The OFFICIAL INTERVIEW thread 2010-2011

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

calespine

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys- looks like the first interviews usually come out this coming week, so I figured we might as well get this baby started. Feel free to add your interviews as they come in. As we start it, please add the state in bold, and then your program. Good luck!!

And for subsequent additions:
Please include these instructions when you quote - And quote the last list available!
Step 1: Click on the blue "QUOTE" button at the bottom right of the last post (don't copy and paste since it will not pick up the HTML code for boldface fonts).
Step 2: Remove the bracketed things at the very beginning and very end. (QUOTE=username;numbers) and (/QUOTE) - where the parentheses are brackets.
Step 3: Make your additions, then post. Please type what you are adding in the title so people won't have to search the whole post to see what you added.

Members don't see this ad.

And this year let's do dates like the med school interviews do. That way people can go to the most recent post and get all the info they want.

E.g.
state
program name - username (date)

Is this just for acgme programs or AOA programs too?

Members don't see this ad :)
Is this just for acgme programs or AOA programs too?

Since there's already a DO interview thread, I guess it'd be better to keep it simple and just have MD interviews in this thread.

Still no allopathic interview invites? Must be a slower year

Yeah...but we are only 10 days in. I don't think the EM field is one to rush into this.

I noticed Denver, Nevada, and Utah have not even been downloading application information yet!

I am not stressing any lack of interviews until late oct. or until I see a ton of interviews being posted here.

...not like I won't be checking email a lot though;)

If you take a look at last year's thread, there was a big wave of interviews in the middle half of Oct, and another when the MSPEs came out.

Yep- for me, most of my programs will be sending out invites in late October. Usually some programs (based on those threads) send invites this week. I just want to get one or two invites under my belt...

Hey guys, just got an email for ORMC. So excited :)

that is awesome! congrats...

(make sure to use the format posted above though!)

Florida

Orlando Regional Med Ctr (9/10) -JDMDMBA (Interview Date: 11/23)

Last edited:
Florida

Orlando Regional Med Ctr - JDMDMBA (9/10), nataly1313 (9/10)

Last edited:
Let me compile. As discussed before, the format is as follows:

state
program name - username (date of interview invite)

Please include these instructions when you quote - And quote the last list available!
Step 1: Click on the blue "QUOTE" button at the bottom right of the last post (don't copy and paste since it will not pick up the HTML code for boldface fonts).
Step 2: Remove the bracketed things at the very beginning and very end. (QUOTE=username;numbers) and (/QUOTE) - where the parentheses are brackets.
Step 3: Make your additions, then post. Please type what you are adding in the title so people won't have to search the whole post to see what you added.
Florida

Orlando Regional Med: JDMDMBA (11/23), nataly1313 (11/23)

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Florida

Orlando Regional Med: JDMDMBA (11/23), nataly1313 (11/23)

just a question....but why are we posting the day we are interviewing vs the day you got the interview? I think knowing when they are handing out interviews is more informative. Not everyone will come to SDN on that day so you can't just assume the day of post =day of interview invite.

anyhow...

Quick ? I applied to orlando as well (alas, no interview invite for me) but was wondering.... are you applications complete? None of my rec letters have been uploaded, nor has my picture, but they have the rest of my application. Were yours completed? Or do programs still send out invitations even with things missing?

just a question....but why are we posting the day we are interviewing vs the day you got the interview? I think knowing when they are handing out interviews is more informative. Not everyone will come to SDN on that day so you can't just assume the day of post =day of interview invite.

anyhow...

yeah the better date is the date of the invite. When its actually scheduled isn't very useful to future applicants.

Florida

Orlando Regional Med: JDMDMBA (9/10), nataly1313 (9/10)

I'm also interested if you guys had complete applications? Did you guys rock step 1? Congrats on the invites!!:thumbup::thumbup:

I have one LOR in, not EM. I am waiting on two slors. I took step 2ck and cs.

As discussed before, the format is as follows:

state
program name - username (date of interview)

Florida

Orlando Regional Med: JDMDMBA (9/10), nataly1313 (9/10), Hamilcar (9/10)

Kentucky

University of Kentucky: Hamilcar (9/10)

Thats Awesome you guys are getting interviews! Dang! I want an offer!!!

Dang. I was hoping to be in that first batch of ORMC invites....

state

Florida

Kentucky

Texas

Texas Tech El Paso: Julie29524 (9/10)

Relax! I am a R2, and I remember this. I didn't get a lot of interviews in September (maybe 1 or 2, and NOT this early) and trust me, I had more than I could go to, and I love my program.

So DON'T stress. And, don't even think about comparing your interviews to other specialties either, its just too much. Enjoy this time. Oh, and I hope to see ya in Pittsburgh!

hey everyone! two comments-

1) do you think there's any risk in posting places you've gotten interview invites and the dates? i guess what i'm asking is, there's no chance that a program would have invited JUST you on one day in particular, and could trace you to your SDN name? (Sorry if I'm being paranoid..haha..just want to make sure..)

2) It may be even more useful to post when interviews are being held so that we can (somewhat) plan out our interview schedule based on programs we are very interested in, since invites come out in such a random order. I've seen other specialty forums do this and it seems very very helpful.
For instance, someone could put:
-University of Wherever (interviews Monday, Thursday, and Friday in December and January except for the week of Christmas): so-and-so (8/25), Mr. ABC (8/29)....
Or maybe that would be better as a different thread entirely? Any thoughts?

Good luck to everyone!

Did all you ormc people already have step 2 done?

My application isn't complete (still missing one SLOR), but I did have both CK and CS scores back prior to submitting.

Last edited:
Ah i don't think it's not really useful to post WHEN your interviewing, because not only do the programs tell you the dates that they will be interviewing if you get an interview offer (and many of them have the interview dates on their websites)

but the dates will fill up, so the dates may already be booked! It think it's pretty extraneous in that aspect, plus there's always a chance a program could find this thread and narrow us down if they are really gung ho about it. Why take the chance?

state

Florida

Kentucky

Texas

SO we are posting the day we got the interview right? So why does it say "(date of interview)" here? I agree that the day you got the invite is better and gives more info. Looks like thats the way this tread is going anyhow.

state
program name - username (date of intvite)

Florida

Kentucky

Texas

I changed the instructions- I agree that we probably care more about when invites were sent. I'm also interested in whether the other folks that got invites from ORMC had their step 2 scores?

Last edited:
Ah i don't think it's not really useful to post WHEN your interviewing, because not only do the programs tell you the dates that they will be interviewing if you get an interview offer (and many of them have the interview dates on their websites)

but the dates will fill up, so the dates may already be booked! It think it's pretty extraneous in that aspect, plus there's always a chance a program could find this thread and narrow us down if they are really gung ho about it. Why take the chance?

I'm not suggesting you say when YOU are interviewing, but instead when the programs are offering interviews. It does say on some websites, but definitely not most. True that dates may already be booked but it's good to at least have an idea... I have seen this done in other forums (example below is copied from the Gen Surg thread) and I really think it's useful information to have when you're replying to other interview invitations, especially when applying to multiple programs in one city so you don't have to make multiple trips. Just an idea!

example from Gen Surgery:
Arizona
Maricopa Medical Center (9/10); dates 11/3, 11/10, 11/17, 12/1, 12/8, 12/15, 1/5

Texas
UT-Houston (9/8); dates: 11/18, 12/9, 12/16

Pennsylvania
Temple University (9/10); dates: 11/10, 11/17, 12/1, 1/5

Florida

Florida Hospital: nataly1313 (9/13)

Kentucky

Texas

November 11,November 16, November 18, November 23, November 30, December 2, December 9, December 16,
January 4, January 6, January 13, January 20, January 27,
February 2.

DC

Georgetown (M&W from Nov-Jan, except Christmas/New Years): EMRocks (9/14)

Florida

Orlando Regional Med (Nov 11,16,18,23,30; Dec 2,9,16; Jan 4,6,13,20, 27; Feb 4): JDMDMBA (9/10), nataly1313 (9/10), Hamilcar (9/10)

Kentucky

University of Kentucky (Nov 8,15,22,29; Dec 6,13,20; Jan 10): Hamilcar (9/10), EMRocks (9/13)

Texas

Last edited:
DC

Florida

Orlando Regional Med (Nov 11,16,18,23,30; Dec 2,9,16; Jan 4,6,13,20, 27; Feb 4): JDMDMBA (9/10), nataly1313 (9/10), Hamilcar (9/10)

Kentucky

University of Kentucky (Nov 8,15,22,29; Dec 6,13,20; Jan 10): Hamilcar (9/10), EMRocks (9/13)

Texas

Congrats on the invites EMRocks and mlw47- do you all have your step 2 scores?

Last edited:
DC

Florida

Kentucky

MA

BIDMC HAEMR (Nov 10,11,17,18; Dec 1,2,8,9,15,16,22; Jan 5,6,12,13,19): mlw47 (9/14)

Texas

Texas Tech El Paso: Julie29524 (9/10)[/QUOTE]

Can we have everyone just start posting if your CK score was in at the time of your interview invitation? I think this would be pretty informative at least for the next few weeks.
It seems 3 places I applied have started giving interviews, and I am curious to know if the early invites are to people with CK in.
Thanks.

state

DC

Florida

Kentucky

MA

BIDMC HAEMR (Nov 10,11,17,18; Dec 1,2,8,9,15,16,22; Jan 5,6,12,13,19): mlw47 (9/14), EM2B (9/14, CK in)

Texas

Well this is crappy. Thats now 4 places I applied that have started sending invites and I havent gotten any yet. I thought I was at least decently competitive. I know people say to just wait it out, but 4 out of the 6 posted on here that have sent invites, I applied to.
I cant help but feel like I missed something or something I dont know about is crappy on my app!
There was nothing else we needed to do for each individual program after submitting ERAS and sending LORs, etc. right?

I cant help but feel like I missed something or something I dont know about is crappy on my app! ...

No don't feel bad, I'm sure you did everything fine and it's just a matter of time.

I hope this thread doesn't turn into another arena of med student paranoia.

state

DC

Florida

Kentucky

MA

BIDMC HAEMR (Nov 10,11,17,18; Dec 1,2,8,9,15,16,22; Jan 5,6,12,13,19): EM2B (9/14, CK in)

Texas

No don't feel bad, I'm sure you did everything fine and it's just a matter of time.

I hope this thread doesn't turn into another arena of med student paranoia.

Every past year's thread starts like this while early invites trickle in, but then in october the flood gates blow open and tons of invites get added everyday. I'm probably just as impatient as anyone, but I keep trying to convince myself we'll all get enough invites in the end...

state

DC

Florida

Kentucky

MA

BIDMC HAEMR (Nov 10,11,17,18; Dec 1,2,8,9,15,16,22; Jan 5,6,12,13,19): EM2B (9/14, CK in)

Texas

Well this is crappy. Thats now 4 places I applied that have started sending invites and I havent gotten any yet. I thought I was at least decently competitive. I know people say to just wait it out, but 4 out of the 6 posted on here that have sent invites, I applied to.
I cant help but feel like I missed something or something I dont know about is crappy on my app!
There was nothing else we needed to do for each individual program after submitting ERAS and sending LORs, etc. right?

For reals? There have been 2500 views of this thread and 6 or so people have got invites. It is 2 weeks in. I am nervous too but give it time.

state

DC

Florida

Kentucky

MA

Texas

Texas Tech El Paso (Interview days are M/R from 11/4 through 2/11): Julie29524 (9/10), (9/14, CK & CS in)

state

CO

Denver: RxnMan (10/12)

DC

Florida

Kentucky

MA

Texas

Texas Tech El Paso (Interview days are M/R from 11/4 through 2/11): Julie29524 (9/10), (9/14, CK & CS in)

state

CO

Denver: RxnMan (10/12)

DC

Florida

Florida Hospital (interviews Thurs 11/4-1/20): nataly1313 (9/13), alwaysaangel (9/14)

Kentucky

MA

Texas