***The Official Indiana University Class of 2022 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jyggaswoop

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Who? Hoosiers!!

Didn't see this one yet. My application is submitted and received/reviewing.
Residency: Indiana.
Stats: 3.42 o, 3.49 s, 3.48 BCP, 21 AA 21 TS, 18 PAT.
Attended Dental Day- Very helpful!

Class of 2020 stats:
APPLIED 1,403
Resident 191
Non-Residents 1,212

MATRICULATED 106 (Always the same ratio of Resident/Non-Residents)
Resident 71
Non-Residents 35- (1-2 usually from states not in the midwest, but 6 from Illinois, 7 from Michigan- clear Midwestern preference, 2 from International both from Canada).

Overall G.P.A. 3.55
Science G.P.A. 3.46
Academic Average 19.64
Perceptual Average 19.79
Total Science Average 19.34

Good luck to everyone applying!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Submitted the graduate application fee. Does Indiana send out secondaries?

Members don't see this ad :)
Wow, only 2 people on this thread? Hopefully theres a small pool of applicants haha. I sent my payment 10 days ago, wondering when they'll start interviewing

Just received an application complete email!

Sent my app in to AADSAS on June 1st, and IU received it June 26. Took almost a month for them to tell me it was complete. The email still said 3-6 weeks for processing even though I sent it in so early.

Did anyone else have a similar situation?

Sent my app in to AADSAS on June 1st, and IU received it June 26. Took almost a month for them to tell me it was complete. The email still said 3-6 weeks for processing even though I sent it in so early.

Yep. My friend called and they said they aren't even looking at apps yet a week ago (told by Melanie Peterson). Maybe they will start soon.

Same situation as yours; received, then complete a while later.

I got an email today about one of my letters because it didn't have a written signature. So hopefully that means they are starting to look at least to make sure everyone has all their materials turned in.

Reactions: 1 user
I got an email today about one of my letters because it didn't have a written signature. So hopefully that means they are starting to look at least to make sure everyone has all their materials turned in.
I did too, I don't understand why it is a big deal. I have to go back to my professor and bother him to do another one now.

I did too, I don't understand why it is a big deal. I have to go back to my professor and bother him to do another one now.
Yeah I went back to the admissions page of all the other schools I am applying to and only one other besides IU even mentioned a written signature. I am hoping I don't have to resend the letter to all the schools.

Yeah I went back to the admissions page of all the other schools I am applying to and only one other besides IU even mentioned a written signature. I am hoping I don't have to resend the letter to all the schools.
I doubt you'll have to. I have received the "your application is complete and under review" from 6 schools so it seems like IU is one of few worried about a signature.

I got an email on 7/13 saying that one of my letters didn't have a letterhead and signature. So I contacted the professor and told him how he just needed to fix the letter and email it to the IU admissions office. Three weeks later (8/4), IU emailed me again about other stuff that was missing, including the letter again, meaning my prof still didn't fix it. I sent another email to my prof with a sample letterhead (simple w my schools logo at the top) that he could use, and I still didn't get a reply. Maybe he's on vacation and I'm being impatient? IDK. But does anyone have any advice? Otherwise I'm going to go to his office and be annoying once school starts again in two weeks. :p

I got an email on 7/13 saying that one of my letters didn't have a letterhead and signature. So I contacted the professor and told him how he just needed to fix the letter and email it to the IU admissions office. Three weeks later (8/4), IU emailed me again about other stuff that was missing, including the letter again, meaning my prof still didn't fix it. I sent another email to my prof with a sample letterhead (simple w my schools logo at the top) that he could use, and I still didn't get a reply. Maybe he's on vacation and I'm being impatient? IDK. But does anyone have any advice? Otherwise I'm going to go to his office and be annoying once school starts again in two weeks. :p
If he isn't replying by email I would go to his office first thing and check in with him about the signature. I know it is frustrating to wait!

Members don't see this ad :)
I just got done listening to the webinar put on by ADEA AADSAS! There will be 3 waves of interview invites/interviews. They interview on weekdays. The interview consists of one 20 minute interview with 2 people interviewing you. There will be no spring interviews, all their acceptances will be given out on December 1. There was no mention on when interviews would start or when invites would go out. Hope this helps everyone!

Reactions: 2 users
Interview Invite #3
21AA
3.78 gpa
application complete mid july.
Canadian Applicant*

I got an interview as well! I'm in state.

Congrats! I am a reapplicant who interviewed last year but haven't gotten an interview ):

3.0 sGPA 3.1 overall. 24 AA. Lots of extracurriculars

Just going to copy and paste this here:

Interview #2!!
Indiana University
Notification date: 8/25/17
Method of notification: Email
Residency: MI
Application fully complete and submitted date: 6/29
GPA (science, overall): 3.25, 3.47
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 20/20/19/22/QR 17

Congrats! I am a reapplicant who interviewed last year but haven't gotten an interview ):
Could you share how your interview experience was last year and why you think you weren't accepted?

Could you share how your interview experience was last year and why you think you weren't accepted?
Interview was different last year. I thought mine went very well, I just wasn't chosen. I have improved grades and GPA since last cycle though so hopefully I get another chance.

Interview was different last year. I thought mine went very well, I just wasn't chosen. I have improved grades and GPA since last cycle though so hopefully I get another chance.
Well, improvement is what we are all after! Good job and I'm sure you'll get another one! thanks for the reply

Any July people that got interview invites? I submitted everything 7/15 and haven't heard back :/

Current D1 here. There's been a lot of changes in admissions since last year so this year vs last year interviews could either be the same or vry different. Last year's interview was 2 10-15 minute 1on1 interviews where one was more of situation/grilling type interview with some questions, and the 2nd was more laid back asking about your interest in dentistry and involvement/experiences, then the rest of the day is lunch/tours/student panel.
Morning session was Tours/interviews, then lunch and presentations
Afternoon session was lunch first then interviews after

Reactions: 3 users
Current D1. Happy to answer any questions. Had several people help me on here last year so only fair to return the favor.

Any July people that got interview invites? I submitted everything 7/15 and haven't heard back :/
I received the application complete email on July 28 and received my interview invite August 25. I'm OOS.

Stats for those that got an interview?
Indiana resident, application wasn't complete until July 28 due to a letter that didn't meet requirements. DAT-17, GPA- 3.4, certificate in dental assisting, associates in dental hygiene, bachelor's in general studies, 17 years work experience in the dental field. Interview invitation received August 25.

Mine wasn't complete until the very end of July but I received an interview. I've heard there are three waves of offers to interview going out but I don't know what the time frame is. Best of luck!

Interview #1
School: Indiana
Notification date: 8/25
Method of notification: Email
Residency: WA
Secondary Complete: 7/27
Interview Date: 9/12
GPA (overall, grad) 3.28, 3.74
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): AA 21/ TS 21/ PAT 19/ RC 24/ QR 18/ none below 1

Good Luck to everyone in the Interview tomorrow IUSD is a great school, I'll see y'all there!

Do they do PBL?

Meh no. Anything PBL is just minimal busy work and it's in class. I can really only think of one activity thus far and it was ungraded and in a pass fail ethics class. i would NOT classify IU as a PBL curriculum program

Meh no. Anything PBL is just minimal busy work and it's in class. I can really only think of one activity thus far and it was ungraded and in a pass fail ethics class. i would NOT classify IU as a PBL curriculum program
How soon do you begin to do wax ups and/or actually start to touch a handpiece?

Waxing starts fall of D1. We are about done because it's just half semester then we move to gnathology/STI simultaneously for second half of Fall which we will be using hand pieces for and that starts end if this month.

Waxing starts fall of D1. We are about done because it's just half semester then we move to gnathology/STI simultaneously for second half of Fall which we will be using hand pieces for and that starts end if this month.
Very nice information thank you! Why did you choose Indiana? I have my interview this Thursday by the way!

Very nice information thank you! Why did you choose Indiana? I have my interview this Thursday by the way!

I was in state so it was a no brainer for me.

Good luck on the interview. It is a pretty lax day. Hardest part is the waiting around that you will do in the room attached to the library. You will see what I mean and anyone that interviewed today will know what I am talking about! Be yourself, be confident and be personable and you will do well.

For those that interviewed today, how was it? I heard it is pretty laid back. Was that the case?

Status
Not open for further replies.