*** The Official LECOM Class of 2023 Interview/Acceptance Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stanelz

RDA-->DMD
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys it's that time again! To everyone applying to LECOM, good luck and I'll see you guys on the interview trail!

LECOM begins interviewing in July* and conducts most of their interviews from September through January with smaller waves from January through March

Acceptances typically go out beginning on December first with additional large rounds early January and Early February followed by smaller rounds end of February through May with possibility of acceptance until school has begun. Those that interview after January usually hear back within a few weeks if they have been accepted. Alternate list begins shortly after December 1st, many people (including myself) have been accepted off the alternate list.

**One student in class of 2022 was accepted one week after class started

Things to note about LECOM:
LECOM uses the pass/fail grading system UPDATE 7/18/18 LECOM IS NOW GRADED FOR DIDACTICS
LECOM will now be teaching cad/cam starting with the class of 2022

LECOM students spend years 1 through 3 in Bradenton (Florida) and year 4 in either Defuniak Springs (Florida) or Eerie (Pennsylvania)-Your choice
LECOM SODM opened its doors in 2012 which a new building and facilities that are top notch. LECOM already had an existing pharmacy and medical school in the area for many years prior.
LECOM Class size is typically around 105
LECOM COA is estimated at 370k which is quite a bit less than the average dental school
LECOM is located in Bradenton, Florida which is on the East coast near Tampa/sarasota

Specialization Rates on 2017-2018 Match

Applied/Accepted
Orthodontics: 3/4
Periodontics: 5/6
OMFS: 3/4
Oral Path: 1/1
Prosthodontics: 2/2
Pediatrics: 5/5
Endodontics: 1/1 (with 1 yr AEGD)
AEGD/GPR: 10/10

Previous Year's Thread:
*** The Official LECOM Class of 2022 Interview/Acceptance Thread ***
2017 - *** The Official LECOM Class of 2021 Interview/Acceptance Thread ***

What is PBL?
What is PBL anyways? Turning students into doctors!

Link to interview prep: LECOM School of Dental Medicine at Bradenton Interview Feedback
----> Be sure to give feedback on your interview to help future applicants! :)

AMA's by LECOM students:
LECOM D3 AMA
LECOM D1 student AMA
LECOM D1 almost finished. AMA

edited by staff to include link to interview feedback

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
What was the class profile for the entering class? OOS friendly? DAT average/GPA average?

Current D3.

LECOM actually starts interviewing in July and ends the interviewing process in April. Following Dec 1st, there are acceptances given out all the way up to the first day of school starting.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I’m applying to the EAP for dental medicine this summer. From what I’ve heard, this is a lot harder to get into than the DO program due to less seats. I’m applying as a senior in high school.
Can you give me some insight on this information, the interview process, possibly your stats (if you don’t mind). Also, having been accepted, would you be able to give me an idea of my chances:
Weighted GPA: 4.73
Unweighted: 3.87
ACT: 32
300 hours shadowing in a general dental office.
2 years employed as dental assistant.
100 hours shadowing in an oral and maxilo facial surgery center.
100 hours shadowing in CCU at local hospital.
Multiple volunteering activities, NHS, etc.
Thank you :)

Last edited:
Received supplemental today. App verified 6/17/18

Received supplemental today. App verified 6/17/18

Hi Zburk, I am curious why did you apply to this school with your stats? How many schools did you apply?
Thanks

Hi Zburk, I am curious why did you apply to this school with your stats? How many schools did you apply?
Thanks
I applied to 7 schools. I've heard great thing about LECOM's program (PBL curriculum, early involvement in clinic, tuition is on the cheaper side for private schools and is cheaper than being out of state at public schools, location) so it's definitely a school I'm seriously considering if I'm able to get accepted.

Reactions: 1 user
I applied to 7 schools. I've heard great thing about LECOM's program (PBL curriculum, early involvement in clinic, tuition is on the cheaper side for private schools and is cheaper than being out of state at public schools, location) so it's definitely a school I'm seriously considering if I'm able to get accepted.

Thank you for sharing!

Members don't see this ad :)
my stuff has been verified for about a week. I haven't received my supplemental should I call?

my stuff has been verified for about a week. I haven't received my supplemental should I call?
Likewise here, but I don’t take the DAT for another week, are they waiting on that?

I’m on the same boat. This is one of the few schools I haven’t heard back from since applying.

Last edited:
no everythings in but my LOR so thats why i've held off from calling

Still extremely early guys id give it another week or two, they probably have an influx of apps rn and are processing through them. If you have applied at this point you are very early

Reactions: 2 users
Hey guys! For those who have completed the supplemental, are there additional essays/questions? I want to get a feel for what to expect. Thanks!

Hey guys! For those who have completed the supplemental, are there additional essays/questions? I want to get a feel for what to expect. Thanks!
Not really. Other than your name lol

According to last years threads we should start hearing from LECOM sometime next week, correct?

Has anyone got a confirmation email saying application is complete and under review from LECOM? It says in the portal they’ve received my supplemental, but under letters and credits nothing is entered.

Reactions: 3 users
Has anyone got a confirmation email saying application is complete and under review from LECOM? It says in the portal they’ve received my supplemental, but under letters and credits nothing is entered.
I got 2 emails. One when aadsas was received by them. One when I completed supplemental.

I recieved the same 2 confirmation emails as Pearl E. White, and my portal is exactly the same as yours. I have not received an email that my app is under review.

Hey guys currently sitting in day one of orientation for class of 2022

Class stats for 2022:
AA:20
GPA:3.5
sGPA3.5
NonSGPA:3.7

Apps: 3333
Interviews: 500
Class size: I believe is 104-105

Class is 50/50 oos, about 10 texans

Last edited:
Reactions: 7 users
Hey guys sitting in day two of orientation, its official, LECOM is now graded didactics with GPA not pass/fail starting for class of 2022 to help specialization

Reactions: 4 users
My status on the portal changed to congratulations you have been schedule for an interview! But i havent received any email about it though

I submitted my application on 6/11 and received an application confirmation email on 7/2.

My status on the portal changed to congratulations you have been schedule for an interview! But i havent received any email about it though
Can you see if the letters and credits has been received?

So, on the LECOM portal, most of my coursework has been approved as of 7/11. However, English (6 credits) has a red X, which indicates it has not been received or entered by the LECOM office. Should I contact them? My English coursework appears on the same transcript as the other, already approved coursework.

So I got an email today that my supplemental app has been processed, but my portal still shows my rec letters as missing. Is this normal and due to processing time? The letters should’ve been delivered whenever i submitted my AADSAS app.

So I got an email today that my supplemental app has been processed, but my portal still shows my rec letters as missing. Is this normal and due to processing time? The letters should’ve been delivered whenever i submitted my AADSAS app.
Yes its normal

my admission status says: "We received your supplemental application. The review process will begin on your file. You will be notified when updates are made." Should I be worried that nothing has been processed yet?

my admission status says: "We received your supplemental application. The review process will begin on your file. You will be notified when updates are made." Should I be worried that nothing has been processed yet?
I have the same thing...

no I think that is normal, mine says the same thing!

Okay so my status changed again to the decision will be made when they get all the recommendation letter from an invitation to interview.. so i am not sure whats going on now.. I submitted all my letters though.....

How do you check your application status on the portal?

Never mind I got it. I submitted my supplemental 8 days ago and my status reads , "We received your supplemental application. The review process will begin on your file. You will be notified when updates are made."

Status
Not open for further replies.