***The Official UNE Dental Class of 2024 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

How was your interview? I just received my invitation today, and it will be my very first interview.
Sorry I meant to put 9/12. It is this Thursday! I will let you know after my interview though.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Same for me, I just got an interview today! Has anyone else had their interview yet? What is the vibe like, what was the interview environment like?
I have mine soon. I'll PM you some feedback when it's completed.

For those who submitted the supplemental application, how long did it take to received an interview invite??

I received an interview invite today, my application went into review August 5th. Any tips for the MMIs? Thank you guys

I just got back from the interview. It was set up MMI style with 6 interview rooms. It sounds nerve wracking, but it honestly wasn't that bad. Everyone there was really nice and welcoming and it's a nice school.

Reactions: 5 users
I just got back from the interview. It was set up MMI style with 6 interview rooms. It sounds nerve wracking, but it honestly wasn't that bad. Everyone there was really nice and welcoming and it's a nice school.
Any advice for preparing for the interview? Mine is on Thursday.

Was each station a different scenario? Is there any portion of the day that is like your tradition open file interview?

If anyone else is interviewing on Thursday and will be in Portland tomorrow, let me know if you are interested in meeting up, checking out the city, and getting a meal/drink!

If anyone else is interviewing on Thursday and will be in Portland tomorrow, let me know if you are interested in meeting up, checking out the city, and getting a meal/drink!
Mine is on Thursday as well! PM me :)

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
is getting an email for the supplemental fee pretty much a guarantee for an interview later on? Or how does that work?

Nope, I submitted my supplemental on the 21st of June and no interview.

is getting an email for the supplemental fee pretty much a guarantee for an interview later on? Or how does that work?
Their website says it's only sent to "highly qualified applicants". This is the first year I have received their supplemental and its my third application cycle! However, I do not believe it means a guaranteed interview.

Got an interview invitation this afternoon!

Interview #2
School: UNE
Notification date: 9/24/2019
Method of notification: Email
Residency: Tennessee
AADSAS mail-out date: 9/8/2019, everything submitted and verified in June but retook DAT in August.
App Received Email: 9/9
App Processed Email with processing fee request: 9/10
App complete and ready to be reviewed email: 9/16
Interview Invitation: 9/24
Submitted fee: 9/12
GPA (overall, science): 3.59, 3.42
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 19/20/19/21/QR 16
Your interview date: 10/10/2019

Reactions: 2 users
ill be in Portland for my interview this Wednesday and Thursday if anyone wants to meet up and get some dinner and chat message me!

Hi
I still haven't heard from UNE yet.
Application complete:9/9
Supplemental paid 9/15
AADSAS status says application complete.
does anyone know if they update AADSAS or how long do they take to get back to me?

Hi
I still haven't heard from UNE yet.
Application complete:9/9
Supplemental paid 9/15
AADSAS status says application complete.
does anyone know if they update AADSAS or how long do they take to get back to me?
No one really knows. It could be very soon, or it could take multiple months. Some people on here here back within 2 weeks of applying, others, like me, applied at the end of June, and haven't heard back from UNE yet; aside from the completion email. So, it really depends. As is the common advise here, be patient.

Reactions: 2 users
I have my interview tomorrow, first time doing MMI style, anyone who has interviewed here already have any tips or advice? Thank you

Does anybody know what the AADSAS status order is? I think mine went from under review and now it says complete, but still haven’t heard anything :/

Hey guys! I am a dental student at UNE right now, if you have any questions I would be happy to help! :)

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
Hey guys! I am a D1 at UNE right now, if you have any questions I would be happy to help! :)

How long do they take to let us know if we are invited for an interview or rejected? my application was complete 5 weeks ago and still didn't hear anything yet. Thank you! 19 AA, 21TS, 3.55 sGPA , 3.5 cGPA

Just received an interview! Anyone interviewing on the 31st??

Sent from my iPhone using SDN

If you or anyone else wants to share a hotel please let me know!!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN
I actually live about an hour and a half away so will be commuting the day of! I look forward to meeting you there though!

Who else is interviewing this upcoming Thursday morning?

How long do they take to let us know if we are invited for an interview or rejected? my application was complete 5 weeks ago and still didn't hear anything yet. Thank you! 19 AA, 21TS, 3.55 sGPA , 3.5 cGPA
I think you definitely have a good chance! I didn't hear back till November and I had similar stats, and submitted in August. I know the waiting is super frustrating but hopefully you will hear back soon!

I have my interview tomorrow, first time doing MMI style, anyone who has interviewed here already have any tips or advice? Thank you
How was it? I've never done MMI either.

How was it? I've never done MMI either.
It was great! It's like an hour long process and time really flies. I suggest looking up MMI videos on youtube and just get a feel for what the style of answering those questions is like and you will do great. Nothing to worry about :) Best of luck on interviews guys!!

Is physics 1 & 2 a required prerequisite? I was looking on the UNE website and it does not seem like it is.
If I remember correctly, I don't believe it is. I think biochem is a requirement though!