You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
****The Official Midwestern - Illinois Class of 2016 Acceptance Thread****
Started by tinman831
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Yup...Anyone accepted from the 1/19 interview date?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello everyone.
I have been wait-listed at my in-state school, so it seems I may be going here. If anyone knows of good housing options in the area, I would love to hear about them. I am HPSP, and don't plan on taking out any loans, so I will have ~26K to live on annually. I have a girlfriend who will be coming with me, but her salary is yet unknown. So... cheap housing is obviously a must!
I have already looked at on-campus housing, and like some of the options I see. But because I will not be living alone, off-campus housing would be nice.
Any suggestions?
I have been wait-listed at my in-state school, so it seems I may be going here. If anyone knows of good housing options in the area, I would love to hear about them. I am HPSP, and don't plan on taking out any loans, so I will have ~26K to live on annually. I have a girlfriend who will be coming with me, but her salary is yet unknown. So... cheap housing is obviously a must!
I have already looked at on-campus housing, and like some of the options I see. But because I will not be living alone, off-campus housing would be nice.
Any suggestions?
Hello everyone.
I have been wait-listed at my in-state school, so it seems I may be going here. If anyone knows of good housing options in the area, I would love to hear about them. I am HPSP, and don't plan on taking out any loans, so I will have ~26K to live on annually. I have a girlfriend who will be coming with me, but her salary is yet unknown. So... cheap housing is obviously a must!
I have already looked at on-campus housing, and like some of the options I see. But because I will not be living alone, off-campus housing would be nice.
Any suggestions?
Join the facebook group and a lot of your questions will be answered there. If you don't have it definitely look into City View, Brook Hill, and International Village.
I am a D1 so you can PM me with any questions.
Join the facebook group and a lot of your questions will be answered there. If you don't have it definitely look into City View, Brook Hill, and International Village.
I am a D1 so you can PM me with any questions.
Thanks for the tips buddy. I'll probably take you up on the PM offer if I think of any questions. Maybe I'll see you in the fall.
i think tomorrow is a lucky day...who else is waiting to hear from mwu-il?
I am..When did you interview? do you know how many seats are still left?
The facebook has a lot of D1s in it to answer questions from us so it's not an accurate representation of the class.
I think they send out acceptances once a month, those in January heard back in February
3, so those who interviewed this month will probably hear back early March.
I think they send out acceptances once a month, those in January heard back in February
3, so those who interviewed this month will probably hear back early March.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I just scheduled an interview for March. Does anyone know how many spots are left? I was surprised to have gotten an interview; I didn't know they interviewed through March!
I interviewed at the beginning of Feb. According to the school, at the beginning of Feb., the class was half full (approx. 70 spots remaining)I just scheduled an interview for March. Does anyone know how many spots are left? I was surprised to have gotten an interview; I didn't know they interviewed through March!
Oh wow, I didn't realize there were still that many spots left. Looks like I might still have a shot. Have you heard back after your interview? Either way, good luck!
interviewed 2/16 havent heard anything yet. i expect we'll hear back in the next week. good luck!Anyone accepted from the 2/7 interview date or after?
My AADSAS was never updated even when I was invited for the interview but now I have access to all the acceptance info via my online applicant account. Have you heard back?Is your portal updated? Congrats!
How many of people were their on the days you guys interviewed (in your group)?
Is anyone else here waiting to get an interview from Midwestern? I want to go to this school so bad and this waiting is killing me.
I interviewed in Jan but there were two groups of 8 at my interview.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Has anyone from the waitlist been accepted yet, or do they not review the waitlisted people until the end?
i'm waitlisted. Does anyone know when they stop interviewing? also they say the waiting list is open all the way till september.. does anyone actually get accepted during the summer? I would imagine they have the majority of the class put together by may
I called today and I was told that so far they have interviews through the end of March. And I have gotten mixed answers about when they begin reviewing waitlisted applicants, one time I was told they won't be looking back to the waitlist until after all interviews are finished and all offers were made, then Abbey told me that ppl can be pulled off the waitlist at any time, so idk which is correct.
I called today and I was told that so far they have interviews through the end of March. And I have gotten mixed answers about when they begin reviewing waitlisted applicants, one time I was told they won't be looking back to the waitlist until after all interviews are finished and all offers were made, then Abbey told me that ppl can be pulled off the waitlist at any time, so idk which is correct.
I forgot who said this (either the dean or Abbey) Anyway, they said that they pull people from the wait list based on the needs of the class. They used the example that if they don't have enough people from the northeast region of the states they will focus on wait listed people from that area. I got the impression that this happens throughout the cycle but they didn't actually say that.
I forgot who said this (either the dean or Abbey) Anyway, they said that they pull people from the wait list based on the needs of the class. They used the example that if they don't have enough people from the northeast region of the states they will focus on wait listed people from that area. I got the impression that this happens throughout the cycle but they didn't actually say that.
Well has anyone or anyone you know been accepted off the waitlist so far? I just want to know if I'm going to have to wait until May or June to hear back. And does this mean Illinois residents are at a disadvantage since I would assume they have enough candidates from here?
Well has anyone or anyone you know been accepted off the waitlist so far? I just want to know if I'm going to have to wait until May or June to hear back. And does this mean Illinois residents are at a disadvantage since I would assume they have enough candidates from here?
Sorry I don't know anyone who has been accepted. I posted in the Facebook group and asked. I was wait listed at two schools last cycle so I feel your pain.
Corey
I talked to a current D1. He said he was accepted off the wait list in April.
did he send letter of intent or anything to get off the waitlist?
I don't think so but my general opinion is they don't hurt.
Someone posted on the Facebook group that they were told the wait list is not processed until after interviews are done and that they aren't ranked. I'm sure we will see a lot of movement in April. I believe April is when AADSAS tells all schools who has multiple deposits down. Good luck!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congrats to all who have been accepted to MWU-IL!
I'm currently a D1 here and look forward to seeing you all in August! Travel, relax, spend time with family and friends.
Awesome faculty here, you'll truly enjoy it!
I'm currently a D1 here and look forward to seeing you all in August! Travel, relax, spend time with family and friends.
Awesome faculty here, you'll truly enjoy it!
Has anyone who interviewed during March hear back yet?
Has anyone who interviewed during March hear back yet?
No I haven't heard back.. Interviewed 3/20
Are we expected to hear back today? I interviewed 3/15. 

Similar threads
- Replies
- 62
- Views
- 28K
- Replies
- 54
- Views
- 24K
- Replies
- 65
- Views
- 15K
- Replies
- 21
- Views
- 13K
- Replies
- 353
- Views
- 125K