****The Official Columbia Class of 2021 Interview/Acceptance Thread****

Also for those who paid the deposit, just triple checking that we don't have to do the background check? The Certiphi people are spamming my email but I don't want to pay $$$ if I don't have to.
Columbia wasn't on the list. It might be from other schools that accepted you?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone know when the next round of acceptances will be going out?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 user
I declined the offer to interview. Hopefully a SDN Columbia hopeful gets a nice email tomorrow. :)

Reactions: 2 users
Got an interview! Anyone have recommendations for hotels that have easy access to public transportation to Columbia?

Got an interview! Anyone have recommendations for hotels that have easy access to public transportation to Columbia?
Fort lee holiday Inn (shoutout to my boy wengerin) but you need to Uber. I also wouldn't recommend it for more than a night if you plan on staying longer to explore the city

Congrats on your interview! When did you apply? And when is your interview scheduled for?
Best of luck

Fort lee holiday Inn (shoutout to my boy wengerin) but you need to Uber. I also wouldn't recommend it for more than a night if you plan on staying longer to explore the city
Thanks for the recommendation. How are Uber rides in the city though? Wouldn't those be terribly slow and expensive with all the traffic?

Congrats on your interview! When did you apply? And when is your interview scheduled for?
Best of luck
Thanks! Sent in my main app 07/29/2016 and Columbia doesn't require a secondary. Interview is scheduled for 02/03/2017.

Thanks for the recommendation. How are Uber rides in the city though? Wouldn't those be terribly slow and expensive with all the traffic?

Thanks! Sent in my main app 07/29/2016 and Columbia doesn't require a secondary. Interview is scheduled for 02/03/2017.

Fort Lee isn't in the city it's across the GWB in New Jersey so you need an Uber/shuttle to take you across the bridge. If you stay in the city just take the subway.

Fort Lee isn't in the city it's across the GWB in New Jersey so you need an Uber/shuttle to take you across the bridge. If you stay in the city just take the subway.

Would this option be cheaper than living in the city and taking the metro?

Members don't see this ad :)
Would this option be cheaper than living in the city and taking the metro?
My hotel in the city cost about 2.5x as much as it did while exploring VS staying in the holiday inn GWB. Although I have to admit I am happy i left because although the hotel is nice it is more of a "get your business done and leave" hotel than a family getaway place lol

Is it safe to assume that Columbia is done giving out interviews? I looked through last year's thread, and it seemed like they stopped giving interviews since early January :'(

Guys, I really wanna go to Columbia :cryi::cryi::cryi:. Why can't they just tell us????

Who else thinks post-December interviewers may be getting some news tomorrow?? :)

Anyone have the nerve to call and ask when they plan on sending out the next wave of acceptances? At least we'd know if it's today or sometime in the future..

Likely since your interviewer hasn't met with the committee since. Praying that tomorrow/this weekend is the day I hear some news!

You think they would contact us on the weekend? I would think most office personnel work just monday through friday.

You think they would contact us on the weekend? I would think most office personnel work just monday through friday.

I'm not sure. Gonna be honest with you I never was so excited in my life to pray/hope for an email. I am itching to hear news so I am in the same boat as you. Feels like I'm on sdn 24/7 now

Likely since your interviewer hasn't met with the committee since. Praying that tomorrow/this weekend is the day I hear some news!
No idea. My interviewer on November 4th said the committee would be voting either the next week or the following week. Not sure if she was misinformed?

Accepted!!!!!!!!!! Interviewed 12/16.
:soexcited: :soexcited:

Reactions: 8 users
I got it at 1:45 pm Central time. No phone call.

Accepted today around 3 pm! Interviewed 12/16!!! FIRST acceptance. Submitted around beginning of November!:claps:

Reactions: 5 users
Does anyone know when financial aid packages will be available? Does a student have to put a deposit down to see how much aid they might qualify for?

The email didn't say how many days we had until we submit our deposit. Anyone know if they gave the offer on 1/13? Thanks!

The email didn't say how many days we had until we submit our deposit. Anyone know if they gave the offer on 1/13? Thanks!

My offer says 2 weeks from today's date. It's on that google form in the email.

For all those who got in today, do you mind sharing your stats?

Congrats to everyone that got in. That's so exciting! I'm REALLY hoping there's at least one more wave of interview invites that's planned to go out soon. And that I'm a part of that wave!

Reactions: 4 users
24AA, 3.8 sGPA, d1 athlete, leadership roles, volunteer experience. Hang tight people who are waiting! I think they interview into Feb!

24AA, 3.8 sGPA, d1 athlete, leadership roles, volunteer experience. Hang tight people who are waiting! I think they interview into Feb!

Just wanted to say those are amazing stats for a D1 athlete. Shows very good time management skills. Congrats on the acceptance!