-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
*** The Official Nova Class of 2021 Interview/Acceptance Thread ***
Started by sharkteethdentist
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Rejection from Nova via AADSAS
I am sorry but you win some and loose some. I am sure you will get in somwhere. When did you interview there?Rejection from Nova via AADSAS
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Waitlisted
Is Nova one of your top choices?
Btw congrats on your SIU acceptance!
Thank you! And no it's not. Primarily bc of the cost and how far away it is from where I live. I live a little over an hour from siu and I live almost 22 hours from nova.Is Nova one of your top choices?
Btw congrats on your SIU acceptance!
OOS and giving up my seat-- hope one of you get it!!
Rejection from Nova via AADSAS
with or without interview?
SameRejection from Nova via AADSAS
We both interviewedwith or without interview?
Looks like they made an official Facebook page for students.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/226998807737950/
https://www.facebook.com/groups/226998807737950/
For accepted applicants - will they be sending the admissions package via mail? Dec 1 is a blur.
We both interviewed
Thanks for letting me know! And congratulations to you on your University of Detroit Mercy acceptance 🙂
Thanks!!Thanks for letting me know! And congratulations to you on your University of Detroit Mercy acceptance 🙂
Does anyone happen to know how long the wait list is? Or how many applicants typically get off of it and get an actual acceptance?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Got my acceptance today 🙂
Congrats! You received a call or email?Got my acceptance today 🙂
An email with a scan of my acceptance letterCongrats! You received a call or email?
An email with a scan of my acceptance letter
so you didn't hear back at all on 12/1, but you heard back today? congrats! 🙂 were you initially waitlisted?
I interviewed on December 2nd. However I can assure you not to worry if you were waitlisted and are awaiting a response. It was announced (on my interview day) that acceptances for Post december / Waitlist interviews would come in on Janurary 1-4, whenever Dr. Lippman returns from his well needed vacation 😉so you didn't hear back at all on 12/1, but you heard back today? congrats! 🙂 were you initially waitlisted?
I interviewed on December 2nd. However I can assure you not to worry if you were waitlisted and are awaiting a response. It was announced (on my interview day) that acceptances for Post december / Waitlist interviews would come in on Janurary 1-4, whenever Dr. Lippman returns from his well needed vacation 😉
thank you for letting me know, that takes a little bit of the worry off my mind! 🙂
Thanks!! Just did 🙂 I cant seem to find this anywhere, but is there someone I should contact regarding any issues?I got the acceptance letter in the mail, but it basically just tells you to login to Webstar to see your prereqs, so try that for now @sixkid 🙂
anyone knows how many spots are left ??? just check the acceptance facebook and see only 9 members
Anyone know where I can find how much tuition and rent is for the 4 years?
Anyone know where I can find how much tuition and rent is for the 4 years?
Rent depends on where you live but I added up a total of about $447,000 including everything except interest. Living in a townhouse for $1,650 a month
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
I
ivysaur
Little ole me is a little late to the game, but any further advice on interviewing? Why Nova?
I have an interview in a couple days. I read the previous posts about the relaxed interviews and how they see if you'd fit into the environment. I want to do well on my interview because I'm pretty serious on attending here. It's a place I see myself in the future, and mom and pop are most likely moving there in a couple years (reminds them of our motherland lol).
I have an interview in a couple days. I read the previous posts about the relaxed interviews and how they see if you'd fit into the environment. I want to do well on my interview because I'm pretty serious on attending here. It's a place I see myself in the future, and mom and pop are most likely moving there in a couple years (reminds them of our motherland lol).
Anyone???Does anyone happen to know how long the wait list is? Or how many applicants typically get off of it and get an actual acceptance?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm assuming the townhouse is on the higher end of rent?Rent depends on where you live but I added up a total of about $447,000 including everything except interest. Living in a townhouse for $1,650 a month
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Hey! I'm from Toronto as well and I hadn't received the letter. I called Su Ann Zarrett (You can easily look up her info). She said Toronto might take a while and she scanned my letter and sent it by emailThanks!! Just did 🙂 I cant seem to find this anywhere, but is there someone I should contact regarding any issues?
Do you mind sharing the breakdown for the tuition?Rent depends on where you live but I added up a total of about $447,000 including everything except interest. Living in a townhouse for $1,650 a month
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Does anyone know if Nova offers scholarships based on academic merit?
Do you mind sharing the breakdown for the tuition?
This is all four years,
HPD access fee: $560
Student services: $4,200
Equipment: $42,900
Tuition: $273,400
No book all PDF/PowerPoint
Total: $321,060
Living: ~$120,000
Total: $440,000
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Is equipment and books being 43k an overstatement, or are we really going to be spending 12-18k per year on instruments? This is the most ive ever seen for any school I have applied to so far. For what it's worth, I can count the number of books I have rented from Nova (I go to undergrad) and actually needed for class on one handThis is all four years,
HPD access fee: $560
Student services: $4,200
Equipment: $42,900
Tuition: $273,400
No book all PDF/PowerPoint
Total: $321,060
Living: ~$120,000
Total: $440,000
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Is equipment and books being 43k an overstatement, or are we really going to be spending 12-18k per year on instruments? This is the most ive ever seen for any school I have applied to so far. For what it's worth, I can count the number of books I have rented from Nova (I go to undergrad) and actually needed for class on one hand
In the booklet they gave us it's like.. 15k the first year 12k the second then 9k and 6k I don't have it in front of my
also the students giving us the tour says that all the textbooks are on pdf
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Should I even both taking my january 11th interview? Do they do rolling admissions? I might save the money.
If you want to attend the school then I would go to the interview.Should I even both taking my january 11th interview? Do they do rolling admissions? I might save the money.
u can select later date in jan for an interview and meanwhile wait for acceptance from other schools in mid january.Should I even both taking my january 11th interview? Do they do rolling admissions? I might save the money.
For the ones who are accepted, did you receive an email about doing a background check through adea facilitated website? Do you know if it is required for Nova? Because Nova isn't listed under the schools that participate in it so just wanted to make sure. Thanks!
For the ones who are accepted, did you receive an email about doing a background check through adea facilitated website? Do you know if it is required for Nova? Because Nova isn't listed under the schools that participate in it so just wanted to make sure. Thanks!
Have you called the school about this? As far as I know this was not one of the listed requirements to-dos besides sending in the official transcripts and paying the deposits
Hey guys I'm new here. Been reading through the thread and wanted to join and say I'm one of those people who got an interview for January 4th. I thought I read somewhere that there's only 9 spots left in the class? Correct a brother if I'm wrong on that. Any pointers or things to note before the interview? Thanks in advance for any guidance!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
https://www.facebook.com/groups/226998807737950/Hey guys I'm new here. Been reading through the thread and wanted to join and say I'm one of those people who got an interview for January 4th. I thought I read somewhere that there's only 9 spots left in the class? Correct a brother if I'm wrong on that. Any pointers or things to note before the interview? Thanks in advance for any guidance!
Well nobody knows yet because it's not like everyone who gets accepted will go to nova.Hey guys I'm new here. Been reading through the thread and wanted to join and say I'm one of those people who got an interview for January 4th. I thought I read somewhere that there's only 9 spots left in the class? Correct a brother if I'm wrong on that. Any pointers or things to note before the interview? Thanks in advance for any guidance!
Gotcha I visited the page, looks like you have to be accepted to see that though, sent the join anyway.
Well nobody knows yet because it's not like everyone who gets accepted will go to nova.
Very true, just trying to verify what I read from someone's post.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 27
- Views
- 10K
- Replies
- 65
- Views
- 20K