***The Official UPenn Class of 2021 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

same, I'm 8/35 app complete. should we expect to change to Received/Under Review at some point? or does not every applicant get that?

I just noticed mine changed to under review on Oct 18th, been sitting there as complete for 2 months!

Members don't see this ad.

Did anyone stay at the Sonesta Philadelphia or Sheraton Philadelphia University City Hotel (both of which were included in the interview packet)? If so, do you recommend these places? I am staying an extra night and looking for a place that is safe and near restaurants, shops, etc.

I'd also recommend looking at airbnb options. I was able to find a place that was less than a 10 minute walking distance from the school for less than half the hotel prices included in the interview packet. Living conditions might not be as nice but the convenience is good

I'd also recommend looking at airbnb options. I was able to find a place that was less than a 10 minute walking distance from the school for less than half the hotel prices included in the interview packet. Living conditions might not be as nice but the convenience is good

I also echo these thoughts! Let me know if you need an Airbnb referral code to save on your initial stay.

Members don't see this ad :)
App completion date is 08/18 but still Received/Application Complete status on AADSAS, is that weird? It's been more than 1 month! Made me so panic:nailbiting:
Exact same app complete date! It changed to under review today!

I wonder if it's necessary to change to "under review" and then to receive an interview? And if yes, how many days after changing to "under review" can we expect an invitation or we have been skipped?

I wonder if it's necessary to change to "under review" and then to receive an interview? And if yes, how many days after changing to "under review" can we expect an invitation or we have been skipped?
I've been under review since July 20th (no interview)...

Reactions: 3 users
I've been under review since July 20th (no interview)...

Is there anyone who has been put under review and then actually got an interview?
Or I assume once you are under review you are out of game? :cryi:
I was put under review two days ago, and it really makes me panic than ever before.

Been under review since July 14 :))))))))))))))))))))

Reactions: 2 users
Is there anyone who has been put under review and then actually got an interview?
Or I assume once you are under review you are out of game? :cryi:
I was put under review two days ago, and it really makes me panic than ever before.
How are they supposed to send you an invite without reviewing your file?

Moral of the story: Don't take AADSAS updates too seriously (unless it says you are accepted or rejected)

Reactions: 1 users
yay!!! I got an interview !! soo happy

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Current D1 here. Don't fret if you haven't gotten an interview invite yet. My app was complete in August last year and I interviewed/got accepted in January. Just sit tight. Message me if you have questions.

Reactions: 8 users
Hey! For those of us interviewing these upcoming weeks, SEPTA, which is the public transportation here, is on strike, so just a heads up to be mindful of how you get to the school. Traffic can be really bad depending on where you're coming from, and even the lines that are running have been really late!

Reactions: 1 user
Hey! For those of us interviewing these upcoming weeks, SEPTA, which is the public transportation here, is on strike, so just a heads up to be mindful of how you get to the school. Traffic can be really bad depending on where you're coming from, and even the lines that are running have been really late!

Uber cost sky rocketed too...

I wouldn't use septa anyway if you're coming for an interview because it's possible to get lost. An Uber from center city takes about 10-15 min

Current D1 here. Don't fret if you haven't gotten an interview invite yet. My app was complete in August last year and I interviewed/got accepted in January. Just sit tight. Message me if you have questions.
When you received your interview last year? I completed in late August too.

Hey guys! Does anyone else have their interview November 17th? If so where are you staying? Im trying to decide on a hotel

Does anyone know what are the chances of getting after an interview. I have read that it is generally high but anybody know the stats?

lol there's no set formula guys. Depends on your interview. Pretty sure most interviewed candidates get in but it just depends on whether or not they liked you and saw you as a fit to the program. I'm sure you'll be just fine

Congrats! Do you mind sharing your timeline?

Applied in early June, application complete email 7/25, Under review 9/28

I didn't think this would happen! keep the faith everyone!

Anybody else still have Penn not showing up anywhere on AADSAS School Decisions page? It's my only school that isn't listed at this point.

Anybody else still have Penn not showing up anywhere on AADSAS School Decisions page? It's my only school that isn't listed at this point.

That's odd. You should give them a call, it has been on mine since the week after I submitted my app. Def call to make sure they received everything including app processing fee.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

That's odd. You should give them a call, it has been on mine since the week after I submitted my app. Def call to make sure they received everything including app processing fee.

I mean I've already interviewed there. Way back in September. Never showed up before my interview and also didn't show up after…

I mean I've already interviewed there. Way back in September. Never showed up before my interview and also didn't show up after…

If you already interviewed then you should be okay. NYU was the same way for me.

If you already interviewed then you should be okay. NYU was the same way for me.
Nyu told us at the interview that they dont use the aadsas decisions page, pretty sure upenn does. You should email them

Just got a rejection letter, was dated Nov. 1.

Me too my man.

3.5+ GPA / 23 AA 24 TS

I'm glad they at least send out a letter, rather then leaving you in the dark like some schools. Not mad, just a bit disappointed we all know we're going to get rejected from at least one place. Although I'm keeping the letter for motivation haha.

I'm not international and I received 5 other interviews so far.

Any chance I'll get interviewed?
23 AA/ 24 TS/ 20 PAT
3.81 oGPA/ 3.67 sGPA
Top state school grad
1 year research + poster presentation
200+ hrs shadowing
200+ hours volunteering (clinical, dental, teaching)
Study abroad/ almost bilingual
Non-science major
4 LORS
Solid personal statement

I have an interview at Columbia coming up.

X

Last edited:
I received a UPS MyChoice notification that a package from Penn will be coming tomorrow (sent by 2nd Day Air). Is this indicative of a rejection or waitlist? I interviewed back in October. Does anyone else have this alert/email from UPS (you can sign up if you want) who already interviewed?

For those already rejected, did you receive your letters through UPS?

The rejection letter was in a normal white envelope, so I don't really remember (plus Canada Post redirected it).

Rejected! (w/o interview)
Notification date: 11/25/2016
Method of notification: Snail Mail sent on Nov. 1st (Canada Post smh!)
Residency: Ontario (Canada)
AADSAS mail-out date: 07/01/2016
GPA : 3.75 GPA
DAT: 23AA

At least they let me know...

Last edited: