***The Official UPenn Class of 2021 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Just got my interview invitation this morning. OOS, California. Received the application complete email on 7/26. Very excited!

Members don't see this ad :)
Guys, what were the available interview dates?

Still no interview :)

Called and my application "is still under review" aka I should go die in a hole.

I would be okay dying in a hole.

Wake me up when they get to August completion dates....

Reactions: 1 user
Hey guys
I have submitted my AADSAS on June 22nd and my supplemental on July 19th but I still haven't heard from them:( When is their first batch of interviews start? Is that still too early??

Hey everyone! Current D3 here! I figured I could help put some rumors to rest!

1) Interviews are almost ALWAYS scheduled for Thursdays and Fridays. (There are forms in the packet that you need to submit for the interview.)
2) They are currently booked up for October (however there have been instances where if you are local they might offer you a closer interview date if someone had to switch their dates)
3) Your chances of acceptance after an interview are generally high but not a guarantee. Penn takes your application very seriously - that's also why they may take some time to go through your application before offering an interview, so don't panic!!!
4) I would not rely on your AADSAS status or a certain day of the week for when they make interview offers.

If you have any other questions, we can definitely try to answer them!
For anyone interviewing tomorrow, good luck!

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Looked at my AADSAS decision dates and 09/08 went from complete to under review. :oops: (App complete 7/25)

Hey everyone! Current D3 here! I figured I could help put some rumors to rest!

1) Interviews are almost ALWAYS scheduled for Thursdays and Fridays. (There are forms in the packet that you need to submit for the interview.)
2) They are currently booked up for October (however there have been instances where if you are local they might offer you a closer interview date if someone had to switch their dates)
3) Your chances of acceptance after an interview are generally high but not a guarantee. Penn takes your application very seriously - that's also why they may take some time to go through your application before offering an interview, so don't panic!!!
4) I would not rely on your AADSAS status or a certain day of the week for when they make interview offers.

If you have any other questions, we can definitely try to answer them!
For anyone interviewing tomorrow, good luck!
My interview is coming up and I'm panicking - when you say acceptances are generally high after interview, what percentage do you think?

Interview #2

School: UPenn
Notification date: 9/14
Method of notification: email
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/1/2016 (application), 8/5/2016 (DAT scores)
Application complete date: 7/29/2016
GPA(science, overall): 3.67, 3.57
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/reading/any section below 17): 19/19/20/20/none

My application was mailed out first batch (6/24) and my supplemental was submitted about a week later. I just noticed that my status changed from "app complete" to "under review" on Sept 13! Thought my chances for Penn were over but maybe now there is still hope

My application was mailed out first batch (6/24) and my supplemental was submitted about a week later. I just noticed that my status changed from "app complete" to "under review" on Sept 13! Thought my chances for Penn were over but maybe now there is still hope
haha wow so it looks like they haven't even gotten to our apps yet. My app was mailed out August 5, so there is still hope! yes! ;)

how long did it take for the interview packet to come in after getting the interview invite

Does anyone know where the best place to park for the interview is?

I'm interviewing on November 4th!! I'd love to share the room I booked with anyone who's interested. I'm booked
for the nights of the 3rd and 4th at the Hilton in the Old City area. With taxes and everything, I paid $138/night,
so we would split that cost. Let me know if you're interested in either or both nights!

I have not heard back from UoP... My application got completed on 9/6.

Should I contact them? Or is that a bad idea?

This is my dream school!

I have not heard back from UoP... My application got completed on 9/6.

Should I contact them? Or is that a bad idea?

This is my dream school!

Still too early, I think. Penn reviews apps on a rolling basis and they seem to still be working on August apps.

Hi! If it helps, I received an interview invite today. My mail out date was 7/1 and my application complete date was 8/11. I'm ecstatic!!

Hi! If it helps, I received an interview invite today. My mail out date was 7/1 and my application complete date was 8/11. I'm ecstatic!!

I also got an interview invite earlier today!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 users
Interview #2

:)

Last edited:
Interview #2

Congrats! Did you have research experience?

Have you heard anything since this?

App completion date is 08/18 but still Received/Application Complete status on AADSAS, is that weird? It's been more than 1 month! Made me so panic:nailbiting:

App completion date is 08/18 but still Received/Application Complete status on AADSAS, is that weird? It's been more than 1 month! Made me so panic:nailbiting:

Lol you're panicked? My application complete date is in July.

Exact same completion date D: keep on waiting I guess

Last edited:
same, I'm 8/35 app complete. should we expect to change to Received/Under Review at some point? or does not every applicant get that?

They put my application under review on Oct 04. They emailed me telling me they are very behind on things.

Reactions: 1 users
same, I'm 8/35 app complete. should we expect to change to Received/Under Review at some point? or does not every applicant get that?

Several people got interviews without changing to under review. :) no real way to understand the way their updates work, unfortunately.

Did anyone stay at the Sonesta Philadelphia or Sheraton Philadelphia University City Hotel (both of which were included in the interview packet)? If so, do you recommend these places? I am staying an extra night and looking for a place that is safe and near restaurants, shops, etc.

Did anyone stay at the Sonesta Philadelphia or Sheraton Philadelphia University City Hotel (both of which were included in the interview packet)? If so, do you recommend these places? I am staying an extra night and looking for a place that is safe and near restaurants, shops, etc.
Sonesta isn't near the school so you'd need to Uber or something. But both are fine. Sonesta is in a more "fun area".