2023-2024 Case Western Reserve

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
OOS Pre-II Rejection. Complete 8/11. Good luck to everyone still in consideration.

Members don't see this ad.

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
+1 zoom link, has anyone ever received one and been placed on the Alt list?
I don't think so, if you're rejected or placed on the Alt list they'll let you know via email on Monday if they don't intend on accepting you in the later rounds

Members don't see this ad :)
No zoom link :( I had such optimism after my interview, feel sick to my stomach

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Care
Reactions: 6 users
Does anyone else have no II or R but is being absolutely spammed with the masters programs emails? I feel like this wouldn’t be a soft R since they are actively giving rejections, but it just feels off that I’m getting them multiple times a week.
I am, its every day almost :(

Reactions: 1 users
From their website: “Since many students who eventually matriculate are accepted from the alternate list, this should not be construed as an unfavorable decision by the Admissions Committee.” I would say there’s hope!

Reactions: 1 user
Is it possible to get an interview at this point? It's been radio silent for me. I'm feeling really down because I fell in love with this school and survived all the rejection waves so far but at this point I'm losing hope.

Reactions: 6 users
Is it possible to get an interview at this point? It's been radio silent for me. I'm feeling really down because I fell in love with this school and survived all the rejection waves so far but at this point I'm losing hope.
My friend got an interview with them on Feb 3rd, 2 years ago, and got accepted by them on Feb 25th. Not to give false hope but there is definitely hope!

Early february is likely the last few interview dates. It was the case for the last cycle so TBD whether its also the case this cycle. After that, I'm not sure if they will continue to interview.

Members don't see this ad :)
+1 OOS II, submitted 8/26. Has Case Western moved onto waitlist spots? Or are they sending out As.

Reactions: 2 users
+1 OOS II, submitted 8/26. Has Case Western moved onto waitlist spots? Or are they sending out As.

Still sending A’s. In my interview they said they accept the same percentage of students every committee session. They also said next weekish should be like the last interview session!

• Care
Still sending A’s. In my interview they said they accept the same percentage of students every committee session. They also said next weekish should be like the last interview session!
Thank you! Honestly I did not expect an II from Case this late in the cycle but I appreciate the info

Thank you! Honestly I did not expect an II from Case this late in the cycle but I appreciate the info

No problem! I also think our decisions should come out relatively soon cuz it is the last session probably within February, they said 3-4 weeks.

• Wow
All these emails about their other programs but no II...

• Care
AHHHHHH. Y'ALL. Received not one, but TWO masters program emails back to back earlier this morning. When I thought I was getting a third, it was an OOS II!!!!!! AHH!!! I thought my cycle was done for!!

Complete super late August, LM 71 (low mcat/high GPA), and they're scheduling for next week!

• Love
Reactions: 23 users
AHHHHHH. Y'ALL. Received not one, but TWO masters program emails back to back earlier this morning. When I thought I was getting a third, it was an OOS II!!!!!! AHH!!! I thought my cycle was done for!!

Complete super late August, LM 71 (low mcat/high GPA), and they're scheduling for next week!

Haha that’s amazing congrats!!

• Love
It sucks how badly I love this school and I can't even let them know 😭 Please let there be more IIs 🙏

Reactions: 5 users
It sucks how badly I love this school and I can't even let them know 😭 Please let there be more IIs 🙏
I feel you. Sucks we can't send an update or anything to improve our chances. Manifesting good vibes your way!

• Care
pre-II R just received. loved Case but knew it was coming. good luck to everyone else still in!

• Care
Reactions: 5 users
Still no II or R… really dragging me along atp

• Care
Reactions: 10 users
Does anyone know if case is still sending interviews

This is cruel. If they wanted to reject us, they should have done so yesterday instead of stringing us along:cryi:

or at least give us an II for all the anxiety we have had to endure while trying to survive all these R waves
1707243762414.png

do people just straight-up call admissions?
Yeah! I saw on other sdn threads that people called to ask if the interview cycle was over. It’s only frowned upon to ask about the status of your own application.