**** The Official University of Detroit Mercy Dental Class of 2024 Interview/Acceptance Thread ****

We should hear after feb 14

Members don't see this ad.

I will be declining my seat am UDM, I hope it goes to one of you guys still waiting to hear back :)

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Just got an acceptance call this afternoon! IS, will be accepting my offer as Mercy is my top choice. Remain hopeful you guys, I was planning on going out of state for school until today. Theres still a chance! Good luck everyone and feel free to message me if you have any questions.

Reactions: 1 user
Just got an acceptance call this afternoon! IS, will be accepting my offer as Mercy is my top choice. Remain hopeful you guys, I was planning on going out of state for school until today. Theres still a chance! Good luck everyone and feel free to message me if you have any questions.
Hey can you send me a private message? It won't let me do that from my end.

We’re you waitlisted?

Congrats! Which school did you commit to before getting the call from UDM, if you dont mind me asking?

Can u message me? I noticed you’re a reapplicant and wanted to ask about what you did to improve.

What schools were you accepted to

anyone else (that was wait listed) getting acceptance calls? I don't have facebook so I'm not sure if anyone is posting at that dental admissions bootcamp facebook page.

Members don't see this ad :)
anyone else (that was wait listed) getting acceptance calls? I don't have facebook so I'm not sure if anyone is posting at that dental admissions bootcamp facebook page.
Possibly sending some out tomorrow or next week. I think the next biggest set will go out next week though since the second deposit is due and then in March

Possibly sending some out tomorrow or next week. I think the next biggest set will go out next week though since the second deposit is due and then in March
second deposit is due feb 14. last depost is due in april.

I feel like I’m constantly on my phone refreshing and checking my voicemails I feel like a lunatic lol. I wish this page was a lot more active

Does anyone know if anybody is posting on the Facebook group page? I don’t have Facebook so I wish I could check LOL

I feel like I’m constantly on my phone refreshing and checking my voicemails I feel like a lunatic lol. I wish this page was a lot more active

Does anyone know if anybody is posting on the Facebook group page? I don’t have Facebook so I wish I could check LOL

I have one. No one has really said anything about UDM. ALOT of people have mentioned they were choosing between UDM and another school. A majority of them declined their seats. Mercy sent out emails asking for people who want off the list to let them know. Second time they've done that.

I have one. No one has really said anything about UDM. ALOT of people have mentioned they were choosing between UDM and another school. A majority of them declined their seats. Mercy sent out emails asking for people who want off the list to let them know. Second time they've done that.
They do that periodically. It's most likely because they have encountered a number of people who they tried to accept off the wait list tell them on the spot that they didn't want it. It then wastes their time since they then have to go back to the committee to ask them to decide who to take next.

When did they send out the second email?

When did they send out the second email?
This was today at 4:13 p.m eastern. They’ve already accepted more students on February 13 off the waitlist.

Does anyone else feel like this years waitlist movement is a lot slower compared to last year? Not just this school, but other schools as well. I’m a reapplicant and felt last years thread go by a lot faster.

This was today at 4:13 p.m eastern. They’ve already accepted more students on February 13 off the waitlist.

Does anyone else feel like this years waitlist movement is a lot slower compared to last year? Not just this school, but other schools as well. I’m a reapplicant and felt last years thread go by a lot faster.

some schools are still giving out interviews. So I’m just crossing my fingers at this point

According to last years thread, people got accepted off the waitlist well into May. It's still early in the game!

Looks like a lot of IS get in around March-May because they know they will take the seats. The more OOS they accept sooner, the more deposits the school can claim with having the OOS withdraw their seat while getting in elsewhere. It’s all a business and that’s the most logical way to think about it.

That’s pretty odd that you didn’t get the email. Did you withdraw your app?
Ya I'm wondering the same, he/she should definitely call the school or check their status on AADSAS

Did anyone receive an acceptance call from the school?

Isnt there some group though that everyone that gets accepted gets added onto? I remember hearing that

Isnt there some group though that everyone that gets accepted gets added onto? I remember hearing that
The facebook groups. The problem with those is they include people that have dropped their seats as well as current dental students so they aren't accurately representative of how many seats are left.

For example, the current class of 2024 has 124 members. The class of 2023 has 210. You have to keep in mind that people who have been accepted have also potentially not joined the group. Overall, it's not the best indicator for how many seats are filled.

For example, the current class of 2024 has 124 members. The class of 2023 has 210. You have to keep in mind that people who have been accepted have also potentially not joined the group. Overall, it's not the best indicator for how many seats are filled.
Actually they remove you from the group if you decline your seat or at least that’s what happened to me. I paid the first deposit and was added to the official Facebook group, after I declined my seat because I decided to go with another school I was removed from the group.

Actually they remove you from the group if you decline your seat or at least that’s what happened to me. I paid the first deposit and was added to the official Facebook group, after I declined my seat because I decided to go with another school I was removed from the group.
How do they know you’ve declined your seat unless you specifically state it in the group chat?

Has the waitlist hardly moved this year or is it just nobody has been posting on here?

Has the waitlist hardly moved this year or is it just nobody has been posting on here?
I think there are going to be many seats opening up in March as schools will know who has multiple seats. That might be why there isn’t much movement just yet.