****The Official University of Colorado Class of 2023 Interview/Acceptance Thread****

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone have an idea what time they will start calling?

Not entirely sure. I’ve had my phone in hand since midnight. According to last year’s thread it was said that they start around 8. The first IS acceptance post states 830 and the first EST acceptance post states 1230.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Do they send out emails saying you are still be considered if you don't receive an acceptance phone call today?

Do they send out emails saying you are still be considered if you don't receive an acceptance phone call today?

I received an email a few days ago and there was no mention of sending out emails but it did say “If you do not hear from us on selection day, that does not mean that we will not be calling you later in the week or in the weeks that follow.”

Members don't see this ad :)
So nervous about this one! Anyone else hoping to get in here because it is their top choice?

Reactions: 4 users
Oh yeah, they said they weren't going to fill the class on the 3rd. Probably only accepting a few dozen applicants today

Anyone hear anything? Have they started phone calls yet?

My fiancé got the phone call from them then they called me right after! They offered both of us the chancellors scholarship too which shaves 40k off tuition each!!

Reactions: 4 users
My fiancé got the phone call from them then they called me right after! They offered both of us the chancellors scholarship too which shaves 40k off tuition each!!

Congrats to both of you! When did you guys receive the call? Are you IS/OOS?

did your status on your adea aadsas application change?

congrats everyone! has anyone from EST zone received a call yet?

Members don't see this ad :)
Got a call from CU around 10:45am MST and portal now says "offer made"

Congrats!! When did you interview?

Congrats you two! I remember interviewing with you guys. Glad you both got in!!

Reactions: 1 user
Will calls be made all day or is it safe to assume they have completed the initial offers?

from their email
"We will be offering seats on a rolling basis, which means that we will be contacting applicants throughout the month of December. We will be making phones call to extend offers on December 3rd, but we will not be selecting our entire class next Monday. If you do not hear from us on selection day, that does not mean that we will not be calling you later in the week or in the weeks that follow."

They make calls throughout the entire day. Sometimes even the next day (rare to be the next day, but it happens).

Crystal missed her flight. She's calling from her personal phone number so there could be a delay for many to tomorrow

Bump! is no one here who's received an acceptance already from EST zone?

Who gave you that info?

Crystal herself lol

Edit:
Just for clarification she just told me she missed her flight. She didn't say anything would be delayed, just my assumption

Bump! is no one here who's received an acceptance already from EST zone?
I am from EST (michigan) and havent heard anything yet, I got interview invite mid july and interviewed on august 18th. really hoping to hear back from them!!! I saw on last years thread they sent people a still under consideration emails on december 1st but dont think they are this year since they sent out that one email last week.

Crystal herself lol

Edit:
Just for clarification she just told me she missed her flight. She didn't say anything would be delayed, just my assumption
Is crystal the only one who makes the phone calls?

got an acceptance call around 3pm today! EST

Reactions: 1 users
Hi all, I am a D3 at Colorado - congratulations on your acceptances, I'm sure they will be the first of many.
Happy to do an AMA about University of Colorado, but I see that @cooliyak has already answered many questions - funny enough @cooliyak was actually my mentor when I was applying to dental school and in your very same shoes.
Feel free to ask away!

Really really wish to hear from Colorado today:dead::scared:

Hi all, I am a D3 at Colorado - congratulations on your acceptances, I'm sure they will be the first of many.
Happy to do an AMA about University of Colorado, but I see that @cooliyak has already answered many questions - funny enough @cooliyak was actually my mentor when I was applying to dental school and in your very same shoes.
Feel free to ask away!

1. How would you describe the overall student body vibe? At my interview, they mentioned their class isn't close at all whereas the others are.
2. Do you have/need a car to get around? Seems like everything is spaced out
3. What ultimately made you choose Colorado over your others choices if you had any?

1. How would you describe the overall student body vibe? At my interview, they mentioned their class isn't close at all whereas the others are.
2. Do you have/need a car to get around? Seems like everything is spaced out
3. What ultimately made you choose Colorado over your others choices if you had any?

1. I disagree, I think my class (DS3) is pretty tight. Totally depends on your class and your own efforts to get to know one another. I don't know your background but dental school will be the best opportunity of your life to engage with people whose backgrounds differ from yours - I went to dental school straight outta undergrad and found it fantastic to engage and get to know my colleagues who had children, were looking to dentistry as a second (or third career), etc. There are definitely opportunities to get to know upperclassmen and as with every place, community is what you make of it. We have dental fraternities and organizations like ASDA and ADEA to get involved with as well - I went to Disneyland with ASDA last year and we had a great time.

2. I used to live in the apartment complex behind the school, 21 Fitz (it's $$$ but location can't be beat) during my first year. I'd say you need a car. Colorado (I'm assuming your OOS) is pretty spread out and the neighborhood surrounding the school isn't the most hopping with breweries and such for young people. Anything worth going to (Stanley Marketplace, LoDo, RiNo, etc.) you need to drive or take the light rail to. I take the light rail to school from downtown Denver most days and it's an easy commute.

3. I had a few other choices of schools on December 1, but Colorado was my first interview. I loved the faculty and the way they interacted with dental students - they were warm, kind, and joked around. I really hit it off with my interview group and luckily enough, all of them (I think 9 of us?) ended up being in the same class together. Also love Colorado because it's relatively cheap to live in still (compared to NYC, San Francisco, Los Angeles, etc., you can argue with me on that) and it's has a growing scene of young millennials.
What really sold me on Colorado is the ACTs program, an opportunity during fourth year where you spend 3 weeks at the dental school, then 3 weeks at a community health clinic anywhere in Colorado (they provide housing). It's a rotation so you're constantly on the move and learning dentistry from different preceptors and absorbing real-life techniques that don't allow for three hour appointment slots like at the dental school (and most other dental schools). ACTs will provide you with a chance to experience real dentistry while still being under the comfort and protection of the dental school. I'm sure fourth years might be able to chime in on the benefit of ACTs, but Colorado graduates really competent general dentists that are ready to take on a lot should they elect to practice right away.

Reactions: 2 users
Does anyone know how often they are going to make calls from here on out?

Reactions: 2 users
@yargneelloc thank you!

1. Yeah the ACTs really impressed me! I think cooliyak mentioned they had around 12 weeks. Is that still true today or is it just the 6 weeks you mentioned?

2.Something I'm also considering is if the curriculum is P/F or graded. What's the current grading system?

3. Since you do need a car, how much of an expense per year do you allocate? I don't think the school factors this in.

Last edited:
@yargneelloc thank you!

1. Yeah the ACTs really impressed me! I think cooliyak mentioned they had around 12 weeks. Is that still true today or is it just the 6 weeks you mentioned?

2.Something I'm also considering is if the curriculum is P/F or graded. What's the current grading system?

3. Since you do need a car, how much of an expense per year do you allocate? I don't think the school factors this in.

1. It’s way more than just 6 weeks total. As a third year, I start ACTs next May 2019, which is way earlier than when other classes before me have started. I don’t know exactly how many ACTs rotations I’ll get but based on what I understand, you’re on a different rotation every three weeks-month for an entire calendar year (May-May). There’s plenty of opportunity for experience.

2. Current grading system is graded. Curriculum change just passed in which a 75% is now required to pass. Didactic and lecture courses will be graded, while all labs will be P/F. Consider this if you’re specializing: specialty programs still prefer to see grades and class rank to differentiate applicants. The ADAT isn’t widely used by most programs yet but that may change for your year. Also, consider the curriculum changes at all dental schools you were accepted at. Your year, class of 2023 is the first class in which all matriculated dental students will take the comprehensive national board instead of the two part exam.

3. I’m sorry, I don’t really know how to answer that question, my car was paid off before beginning dental school.

3. I’m sorry, I don’t really know how to answer that question, my car was paid off before beginning dental school.

I think she's asking if you spend a lot of money on gas since you commute

Honestly at this point I just wish we’d get an email saying something about our status... last year they sent out emails yeah?

Honestly at this point I just wish we’d get an email saying something about our status... last year they sent out emails yeah?
Me too!
Still anxious to hear from them

Has anyone heard anything yesterday or today?

I think she's asking if you spend a lot of money on gas since you commute

Not more than I’d spend on Uber/Lyft and a Metrocard in NYC. But yes, gas, maintenance, car insurance aren’t cheap. If you’re into snow sports it’s pretty easy to carpool and ski with your classmates. I have a classmate (and a professor) who lives in Colorado Springs and commutes 1.5 hours one way, so extensive drive times are not unheard of for students here. I hope that helps with your question.

Status
Not open for further replies.