This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
What makes you say this, have you contacted the school?
Do not listen to lingbird. He said the same thing last year and was completely wrong. Look up their postings history..... Just a disrespectful and uninformed troll.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
Do not listen to lingbird. He said the same thing last year and was completely wrong. Look up their postings history..... Just a troll.
Lol even if he wasn't trolling, there are better ways to say that.. he was kinda harsh...

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Third round uthscsa was sent 2/2, still 5 more rounds apparently but who knows how many spots that is for

Third round uthscsa was sent 2/2, still 5 more rounds apparently but who knows how many spots that is for
Wow, that's crazy nobody heard about that or was accepted on here. How did you find out about that?

Reactions: 1 users
Lol that makes so much sense now. Hey, that means fourth round is any day now!

Reactions: 1 user
Wouldn’t that have meant the fourth round would have been out today? I thought they said after the third they would start sending every two weeks.
I mean, u gotta give them couple days to talk, right??

Cant say but just know its true, looks like 4th round will be sent soon since it seems the dates are pretty comparable with last year

Cant say but just know its true, looks like 4th round will be sent soon since it seems the dates are pretty comparable with last year
wym you can't say lol... A friend called to ask and they said they can't share that information.

I wouldnt stress yourself about it, just wait for that 4th round

How do you know this is true? Nobody on this forum can confirm?

Members don't see this ad :)
lol basically, this process has just been surprising, confusing, u name it. for all y'all 2019 ppl reading this a year from now:

you've been warned:shifty:

yea i get the skepticism and feelings of denial but im not here to lie to anyone lol its been over a month since the 2nd round had to make their decisions, people really think san antonios gonna take 5 weeks in between 2nd and third round? its only a day off of 2017's 3rd round, looks pretty consistent to me

yea i get the skepticism and feelings of denial but im not here to lie to anyone lol its been over a month since the 2nd round had to make their decisions, people really think san antonios gonna take 5 weeks in between 2nd and third round? its only a day off of 2017's 3rd round, looks pretty consistent to me

So you don’t actually know you are just assuming bc of last year? I agree it’s out of the ordinary to take 5 weeks. Don’t want to just assume it’s been sent out if it actually hasn’t though

So you don’t actually know you are just assuming bc of last year? I agree it’s out of the ordinary to take 5 weeks. Don’t want to just assume it’s been sent out if it actually hasn’t though
i agree. i totally get what digzthis is saying and where he is coming from. and it makes total sense on what he said. with that being said, I'm still gonna assume its 3rd round coming up, until SOMEONE gives us some concrete proof, or at least a confirmation that it was 2/2.

no im giving you further evidence to my statement, it's 100% true and out of respect for my resource i don't want to get in to it, i want to be in denial too trust me, probably not the smartest thing to be plugging your ears and screaming at this point though

Last edited:
Honestly I’m just over here freaking and hoping that statement about Houston being full is false lol

Didn't believe me last year nor this year. Are you scared to face the truth ? Pick up the phone or email Cooley. I dare you
For years houston has had a round go out in March, I don’t see how this cycle would be any different.

For years houston has had a round go out in March, I don’t see how this cycle would be any different.
They will send their last round at the beginning of March as usual but I am saying is they picked who they wanted and alternates as well.

They will send their last round at the beginning of March as usual but I am saying is they picked who they wanted and alternates as well.
Ohhh I see what you’re saying. Well DUH. They have their list of people like usual and as people accept it fills and those that don’t they’ll pull from alternate and they have already decided who will be rejected later on. Like that’s the entire process. Your original statement made it seem as though if you haven’t yet been accepted you’re rejected, which is not true. You could be on their list to receive an acceptance. LOL way to freak people out by stating the obvious. Thanks a lot :rolleyes:

Ohhh I see what you’re saying. Well DUH. They have their list of people like usual and as people accept it fills and those that don’t they’ll pull from alternate and they have already decided who will be rejected later on. Like that’s the entire process. Your original statement made it seem as though if you haven’t yet been accepted you’re rejected, which is not true. You could be on their list to receive an acceptance. LOL way to freak people out by stating the obvious. Thanks a lot :rolleyes:
They’re just done still looking through apps. They’ve made their lists.

That's what I wanted to say. If you contact Dr Cooley he can tell you now if you made the cut or not
Seriously? That’s terrifying I can’t decide if I want to check in or wait for an email lol

On the same topic of the dental schools having already made the acceptance and alternate lists, maybe someone can answer something for me. I interviewed on Jan. 22 at UTHSCSA. The interview was relaxed and I felt it went well. The last question the interviewer asked was what I would plan to do if I were not accepted. I answered and then she said she asked because they were really only trying to fill the alternates list at that point. Of course they didn't say this during the orientation/presentation done by the admissions adviser, but she was candid with me about it possibly because we had personal connections through people I know at the dental school. So it felt like I, and possibly everyone who interviewed with me and after, was not even in consideration for an outright acceptance--I was just a possibility for the wait-list. Does anyone have any thoughts on this? If you interviewed after a certain point, is it possible that the acceptance list had already been made and you were only in consideration for an alternates list?

Now that I'm thinking about it, and now hearing the third round already went out 2/2, what she was probably saying was that they had already decided who would be included in the third round of acceptances, and that anyone interviewed at that point was only in consideration for the 4th+ rounds. Makes more sense to me that way at least. I guess I should be more anxious about the 4th round than I was the third if that's the case.

Last edited:
This whole thing is so hard to analyze..depends on her definition of alternate list i guess and only she knows..but thats kinda wack if our apps/interview didnt hold the potential to move around any spots

But thinking back to the admissions presentation it would have been a bold face lie to tell us all to not get discouraged and convey that there were 30 or so spots left that were up for grabs... i just cant see them doing that..why not just rip the bandaid off and tell us straight up? Seems too cowardly..who knows lol

Last edited:
My brother interviewed there on 1/22 and his interviewer said there were still 25 spots available. Maybe that means for the actual class or the alternate list...who knows. He hasn’t heard anything back either.

On the same topic of the dental schools having already made the acceptance and alternate lists, maybe someone can answer something for me. I interviewed on Jan. 22 at UTHSCSA. The interview was relaxed and I felt it went well. The last question the interviewer asked was what I would plan to do if I were not accepted. I answered and then she said she asked because they were really only trying to fill the alternates list at that point. Of course they didn't say this during the orientation/presentation done by the admissions adviser, but she was candid with me about it possibly because we had personal connections through people I know at the dental school. So it felt like I, and possibly everyone who interviewed with me and after, was not even in consideration for an outright acceptance--I was just a possibility for the wait-list. Does anyone have any thoughts on this? If you interviewed after a certain point, is it possible that the acceptance list had already been made and you were only in consideration for an alternates list?

But thinking back to the admissions presentation it would have been a bold face lie to tell us all to not get discouraged and convey that their were 30 or so spots left that were up for grabs... i just cant see them doing that..why not just rip the bandaid off and tell us straight up? Seems too cowardly..who knows lol
Ya thats pretty messed up and unfair. But then again, these schools could care less bout us

There are seats unfilled, look out for acceptances is all I'm gonna say

Does this mean that UTHSCSA probably sent out acceptances on 02/02 but just didn't send out many?? Taking into consideration that only 1-2 people were added to the facebook group and the fact that no one mentioned their acceptance on this forum, if UTHSCSA did send out acceptances, there might have not been many? Not that it makes much of a difference at this point, but just speculating...

Also does anyone know the dates that UTHSCSA sent out acceptances for last year? I read somewhere that they sent them out 02/01/17 but what were the dates after that?

I feel like a detective trying to understand what UTHSCSA is doing....

Does this mean that UTHSCSA probably sent out acceptances on 02/02 but just didn't send out many?? Taking into consideration that only 1-2 people were added to the facebook group and the fact that no one mentioned their acceptance on this forum, if UTHSCSA did send out acceptances, there might have not been many? Not that it makes much of a difference at this point, but just speculating...

Also does anyone know the dates that UTHSCSA sent out acceptances for last year? I read somewhere that they sent them out 02/01/17 but what were the dates after that?

I feel like a detective trying to understand what UTHSCSA is doing....

According to last years thread it looks like 2/8, 2/17, and 3/7. I'm not sure how accurate those are though. I am only basing that on the posts.

It has been confirmed from UTHSCSA that acceptances will be sent out "every two weeks until early May" so there are many more cycles remaining.

4th rd should have went today, looks like they went the 16th day after they were sent out last yr, they have to fit 5 more in by 4/30 and if you look at calendar theres not much room to spare

UTHSCSA has not sent anything out, still deliberating

Reactions: 1 users
4th rd should have went today, looks like they went the 16th day after they were sent out last yr, they have to fit 5 more in by 4/30 and if you look at calendar theres not much room to spare
hey! what do you mean went the 16th day?

Enough with the ambiguity, Combine...we need a date lol and rolltide seems like they go out a couple days after that groups decision date which is 14 days after theyre sent

How does it feel being your last year of dental school?

It feels amazing, but I remember being in y'alls spot like it was yesterday. Goes by quick, you hate it when you're in it, and when its almost over you cant believe it.

Reactions: 2 users
It feels amazing, but I remember being in y'alls spot like it was yesterday. Goes by quick, you hate it when you're in it, and when its almost over you cant believe it.
Fingers crossed :X

San Antonio just went out at 2:07 PM

Reactions: 4 users
Check your emails! Just got accepted to UTHSCSA!

Reactions: 7 users