This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

BigJohn38

New Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi! I'm a 22 year old male from Colorado. I just graduated in May with a 3.55 in Physiology with a minor in Spanish and a certificate in Public Health. I took the MCAT 09/01 and had an interesting situation happen. The fire alarm went off during CARS and we had a 30 minute evacuation. As a result, the AAMC wrote me an official cover letter explaining the irregularity and I got a 510 on the exam. I have 1.5 years undergrad research, 1 year scribing, and currently work in a surgeons office doing clinical work and research. I have shadowing and volunteering as well.

I was wondering what you guys would think my chances are at MD. I know my MCAT might be a little low, but didn't know how much of an effect the official AAMC cover letter would have on explaining a 510. I appreciate the input.

Also, I know there is an app/website that tells you which schools you have a better chance at depending on your gpa/mcat/residency/etc. However, I can't remember the name of it so if anyone knew that as well... that'd be appreciated also!

Thanks!!!