2023-2024 Case Western Reserve

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Also is there an accepted student group chat somewhere that I missed?

Members don't see this ad.

Has anyone received their financial aid packages yet since in a previous email they said it would be released in late March?
I went on FAFSA and it was my application was processed, but had an error message saying that FAFSA needed to correct an error. Wouldn’t that delay CWRU from financial aid? Or could they still process something? Anywho, is anyone else in the same spot with this?

Has anyone received their financial aid packages yet since in a previous email they said it would be released in late March?
Should be this week according to curriculum overview zoom session recently

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Financial aid offer received!

Reactions: 4 users
Just withdrew my A - good luck to everyone!!

[I wanted to share my financial aid offer (need-based ~$55k per year, EFC=0) because I feel transparency is very much needed throughout this process (mainly for future SDN lurkers looking to see what schools are offering)]

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 10 users

[I wanted to share my financial aid offer (need-based ~$55k per year, EFC=0) because I feel transparency is very much needed throughout this process (mainly for future SDN lurkers looking to see what schools are offering)]
Did you have to email the admissions to withdraw? It says the option is on the iApply portal but couldn't find

Same as Brokenllamas for me (withdraw + scholarship)

Reactions: 1 users
Did you have to email the admissions to withdraw? It says the option is on the iApply portal but couldn't find
Nope, did not have to email the admissions! Go to the iApply link for Case Western, then go to "Admissions decision", then go to "Offer response" - you can decline your acceptance there!!

As confirmation, they'll send you an email wishing you luck w/ your future endeavors and they'll give you a survey

• Love
For current students/ anyone who knows computers, how strict is the 16GB RAM computer requirement? I recently broke my laptop screen beyond use, and it fits all the other requirements of the policy. I looked at a place nearby, and they said they would fix my screen for $100 so wondering if fixing the screen would save me a ton of money or would I have to buy a new laptop anyways?

For current students/ anyone who knows computers, how strict is the 16GB RAM computer requirement? I recently broke my laptop screen beyond use, and it fits all the other requirements of the policy. I looked at a place nearby, and they said they would fix my screen for $100 so wondering if fixing the screen would save me a ton of money or would I have to buy a new laptop anyways?

Don't worry about it at all. If your computer can run Anki and do UWorld, it's good enough for med school lol. Can't remember anything that was really that demanding CPU wise that was necessary in my time here. Complete Anatomy, which we get as a subscription to help us learn anatomy is kind of a beefy app but you don't exactly need it to learn anatomy, and also probably functions fine on less than 16gb of RAM anyway. The lockdown browser app we use for exams also certainly does not have a hard requirement of 16gb of RAM.

That being said, it's always nice to have an efficiency laptop/PC as it will save you a lot of headache and time.

Seeing some A’s withdrawn - best of luck to everyone, wherever you’re headed is lucky to have you! Has Case said anything about WL movement or updates?

Members don't see this ad :)
I dont think so- I think they want you to tell them if they are your top choice or among your top choices. But I dont think you have to do anything to remain on the WL
so do they want us to send a letter if we want to stay on the AL?

Happy to receive this email, it's good to know they are planning to pull from the WL, are genuinely interested in those on the WL, and want to keep open communication.

Reactions: 2 users
For those who responded to the waitlist email, did they respond back confirming they got your communication?

for those who responded to the email, what did you say? did you write like an entire letter of interest of just a short email saying you're still interested?

for those who responded to the email, what did you say? did you write like an entire letter of interest of just a short email saying you're still interested?
I wrote a short email thanking them for their consideration, telling them they were still my top choice and that I would definitely attend if given the opportunity (for context, I'm on the alt list, and this is all true). I also said I'm preparing a paper for publication and assisting my colleagues with theirs and will send a full update letter soon.

I wrote a short email thanking them for their consideration, telling them they were still my top choice and that I would definitely attend if given the opportunity (for context, I'm on the alt list, and this is all true). I also said I'm preparing a paper for publication and assisting my colleagues with theirs and will send a full update letter soon.
i did the same, brief blurb about my updates then sent an additional letter summarizing what i accomplished during my gap year. Pubs with DOIs, presentations, mentorship stuff.

i did the same, brief blurb about my updates then sent an additional letter summarizing what i accomplished during my gap year. Pubs with DOIs, presentations, mentorship stuff.
thank you friends!

• Care
One of my other schools extended their PTE deadline to end of May bc of the FAFSA fiasco, and another sent an email stating that they were willing to be flexible on the deadline since they know a lot of schools are still rolling out aid packages.

Curious to hear from accepted students whether Case has issued any similar statements or extensions since that would likely affect WL movement. As a waitlister I am realllly hoping they are still operating according to schedule haha 🤞🏻

One of my other schools extended their PTE deadline to end of May bc of the FAFSA fiasco, and another sent an email stating that they were willing to be flexible on the deadline since they know a lot of schools are still rolling out aid packages.

Curious to hear from accepted students whether Case has issued any similar statements or extensions since that would likely affect WL movement. As a waitlister I am realllly hoping they are still operating according to schedule haha 🤞🏻
my guess is since they sent out an update email and did not mention any sort of delay then the waitlist timeline has probably not been affected.

Cases PTE deadline is the 30th

Does Case ever match financial aid? (I feel like I remember hearing that they don't, but not 100% sure)