny
@supershorty @SARdoghandler @kaydubs
I can't vote genny, I tend to see the game similarly to them. I'll want them here for whenever it is we start making decisions.
Unvote @genny
Vote @fruitsalad
@supershorty @SARdoghandler @kaydubs
But I value fruits too much for their ability to put pressure on everyone. Nobody gets to skate by when fruits is here.
Unvote @fruitsalad
Vote @finnickthedog
@supershorty @SARdoghandler @kaydubs
But I've never played with finn before. I should give them a chance before I make a decision on their morality.
Unvote @finnickthedog
Vote @CeeGee14
@supershorty @SARdoghandler @kaydubs
This... actually makes sense. But CG has been scum 2/3 games, what are the odds they are scum again?
Unvote @CeeGee14
Vote @kitzsuna
@supershorty @SARdoghandler @kaydubs
That's just silly, I can't vote someone who is n00bier than me.
Unvote @kitzsuna
Vote @Barkley13
@supershorty @SARdoghandler @kaydubs
Interestingly, Barkley has always watched the games they haven't played in. I've enjoyed getting a Barkley react in the other games. They deserve to play.
Unvote @Barkley13
Vote @samac
@supershorty @SARdoghandler @kaydubs
As fun as that would be, I only got to play for one cycle with samac last time. I want to play with them a little longer.
Unvote @samac
Vote @apoptosis09
@supershorty @SARdoghandler @kaydubs
But... apop gave me specific criteria for when to yeet them. Those criteria have not been met. What a quandary.
Unvote @apoptosis09
Vote @Zenge142
@supershorty @SARdoghandler @kaydubs
At the same time... Zenge was super helpful when village in Supernatural. I'd be foolish to vote them out this early.
Fork me. I'm sorry village fam. I've wasted all your time. Ethnically, there is only one appropriate resolution.
Unvote @Zenge142
Vote @GoSpursGo
@supershorty @SARdoghandler @kaydubs
I don’t especially like to move my vote around multiple times
WildZoo
Noble Dubz Dictator, Unyeetable Phasing Wolf
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Unyeet Dubz
Hehe I win
unyeet samac
@kaydubs @supershorty @SARdoghandler
WildZoo
Noble Dubz Dictator, Unyeetable Phasing Wolf
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
I really don't know wtf to do here. And I see no one has taken me up on the voluntary self sacrifice option.
WildZoo
Noble Dubz Dictator, Unyeetable Phasing Wolf
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Vote sleep
On the one hand, this goes against my morals. On the other hand, I kind of want to see what happens at night before voting willy nilly when we have been told we're all village. Especially since we won't get a flip anyway so voting someone today gives us zero information.
I think this is logically sound probably.
On the one hand, this goes against my morals. On the other hand, I kind of want to see what happens at night before voting willy nilly when we have been told we're all village. Especially since we won't get a flip anyway so voting someone today gives us zero information.
I think this is logically sound probably.
WildZoo
Noble Dubz Dictator, Unyeetable Phasing Wolf
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Flips in this game will initially not contain that player's affiliation. There is an in-game trigger for when that information will be provided. Players who died prior to the trigger will retroactively have their affiliation revealed in the roster.
Flips will not contain affiliation until the trigger point and yet there is the implication that everyone is the same affiliation so why would affiliation flips matterWe're trying something new in The Good Place because it's paradise! There are no bad guys here! Village must work together to attain their individual wincons in order to win as a team!
WildZoo
Noble Dubz Dictator, Unyeetable Phasing Wolf
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
To be fair I assume we would get a character (and maybe ability?) flip so we wouldn't get zero information but I'm just not sure that it is going to be all that useful
Also a cop out because I have no idea what to do under these circumstances.
If I were to vote someone it would probably be PSV because her comment of "How are people gonna die if there are no wolves" struck me as a little odd for someone who has played for so long but that's like, the weakest of twinges.
Also a cop out because I have no idea what to do under these circumstances.
If I were to vote someone it would probably be PSV because her comment of "How are people gonna die if there are no wolves" struck me as a little odd for someone who has played for so long but that's like, the weakest of twinges.
supershorty
Don't look so vexed, toots.
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
YesI assume we would get a character (and maybe ability?) flip
Even if we don’t get info immediately, we would get bonus info later when the affiliations are revealed… but I’m listening to what you’re saying. What do others think?To be fair I assume we would get a character (and maybe ability?) flip so we wouldn't get zero information but I'm just not sure that it is going to be all that useful
WildZoo
Noble Dubz Dictator, Unyeetable Phasing Wolf
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Yeah there will be information retrospectively at some point. Just feels like the approach here should be a bit different fro usual, to me. "work together to meet our wincons and win the game" does not feel like it aligns with "shoot blindly into the crowd and find out days later if that was a good idea"Even if we don’t get info immediately, we would get bonus info later when the affiliations are revealed… but I’m listening to what you’re saying. What do others think?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hmmm I have thoughts.We didn't explicitly say it isn't, so I'm gonna say yes, and if wine!SAR says no, then we'll fite over it.
supershorty
Don't look so vexed, toots.
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
This is making me laugh lolol"shoot blindly into the crowd and find out days later if that was a good idea"
Spurs, you ok??Ok brain. Turn off now.
WildZoo
Noble Dubz Dictator, Unyeetable Phasing Wolf
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Oh no KD is gonna take away my cop out strategy 

WildZoo
Noble Dubz Dictator, Unyeetable Phasing Wolf
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
The fact that this is the second time this year I've advocated to vote sleep is somewhat distasteful to my soul
Similar threads
- Replies
- 330
- Views
- 21K
- Replies
- 5K
- Views
- 96K
