**** The Official University of Detroit Mercy Dental Class of 2024 Interview/Acceptance Thread ****

Actually they remove you from the group if you decline your seat or at least that’s what happened to me. I paid the first deposit and was added to the official Facebook group, after I declined my seat because I decided to go with another school I was removed from the group.
what school have you decided to attend?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
If you still on the waitlist at detroit mercy university please like this post. Thank you

Reactions: 22 users
I’m in state, 3.72 overall, 3.74 science, DAT is 22 AA 21 TS 22 GC 21 OC 20 BIO 25 RC 24 QR 19 PAT

Anyone know if udm making calls lol this waitlist is taking forever. I feel like last years moved much faster

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone know if udm making calls lol this waitlist is taking forever. I feel like last years moved much faster
I wonder if people aren't reporting it or if their just making calls one at a time this year

I wonder if people aren't reporting it or if their just making calls one at a time this year
I feel like they’re waiting til after march 5th but idk. Last year and previous year’s threads there were multiple people posting abiut getting off the waitlist in january and february and this year we’ve collectively had like 4 lol

I feel like they’re waiting til after march 5th but idk. Last year and previous year’s threads there were multiple people posting abiut getting off the waitlist in january and february and this year we’ve collectively had like 4 lol
SDN is not representative of the application population.

So do you think they’ve gone through the waitlist day by day or they have specific dates that they contact multiple people on the waitlist?
I think it’s both. They have 3 deadlines for deposits. After those they probably send out acceptances in batches. Otherwise, people do get called randomly from UDM from what I’ve seen.

I think it’s both. They have 3 deadlines for deposits. After those they probably send out acceptances in batches. Otherwise, people do get called randomly from UDM from what I’ve seen.
Oh ok because there’s hardly been posts after the deposit deadlines, especially compared to previous years. But like you said, SDN isnt 100% accurate. Still, it’s just a little weird.

Oh ok because there’s hardly been posts after the deposit deadlines, especially compared to previous years. But like you said, SDN isnt 100% accurate. Still, it’s just a little weird.
I know but regardless of whether or not people are posting, when your time comes you'll know because they'll call you. The best advice I have is to keep busy and distract yourself. If you have an acceptance then that's great. If not, I would start to work on improving lagging aspects of your application before the next application cycle starts (only 3 months away). Now is the best time to do that. Sitting and worrying while checking SDN and seeing others get acceptances will only add unnecessary stress.

Also, there should be more acceptances coming in the next few months considering people with multiple seats will have up to mid-late March to choose only one seat.

I think a lot IS seats will open up in the next couple months (just because they know IS applicants will guarantee the seats). For OOS, I’m not sure (based off previous year threads).

Udm sent an email today regarding wait list status! So nerve wrecking lol

Reactions: 4 users
For students who got accepted when is the due date to choose only 1 university? I know it is around march15-20 but does anyone know what is the exact date?

For students who got accepted when is the due date to choose only 1 university? I know it is around march15-20 but does anyone know what is the exact date?
I know every school is different giving students a minimum of 2 weeks to choose, so UDM will range from 2 weeks or more, but an exact date would be nice.

You have two weeks from when you get accepted to the first deposit being due

Yes, but if the student put deposits on more than 1 school on march they have a due date to choose 1 of the schools, what is the due date?

Anyone heard back or know of anyone hearing back recently in the last week or so?

The Facebook group has 138 members...so I guess we just have to hope that a lot of those people are holding spots at multiple schools and will eventually drop out. Otherwise, the class looks pretty full :/

The Facebook group has 138 members...so I guess we just have to hope that a lot of those people are holding spots at multiple schools and will eventually drop out. Otherwise, the class looks pretty full :/

A good amount of these people are current students. Not very accurate

in that case, any idea on how many seats might be open?
I would say 10-20% are current students. Still I know people who are attending, but are not in the Facebook group. It’s really hard to decipher.

Does anyone else think the coronavirus pandemic is going to slow down things? I think so bc some schools are debating on cancelling classes and administering things online, etc

I don’t know just throwing it out there

Does anyone else think the coronavirus pandemic is going to slow down things? I think so bc some schools are debating on cancelling classes and administering things online, etc

I don’t know just throwing it out there
I don’t think so, the admissions office is still open and I’m pretty sure they’re still gonna give out calls

Way better than me, 3.55 cGPA and 19 AA. That’s odd, they received my supplemental late too and I just got the interview. I’m a Michigan resident though and attend their undergrad
where did u interviewed?

Anyone hearing back or know of anyone hearing back despite everything happening in the world?

Anyone hearing back or know of anyone hearing back despite everything happening in the world?
I haven’t heard back... I’m wondering if it’s slow because of the pandemic or because the waitlist isn’t moving this year?

I would say 10-20% are current students. Still I know people who are attending, but are not in the Facebook group. It’s really hard to decipher.
Also there will be people who have dropped their seat that have not removed themselves from the group yet.

I haven’t heard back... I’m wondering if it’s slow because of the pandemic or because the waitlist isn’t moving this year?
I have no idea lol but I’m stressing. I wish more ppl talked on here

We still have time so don’t lose hope!