***The Official Indiana University Class of 2022 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you have any dental experience outside of shadowing? If you don't mind me asking.
Also, which state? Congrats on the interview! Seems like they are still giving them out

I don't have much experience outside of shadowing and im from Illinois : )

Members don't see this ad.

I got my interview scheduled for the 8th

Reactions: 2 users
Is there any benefit to having an earlier interview over a late one?

Members don't see this ad :)
yep for this school. They don't do post December interview.
I know. I'll rephrase my question: Do those who interviewed in September and October have a better likelihood of acceptance over those who are interviewing in November? Is there a benefit to being in those earlier batches of interviews over the later ones? I know spring interviews won't be happening.

Reactions: 1 user
I know. I'll rephrase my question: Do those who interviewed in September and October have a better likelihood of acceptance over those who are interviewing in November? Is there a benefit to being in those earlier batches of interviews over the later ones? I know spring interviews won't be happening.
I don't think so. They made it seem like they meet after each "batch" and pick people for acceptances, waitlist, etc. I THINK they have an allotted amount for each batch, so it shouldn't make a difference.

I just found this thread! I've been offered an interview for November 8th! It's my third year applying to dental school, but my first year applying to IU. I'm originally from Indiana, but in California now... but one of the doctors I work for went here and LOVED the school!

Is there a writing section portion of the interview day?

Members don't see this ad :)
Is it just like a paragraph respond? or essay type?
It’s however much you want to write. I think mine was 3 paragraphs. And yes, spelling/grammar counts

If the writing is the same part of the application process as it was last year, it is very insignificant. IUSD does weighted applications as a whole, and the essay was something like ~3 out of the ~75 "quality points". (4% of the entire application). Interviews, stats, volunteering, personal statement, etc. make up the majority. Truly nothing to freak out over

Anyone know what percentage of those interviewed get accepted?

Anyone know what percentage of those interviewed get accepted?
They said they interview about 300 people and the class size is 104 so i assume around 140-150 hopefully will be offered acceptance. Fingers crossed

Reactions: 1 users
They said they interview about 300 people and the class size is 104 so i assume around 140-150 hopefully will be offered acceptance. Fingers crossed

I think it also makes a difference being instate/out of state.

Is anyone going to the interview tomorrow (11/8)?

Sent from my SM-G892A using SDN mobile

Are there any non-traditional students that interviewed?

interviewed at IU this week. really relaxed interview. its a 2 interviewers in one 20 minute interview. its half closed so they do not have access to your gpa or dat score. know your application and what you have written on it you should be fine. great experience at the interview and i would highly consider this school if i get the email december 1st. oh btw they begin sending email 12:01am on dec. 1

Did anyone send an email to thank the interviewers and got a reply back? I interviewed on Nov 8, 2017

Did anyone send an email to thank the interviewers and got a reply back? I interviewed on Nov 8, 2017
I actually sent handwritten letters. They said to address them to the admissions office with the interviewers name.

I actually sent handwritten letters. They said to address them to the admissions office with the interviewers name.

Oh ok! I sent an email to both of my interviewers.

I think any note of gratitude is beneficial. I enjoyed the day and I hope they could tell how much I love the school. I was there Wednesday too, which table were you at?

I think any note of gratitude is beneficial. I enjoyed the day and I hope they could tell how much I love the school. I was there Wednesday too, which table were you at?

last table with 2 people

Ahh, Ok! I was sitting at one of the front tables, to the right facing the screen.

Yeah, I remember you! we talked a little bit while going to take a photograph :)

You, too!! If only all of us at the interview made it in. That was would be an amazing class!

Reactions: 1 users

I interviewed on the 8th and emailed both of my interviewers but only one replied I suspect that they probably get a ton of thank you letters and some choose not to reply.

I know they can't let us know if we were accepted for admission before December 1st. However, can they let us know if we were denied before that date? I know I already got denied by one school I applied to. I don't know if IUSD does the same.

I interviewed on the 8th and emailed both of my interviewers but only one replied I suspect that they probably get a ton of thank you letters and some choose not to reply.
I emailed both interviewers and got no reply, guess they didn’t like me ;(

I emailed both interviewers and got no reply, guess they didn’t like me ;(
Just because you didn't get a response doesn't mean they didn't like you. I've never gotten a response from any of my interviewers, and I've gotten their personal cards after all of them so I figured they all went pretty well.

They are really busy dentists/professors/faculty members, don't worry about it too much. Besides, they probably also don't want kids to completely overthink the email they send back, which us Pre-Dents tend to do. Hope you get in on December 1st!

I was wondering how much of an impact the essay prompt you write in 15 mins during the interview day has on our application? I hope they can read my hand writing...

I was wondering how much of an impact the essay prompt you write in 15 mins during the interview day has on our application? I hope they can read my hand writing...
I was wondering the same thing. The doctors I work for make fun of my handwriting all the time so I had to make sure I wrote really slow!

I was wondering the same thing. The doctors I work for make fun of my handwriting all the time so I had to make sure I wrote really slow!

According to other people who have interviewed and gotten accepted, it is the smallest part of our application. I wouldn't be to worried about it.

My status just changed from "invited for interview" to "none", is it a good sign or a bad one... 2 more days I'm so nervous..

my changed to none as well... im getting even more nervous...

Status
Not open for further replies.