*** The Official LECOM Class of 2023 Interview/Acceptance Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Never mind I got it. I submitted my supplemental 8 days ago and my status reads , "We received your supplemental application. The review process will begin on your file. You will be notified when updates are made."
Thats what mine says but is there a way to check coursework received on the portal?

Members don't see this ad.

Never mind I got it. I submitted my supplemental 8 days ago and my status reads , "We received your supplemental application. The review process will begin on your file. You will be notified when updates are made."
I see the same thing when I click on "View Admissions Status" but when I click on Applicant DMD- Brandenton, it shows that my supplement is "in progress."

I paid the supplemental fee already which was the last step of the supplement I believe. Did you status for the supplement change?

Members don't see this ad :)
I see the same thing when I click on "View Admissions Status" but when I click on Applicant DMD- Brandenton, it shows that my supplement is "in progress."

I paid the supplemental fee already which was the last step of the supplement I believe. Did you status for the supplement change?
mine says the same thing

Reactions: 1 user
Yeah im guessing admissions is crazy busy right now at most schools, so im just gunna hang tight.

Mine says “The Admissions Committee requests all letters of recommendation before making a decision on your file.” Idk why

So, on the LECOM portal, most of my coursework has been approved as of 7/11. However, English (6 credits) has a red X, which indicates it has not been received or entered by the LECOM office. Should I contact them? My English coursework appears on the same transcript as the other, already approved coursework.

Where on the portal do you need this. You mean the LECOM portal? The only specific info I see on my portal is "No folder items which meet the requirements have been received." I don't see any area about coursework. Can you tell me where that spot is? I submitted on June 5. Thank you!

Where on the portal do you need this. You mean the LECOM portal? The only specific info I see on my portal is "No folder items which meet the requirements have been received." I don't see any area about coursework. Can you tell me where that spot is? I submitted on June 5. Thank you!
That is it. You just have to wait.

Finally heard from LECOM and received the supplemental after being verified on 6/19. My AADSAS application currently has my old DAT scores but my new scores are still not showing up. I figured LECOM was waiting for my application to be complete but I guess that wasn't the case.

Any dental students at LECOM can tell us how to prepare for the interview? What’s the best recourses? What kind of questions they ask?

Members don't see this ad :)

Specialization Rates on 2017-2018 Match

Applied/Accepted
Orthodontics: 3/4
Periodontics: 5/6
OMFS: 3/4
Oral Path: 1/1
Prosthodontics: 2/2
Pediatrics: 5/5
Endodontics: 1/1 (with 1 yr AEGD)
AEGD/GPR: 10/10

Does anyone know the in-state vs out-of-state acceptance rate for LECOM Dental? I'm having a hard time finding this information.

Does anyone know the in-state vs out-of-state acceptance rate for LECOM Dental? I'm having a hard time finding this information.

I dont know the exact stats but my class looks to be about evenly split is/oos

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
How long after the "LECOM Dental Medicine has Processed your Supplemental Application" email did you guys get the interview invites?

Just got the interview invite today! The interview date is on August 30th. :clap:
I'm from NYC. I can't drive. :ninja: Anyone knows how convenient is Uber in the area?

Last edited:
Just got the interview invite today! The interview date is on August 30th. :clap:
I'm from NYC. I can't drive. :ninja: Anyone knows how convenient of the Uber in the area?

Uber presence is good, per all of my drunken classmates

Got an interview invite this morning as well! Signed up for August 2nd. Good luck to everyone!

Good luck people, if you see me say hey

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
Are they like not going in order? I had my committee packet submitted on 6/20 and finished my supplemental about the same day and nothing has changed for me in the portal?

How long after the "LECOM Dental Medicine has Processed your Supplemental Application" email did you guys get the interview invites?
How long after submitting your supplemental did you get this? I still haven’t recieved this email..

Hmm, okay thanks. Did the checklist update after you got that email?
Yea, I was able to see the "Required courses and letters" tab on the portal with the "received" dates next to each one.

For those of you who got interviews, when you guys say application complete, is that when you submitted the supplemental or when your aadsas app got verified?

For those of you who got interviews, when you guys say application complete, is that when you submitted the supplemental or when your aadsas app got verified?
Submitted AADSAS on May 30th. GPAs verified on July 8th. My committee letter was received on July 20.
I finished the portal on the 22nd. And I got the invite on July 23rd at 11 am.

For those invited for an interview thru your portal, did you have to wait for an email to schedule your interview date?

I did not. I was able to schedule an interview through the portal before I got the email for an interview.
I just scheduled on the portal. August 23rd. I forgot to look around on the portal due to the excitement.

hey mine is August 23rd too!! Where will you be staying if you are of out state?
I got a hotel room at the country inn & suites. I feel like I got a good deal considering it’s florida and it was for two nights.

Last edited:
I got a hotel room at the country inn & suites. I feel like I got a good deal aonsidering it’s florida and it was for two nights.
I am just checking because I wanna see students around me in the hotel so yeah maybe I will go ahead and reserve at the country inn too! I will see youuu

can you tell us how to prepare for the interview? What’s the best recourses? What kind of questions they ask?

I wont go into the specific questions I was asked but I will say that there were none that caught me off guard, just your typical dental interview questions. It is a group interview so it will be two interviewers and 6 interviewees. Just try to practice multiple responses to the same question so that you dont have to say the same thing that someone else says. Be outgoing and excited but dont try to steal the spotlight. Most of interview day is people coming in and talking about random stuff about the school. the actual interview is about 45 minutes to 1 hours since there are 6 responses to every question.

As far as soap carving, dont worry about it and dont try to practice.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
I wont go into the specific questions I was asked but I will say that there were none that caught me off guard, just your typical dental interview questions. It is a group interview so it will be two interviewers and 6 interviewees. Just try to practice multiple responses to the same question so that you dont have to say the same thing that someone else says. Be outgoing and excited but dont try to steal the spotlight. Most of interview day is people coming in and talking about random stuff about the school. the actual interview is about 45 minutes to 1 hours since there are 6 responses to every question.

wait, the interview isn't one to one?

Was the interview more of a group discussion type of thing? Or the interviewers just asked questions and we each have to answer them in the group?

For whoever has their interview on august 23rd, anyone staying at Hampton Inn and Suite? I called and checked and this hotel is at the airport so we don't any shuttle

For anyone interviewing on August 2: did you receive a confirmation email 10 days prior to confirm you are attending the interview? I just reread my email and I realized I never received a “confirmation” but on my portal it says “Interviews Scheduled: August 2, 8:00AM”. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Status
Not open for further replies.