*** The Official LECOM Class of 2023 Interview/Acceptance Thread ***

Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stanelz

RDA-->DMD-->ENDO
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey guys it's that time again! To everyone applying to LECOM, good luck and I'll see you guys on the interview trail!

LECOM begins interviewing in July* and conducts most of their interviews from September through January with smaller waves from January through March

Acceptances typically go out beginning on December first with additional large rounds early January and Early February followed by smaller rounds end of February through May with possibility of acceptance until school has begun. Those that interview after January usually hear back within a few weeks if they have been accepted. Alternate list begins shortly after December 1st, many people (including myself) have been accepted off the alternate list.

**One student in class of 2022 was accepted one week after class started

Things to note about LECOM:
LECOM uses the pass/fail grading system UPDATE 7/18/18 LECOM IS NOW GRADED FOR DIDACTICS
LECOM will now be teaching cad/cam starting with the class of 2022

LECOM students spend years 1 through 3 in Bradenton (Florida) and year 4 in either Defuniak Springs (Florida) or Eerie (Pennsylvania)-Your choice
LECOM SODM opened its doors in 2012 which a new building and facilities that are top notch. LECOM already had an existing pharmacy and medical school in the area for many years prior.
LECOM Class size is typically around 105
LECOM COA is estimated at 370k which is quite a bit less than the average dental school
LECOM is located in Bradenton, Florida which is on the East coast near Tampa/sarasota

Specialization Rates on 2017-2018 Match

Applied/Accepted
Orthodontics: 3/4
Periodontics: 5/6
OMFS: 3/4
Oral Path: 1/1
Prosthodontics: 2/2
Pediatrics: 5/5
Endodontics: 1/1 (with 1 yr AEGD)
AEGD/GPR: 10/10

Previous Year's Thread:
*** The Official LECOM Class of 2022 Interview/Acceptance Thread ***
2017 - *** The Official LECOM Class of 2021 Interview/Acceptance Thread ***

What is PBL?
What is PBL anyways? Turning students into doctors!

Link to interview prep: LECOM School of Dental Medicine at Bradenton Interview Feedback
----> Be sure to give feedback on your interview to help future applicants! 🙂

AMA's by LECOM students:
LECOM D3 AMA
LECOM D1 student AMA
LECOM D1 almost finished. AMA


*
edited by staff to include link to interview feedback
 
Last edited:
What was the class profile for the entering class? OOS friendly? DAT average/GPA average?
 
Current D3.

LECOM actually starts interviewing in July and ends the interviewing process in April. Following Dec 1st, there are acceptances given out all the way up to the first day of school starting.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I’m applying to the EAP for dental medicine this summer. From what I’ve heard, this is a lot harder to get into than the DO program due to less seats. I’m applying as a senior in high school.
Can you give me some insight on this information, the interview process, possibly your stats (if you don’t mind). Also, having been accepted, would you be able to give me an idea of my chances:
Weighted GPA: 4.73
Unweighted: 3.87
ACT: 32
300 hours shadowing in a general dental office.
2 years employed as dental assistant.
100 hours shadowing in an oral and maxilo facial surgery center.
100 hours shadowing in CCU at local hospital.
Multiple volunteering activities, NHS, etc.
Thank you 🙂
 
Last edited:
Hi Zburk, I am curious why did you apply to this school with your stats? How many schools did you apply?
Thanks
I applied to 7 schools. I've heard great thing about LECOM's program (PBL curriculum, early involvement in clinic, tuition is on the cheaper side for private schools and is cheaper than being out of state at public schools, location) so it's definitely a school I'm seriously considering if I'm able to get accepted.
 
I applied to 7 schools. I've heard great thing about LECOM's program (PBL curriculum, early involvement in clinic, tuition is on the cheaper side for private schools and is cheaper than being out of state at public schools, location) so it's definitely a school I'm seriously considering if I'm able to get accepted.

Thank you for sharing!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey guys! For those who have completed the supplemental, are there additional essays/questions? I want to get a feel for what to expect. Thanks!
 
Has anyone got a confirmation email saying application is complete and under review from LECOM? It says in the portal they’ve received my supplemental, but under letters and credits nothing is entered.
I got 2 emails. One when aadsas was received by them. One when I completed supplemental.
 
Has anyone got a confirmation email saying application is complete and under review from LECOM? It says in the portal they’ve received my supplemental, but under letters and credits nothing is entered.
I recieved the same 2 confirmation emails as Pearl E. White, and my portal is exactly the same as yours. I have not received an email that my app is under review.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So, on the LECOM portal, most of my coursework has been approved as of 7/11. However, English (6 credits) has a red X, which indicates it has not been received or entered by the LECOM office. Should I contact them? My English coursework appears on the same transcript as the other, already approved coursework.
 
So I got an email today that my supplemental app has been processed, but my portal still shows my rec letters as missing. Is this normal and due to processing time? The letters should’ve been delivered whenever i submitted my AADSAS app.
 
my admission status says: "We received your supplemental application. The review process will begin on your file. You will be notified when updates are made." Should I be worried that nothing has been processed yet?
 
my admission status says: "We received your supplemental application. The review process will begin on your file. You will be notified when updates are made." Should I be worried that nothing has been processed yet?
I have the same thing...
 
my admission status says: "We received your supplemental application. The review process will begin on your file. You will be notified when updates are made." Should I be worried that nothing has been processed yet?

no I think that is normal, mine says the same thing!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Okay so my status changed again to the decision will be made when they get all the recommendation letter from an invitation to interview.. so i am not sure whats going on now.. I submitted all my letters though.....
 
Never mind I got it. I submitted my supplemental 8 days ago and my status reads , "We received your supplemental application. The review process will begin on your file. You will be notified when updates are made."
 
Status
Not open for further replies.