****The Official Midwestern - Illinois Class of 2016 Acceptance Thread****

Congrats to everyone ahead of time! Good news from this school would make me faint.

Members don't see this ad :)
wrong thread lol

Last edited:
"Offer Made" notice on aadsas :D

congratulations everyone ...im in too =) yayyyy 3 years of struggling finally paid off =) omgggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg lol sorry i had to get that out =)

Yes you are in!!! It will update today.

Hey im in! Sooo much less pressure for this interview now. :D

Members don't see this ad :)
Maybe its time to make a facebook page for the 2016 class :idea:

I got in! I got a phone call! I haven't gotten an official e-mail though. Have you? Should I email them? I want to know what to do now. (deposit-wise and what not) Thank you.

I got in! I got a phone call! I haven't gotten an official e-mail though. Have you? Should I email them? I want to know what to do now. (deposit-wise and what not) Thank you.

Pretty sure they don't send an official email. It's all in the Midwestern portal. Go to that website where you scheduled your interview date and it should have the info on the deposit, matriculation agreement, etc etc.

Does anyone know when they will be sending January interviews?

Congrats! I'm in, too :)

Congrats!... Hey guys, if you got more than 1 acceptance, can you give up a spot at Midwestern-IL for us waitlisted? We love you :love:!!! No, I'm not kidding.. Pleaseeeeee....

Anyone concerned about cost?

Yup. I've run a bunch of excel spreadsheets looking at cost and it's a little scary. But if you work hard your first couple years out and put everything towards paying it off, it's not impossible. I think it's worth it in the end to have a career. :thumbup:

Also, the cost is going to be around the same as many of the private schools like Tufts, NYU, Boston, USC, Midwestern-AZ, etc so it's not we're the only ones looking at the cost of dental school.

Does anyone know the name of the dean of admissions at MWU-IL?

Thanks.

Yup. I've run a bunch of excel spreadsheets looking at cost and it's a little scary. But if you work hard your first couple years out and put everything towards paying it off, it's not impossible. I think it's worth it in the end to have a career. :thumbup:

Also, the cost is going to be around the same as many of the private schools like Tufts, NYU, Boston, USC, Midwestern-AZ, etc so it's not we're the only ones looking at the cost of dental school.

Very true! Thanks, that makes me feel a bit better :)

Congrats y'all

Last edited:
Hello everyone!

For those of you who are interested, I am a member of the inaugural class and would definitely be willing to answer any questions you may have concerning CDMI.

Congratulations to you and welcome to the family of MWU!

Best wishes to all of you on your journey,

<3JessB

P.S. If you have time, feel free to check out my stu-DENT diary (a D1s perspective) at http://jessburself.tumblr.com

I wanted to know, do students at MWU-IL take their boards after their first year (like how MWU-AZ does)?

Also, how is the student/teacher ratio in clinics 3rd and 4th years?

Thanks!

I'm interviewing at Midwestern-IL next week. Can anyone please provide me with the specifics of the interview process (how many people interview you, types of questions, etc.)? I looked on interview feedback and there are only a few responses. Thank you very much!

I'm interviewing at Midwestern-IL next week. Can anyone please provide me with the specifics of the interview process (how many people interview you, types of questions, etc.)? I looked on interview feedback and there are only a few responses. Thank you very much!

During our interview/tour at MWU-AZ, the dean told us at IL they do it "Canadian" style, where they post a question on a wall/door, you read it and then you think about how to answer it, then during the interview you just discuss this one question. (I think it was just one... could be remembering wrong).

Last edited:
I wanted to know, do students at MWU-IL take their boards after their first year (like how MWU-AZ does)?

Also, how is the student/teacher ratio in clinics 3rd and 4th years?

Thanks!
Hello all! The interview style at Midwestern University CDMI is very unique:
*8 rooms
*8 questions
*2 minute reading + 8 minute answering=10 minutes/room

Some traditional questions, many critical thinking questions.
Just be yourself and you will be fine.

As far as boards are concerned, we (the inaugural class of 2015) are scheduled to take them sometime in the late spring of 2013 before the start of 3rd year (Summer 2013). The student:faculty ratio right now in pre-clinical sim laboratory is 6:1 <---one of the best in the country! :)

Hope this helps!

For future or more Q&A, please visit my blog at http://jessburself.tumblr.com and click the "ASK" button on the right.

...and while you're there, feel free to check it out. There is ALOT of information on the happenings at CDMI!

Hope to hear from you, soon!

For those of you accepted for the upcoming year, how long after your interview were you notified?

hey everyone!! im a D1 @ CDMI and wanted to say hi and congrats to all of you that get acceptances. We take our boards after the 2nd year and the student to faculty ratio is amazing........if u have any questions i would be glad to help you all. One of my classmates says she may be creating a 2016 fb page for all of you....cant wait to meet u all!

I'm wondering the same thing as ktipkang...how long does it usually take for them to give a decision? Anyone else interview in January and waiting to hear back? It's driving me insane lol

I interviewed in January, no newz yet :lame:

Check your Midwestern Applicant Portal. I haven't received an email or call yet, but the matriculation agreement and deposit information popped up today! I also interviewed in January. :D

Check your Midwestern Applicant Portal. I haven't received an email or call yet, but the matriculation agreement and deposit information popped up today! I also interviewed in January. :D

^ Yes! I actually just checked the portal and saw the same thing!

My portal says the same!!!!!!!!!!!!! MWU HERE I COME! :)

Did anyone that interviewed on Jan 12 hear anything yet?

I'm in! E-Mail at 9:05AM EST. I interviewed 1/12

This is my only acceptance so far so I will most likely be attending! See you all in a few months!

Got an email this morning from Abbey! Interviewed Jan 10. I will be attending unless I hear back from UIC.
And my portal changed yesterday. Congrats all!

Just got the acceptance e-mail too! This is the best day of my life.
I'll definitely be attending MWU! :D

YESSSSSS!!!! I got in too! Interviewed on 1/17 First acceptance I'm so excited!!

Congrats!! I also received my first acceptance email this morning! :)