*** The Official Case Western Reserve Alternate List ***

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Apparently at the moment Case's class is still OVER-filled. This means, I wouldn't get your hopes up in the next couple of weeks. After that, when things do settle down, they will be notifying people on the alternate list by phone. It doesn't sound like a committee meeting will be taking place, so don't look too deep for any rhyme or reason when it comes to timing. Hope that helps, if anything does in our wonderful state of limbo...

Members don't see this ad.

Apparently at the moment Case's class is still OVER-filled. This means, I wouldn't get your hopes up in the next couple of weeks. After that, when things do settle down, they will be notifying people on the alternate list by phone. It doesn't sound like a committee meeting will be taking place, so don't look too deep for any rhyme or reason when it comes to timing. Hope that helps, if anything does in our wonderful state of limbo...

Where'd you hear this from? I thought they didn't overfill but only gave out a number of acceptances matching the class size and then pulled from the waitlist accordingly.

I agree with mfrenkie. When I talked with Christian, he clearly informed me that they only fill up their class and don't overenroll. Then, as people start to withdrawl, they draw from their hold/alternate list.

Members don't see this ad :)
I don't think it was intentional, but Christian told me that today... it'll move eventually regardless...

i withdrew my place (with scholarship) today. best of luck to you!

I don't think we'll hear anything today. They have until today, which I assume means today also, to decide if they want to attend Case.

Yeah, definitely not today. I would think by the end of the week though they should start making calls, assuming that there are vacant spots.

Anyone wanna call em up and ask about the size of the alternate list?

I don't think we'll hear anything today. They have until today, which I assume means today also, to decide if they want to attend Case.

I just called and was able to get absolutely no info out of them.

Yeah, definitely not today. I would think by the end of the week though they should start making calls, assuming that there are vacant spots.

Anyone wanna call em up and ask about the size of the alternate list?

:cool: Waiting and waiting. Wish we could get some new info.

*** Alternate/Waiting List ***

Schaden Freud (interviewed 12/15, waitlisted 4/3)
winthug (interviewed 2/13, waitlisted 4/3)
imable24 (interviewed 3/2,waitlisted 4/3)
mfrenkie (interviewed 9/23, waitlisted 4/3)
chemist323 (interviewed 2/20, waitlisted 4/3)
tthorst (interviewed 9/25, waitlisted 4/3)
murt (interviewed 2/23, waitlisted 4/3)
dude1344 (interviewed 9/18, waitlisted 4/3)
PandP (interviewed 9/25, waitlisted 4/3)
JHU Texan (interviewed 1/9, waitlisted 4/3)
kidthor (waitlisted 4/3)
moomix906 (interviewed 10/8, waitlisted 4/3)
nbp.medlaw (interviewed 9/18, waitlisted 4/3)
Corndog67 (interviewed 12/20, waitlisted 4/3)
DrGregoryHouse (interviewed 10/30, waitlisted 4/3)
skp14 (interviewed 2/16, waitlisted 4/3)[/QUOTE]
fups (interviewed 2/27, waitlisted 4/3)

Anyone try calling today to see how many people are on the alternate list?

Members don't see this ad :)
Lady in the admissions office said they have not had any movement yet and it could be sometime into June when we hear. I'm not calling anymore because she sounded pretty annoyed. =)

I don't understand why they can't give us concrete numbers. What's with all the mystery?

Is it so hard to say something like "Well we plan to enroll 135 students, currently we have 150 students planning to matriculate, and 150 students on the Alternate List."

Lady in the admissions office said they have not had any movement yet and it could be sometime into June when we hear. I'm not calling anymore because she sounded pretty annoyed. =)

I don't know if there as any rhyme or reason to it, but it seems like all med schools like to be vague. It would be nice to be given our chances, so we can make plans. I don't know about the rest of you, but it would suck to find out in June then have to change housing plans to make it there by start date.

wow, so it's going to take more than a month for them to offer more spots? Do you guys believe this or is this some way of getting us off their backs for a while?

Sounds like the latter.

wow, so it's going to take more than a month for them to offer more spots? Do you guys believe this or is this some way of getting us off their backs for a while?

I agree. Probably just giving me the runaround.

anyone get any info from Essman himself? It seem he's a little bit more informative.

:thumbup: Alright it's the daily Case Alternate List thread bump! :thumbup: I love these things.

anyone get any info from Essman himself? It seem he's a little bit more informative.

This sucks. Anyone want to e-mail Essman? I would but I've already bugged that guy quite a bit in the past few months...

I e-mailed Ms. Rosenblum yesterday and have heard nothing back.

This sucks. Anyone want to e-mail Essman? I would but I've already bugged that guy quite a bit in the past few months...

Chill out guys. The people at Case know very well that those on the waitlists are anxious to hear back news. No need to get OCD.

They need to feel our anxiety.

Chill out guys. The people at Case know very well that those on the waitlists are anxious to hear back news. No need to get OCD.

on a different note, I wonder how many of these so-called "unranked waitlists" really are ranked in some way. It seems a little unbelievable that they're going to sit down whenever a seat opens and review the hundreds of people on the WL.

I've heard of them using the "fill the hole" approach and it makes sense to me. Basically, they try to pick someone off the waitlist who resembles as much as possible the person that dropped out. Does it actually work this way? Who knows.

on a different note, I wonder how many of these so-called "unranked waitlists" really are ranked in some way. It seems a little unbelievable that they're going to sit down whenever a seat opens and review the hundreds of people on the WL.

Another Daily Bump. Anyone heard anything yet? Who's turn is it to harass the admissions office? :D

I just noticed that they misspelled on the status page. It said, "Your now on the University Program alternate list." Their willful disregard for spelling makes me love the school even more.:laugh:

I love how it's really just like 5 of us that maintain this thread... I'm going to call the office on Monday, so I'll see what they say then

I love how it's really just like 5 of us that maintain this thread... I'm going to call the office on Monday, so I'll see what they say then

If only there were the five of us on the alternate list....

make that six

I'm guilty of just viewing the thread...I won't post anything unless I have something good to say. This probably doesn't count either! :D

I'm guilty of just viewing the thread...I won't post anything unless I have something good to say. This probably doesn't count either! :D

same here.. i just keep checking to see if anyone's gotten accepted from the waitlist yet

I just withdrew my acceptance (it's amazing how hard it is to actually send that email!). Good luck to everyone on the waitlist.

How is it possible to withdraw? I thought the deadline was May 1st for Case Western. Does that mean that we have until May 15th to know how many spots they can take off the waitlist?

No, it was May 1st. I had my deadline extended in order to go to another Second Look.

Oh ok, that makes sense. I wonder how many people they extended the deadline for...but anyway thanks for withdrawing! It gives me hope.:)

Who's looking forward to another long week of silence? :hardy:

Has anyone heard from the college program about alternate list movement? Their deadline was 2 weeks ahead of the university program, so I think that might be a good indicator for us.

has anyone been able to get any kind of info from them?

I e-mailed Christian a grade update and asked about the list... no response yet, but I'll keep you guys posted

Can anyone search the archives for old Case alternate list threads? Maybe they'll have some info for what kind of timeline we can expect to deal with.

Can anyone search the archives for old Case alternate list threads? Maybe they'll have some info for what kind of timeline we can expect to deal with.

Unfortunately, last year's threads might not be that informative for you guys. :( The entering class of 2006 had until May 15 to withdraw from other schools (I deferred a year).

Good luck--I hope you all get off of the waiting list! :luck:

hi everyone!
i also withdrew my acceptance at case a couple weeks ago. best of luck to all on the waitlist!! :luck: