You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
****The Official Midwestern - Illinois Class of 2016 Acceptance Thread****
Started by tinman831
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I think that it will be after today. Today was the due date for those who got accepted early March to place a deposit. This way they will know how many seats they will have left. I would expect, if I were you, to find out tomorrow afternoon or on the 4th! Good luck I remember checking my E-mail hundreds of times a day to find out any news. At least I heard good news from CDMI!
Yea I feel like I am on pins and needles. Has anyone heard anything today? Maybe tomorrow will be the day!I think that it will be after today. Today was the due date for those who got accepted early March to place a deposit. This way they will know how many seats they will have left. I would expect, if I were you, to find out tomorrow afternoon or on the 4th! Good luck I remember checking my E-mail hundreds of times a day to find out any news. At least I heard good news from CDMI!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yea I feel like I am on pins and needles. Has anyone heard anything today? Maybe tomorrow will be the day!
I hope so! this wait is torture...
Dec 1st a Thursday, Feb 2nd a Thursday, March 1st a Thursday, April 5th a Thursday<---My guess when the torture is over! Good luck to everyone that had an interview last month!
Any idea if anyone from the waitlist will be accepted with march interviewers?
I got an e-mail earlier this afternoon saying I was accepted. Interviewed on March 20.
I called the admissions office today and the lady on the phone had said that the committee hasn't even met yet, so they are hoping to meet tomorrow and send out decisions next week...
I called the admissions office today and the lady on the phone had said that the committee hasn't even met yet, so they are hoping to meet tomorrow and send out decisions next week...
you were misinformed. i was also accepted today. interviewed on 3/22.
you were misinformed. i was also accepted today. interviewed on 3/22.
That's strange and confusing that the admissions office would misinform me on something big like that 😕 ... Anyway congrats on your acceptance!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
i turned down my seat. good luck to you guys!
Can I ask why? Unfortunately I may be doing the same. The cost is just so great I don't know if I can afford it. Feel free to message me.
Can I ask why? Unfortunately I may be doing the same. The cost is just so great I don't know if I can afford it. Feel free to message me.
i was also accepted to vcu today, which is close to home and really where i was hoping to attend. i also withdrew from roseman today. CDMI really impressed me during the interview and i would've really enjoyed attending there. the faculty and students are great people and the facilities are amazing. i also drove by the new clinic being built and it's in a great location. yes it's expensive, but well worth the money if you were to choose to attend. but at the end of the day, vcu is much cheaper and, more importantly, a better fit for me and my family.
I was notified and put on the wait list!! Interviewed march20. So if you guys have other schools to choose from. Help a guy out and choose the other schools haha!!Any updates??
I was notified and put on the wait list!! Interviewed march20. So if you guys have other schools to choose from. Help a guy out and choose the other schools haha!!
I still haven't heard anything...How were you notified if you don't mind me asking?
Abbey sent me an email. I sent her one yesterday just asking if acceptances had been sent out. So I dont know if that sped up my response and hurt me or not. So I dont know if she was responding to my email or going through the rounds.I still haven't heard anything...How were you notified if you don't mind me asking?
It seems that everyone that didn't get accepted gets put on the waitlist. They don't contact you for that, only a letter in the mail. But I called and Abbey told me I was in the waitlist.
It seems that everyone that didn't get accepted gets put on the waitlist. They don't contact you for that, only a letter in the mail. But I called and Abbey told me I was in the waitlist.
does anyone know more details about the waitlist? How many are actually on the waitlist? Abbey told me that there isn't a ranking...
I remember they said that the committee only meets once a month, does that's still apply with the wait list people now?
Just got accepted on April 5 after interviewing on March 20. I plan on taking the spot and look forward to seeing many of you in the fall.
Anyone know how I can get one credit hour in physics with the least amount of effort? I did an undergrad in Mechanical Engineering and took tons of it through the ME department, but only 7 credits through the physics department.
Anyone know how I can get one credit hour in physics with the least amount of effort? I did an undergrad in Mechanical Engineering and took tons of it through the ME department, but only 7 credits through the physics department.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I called them today and I was told that the committee will be meeting this week, so I hope that means some of us waitlisters will hear something soon 🙂
Anyone hear anything?
Anyone hear anything?
I haven't heard anything yet!! I talked to them and the lady made it sound like there won't be much activity happening on the waitlist until summer. I tried to get some information on how many are on the list.... etc.. I couldn't really get much info.
Ugh I can't take this waiting.
Does anyone have any knowledge about the accreditation of this school? I'm accepted, but I'm worried that they're a new school with only an initial accreditation status.
That, and the cost, are really my only concerns about Midwestern-IL! Thanks to anyone who can help.
That, and the cost, are really my only concerns about Midwestern-IL! Thanks to anyone who can help.
Does anyone have any knowledge about the accreditation of this school? I'm accepted, but I'm worried that they're a new school with only an initial accreditation status.
That, and the cost, are really my only concerns about Midwestern-IL! Thanks to anyone who can help.
Midwestern cdmi is a new school and you might have ups and downs with that but I don't think accreditation should be a worry. cost wise.... If you got into a cheaper school it only makes sense to go to that school. At Midwestern you come out with some serious debt that will be hard to pay off for anyone.
Does anyone have any knowledge about the accreditation of this school? I'm accepted, but I'm worried that they're a new school with only an initial accreditation status.
That, and the cost, are really my only concerns about Midwestern-IL! Thanks to anyone who can help.
Every new dental school only gets initial accreditation in the beginning. You can't become fully accredited until you graduate your first class. The newest dental schools such as Midwestern-AZ (2006), ASDOH (2003), UNLV (2001) all turned out fine so I wouldn't be too worried. Midwestern put out money to build the facilities and support the faculty so they have an investment in it as well. They're not going to abandon the dental school overnight

Obviously, if you've been accepted to a cheaper school then you should consider that before you make a final decision. But NYU, USC, Loma Linda, Penn, Tufts, Western, Pacific, Boston, and ASDOH all have a cost of attendance around 340K or greater. That's about the same range as Midwestern-IL once you take out some of their more excessive calculations. It costs alot to educate a dentist, but I'm sure the majority of the students at those schools will be okay repaying their debt. Just be glad the school's not stuck in the middle of the city where rent would be much more. If you live within your means and don't go crazy with the loan money, it should be fine.
Last edited:
gave up my spot! hope it goes to any of you on the alternate list!!!
Thanks for letting us know.. it gives me hope being on the waiting list. Im guessing you are going to another school? Where you going? and congrats on your acceptances.
Thanks for letting us know.. it gives me hope being on the waiting list. Im guessing you are going to another school? Where you going? and congrats on your acceptances.
thanks so much! be hopeful...i was on 3 wait lists for other schools that are in my area so I know the feeling. I'm going to UMDNJ...it's in state for me so I'm really excited! Although if you go look at UMDNJ thread someone just posted kind of a nasty comment about the school lol. Kind of freaks me out but I try not to pay attention.
thanks so much! be hopeful...i was on 3 wait lists for other schools that are in my area so I know the feeling. I'm going to UMDNJ...it's in state for me so I'm really excited! Although if you go look at UMDNJ thread someone just posted kind of a nasty comment about the school lol. Kind of freaks me out but I try not to pay attention.
Oh someone can say good or bad about any school. I wouldn't worry about it! Good luck to you!
Congratulations! Make sure you join the Facebook group 🙂
Congratulations! Did you do anything to help you since you got on the waitlist?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I was also accepted from the waitlist today and will be accepting the offer. I interviewed in March. Just wanted to give an update that the waitlist does in fact move! Good luck fellow waitlister!

Congratulations! Did you do anything to help you since you got on the waitlist?
I sent a letter of intent, and a letter to update my experience, I was also in weekly contact with Abbey. It seemed to help. I had letter of rec I was about to send as well. I tried to make my name seen and I guess it worked. Show them you want to come. That's really all I did.
I'm still waitlisted too. Are they only going to make offers once a month, bc that's what the pattern seems to be so far.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 62
- Views
- 28K
- Replies
- 54
- Views
- 24K
- Replies
- 65
- Views
- 15K
- Replies
- 21
- Views
- 13K
- Replies
- 353
- Views
- 125K
