This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Did anyone apply to the PBP at A&M as well?? I got an email about scheduling a call and I’m wondering if the call is just to answer questions about the actual application or do they do phone interviews? I had heard they do interviews but I assumed in person?
If anyone knows anything I’d sure appreciate it!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Did anyone apply to the PBP at A&M as well?? I got an email about scheduling a call and I’m wondering if the call is just to answer questions about the actual application or do they do phone interviews? I had heard they do interviews but I assumed in person?
If anyone knows anything I’d sure appreciate it!
I know they have done phone interviews in the past, so that might be it!

Just received email from San antonio for acceptance
So excited!!

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Just received email from San antonio for acceptance
So excited!!

Congratulations!! May I ask at what time did you receive the email? Was it just now or around 2PM like the other two posts.

Got accepted into SA today (2/21)!!
GPA: 3.89
DAT: 18AA 22PAT
Interview date: 11/13

Reactions: 3 users
would this be considered 3rd or 4th round of acceptance?

Did anyone who interviewed at sa on 1/29 get an acceptance yesterday?

seeing how we interviewed on the 29th, its gonna be a while before we do get accepted. and thats if we are lucky enough.....sigh
Crazier things have happened! We just have to keep our heads up and remember why we’re doing all this! It’ll be worth it in the end :)

Members don't see this ad :)
All i know is the one on 1/29 had 18aa and high gpa

Interviewed Jan 29th and still no news either. Something tells me they’ll be choosing from our date for the next round though.

Yea they already picked from your date, crapshoot at this point for everyone

Well rejection or not next month, i just got a call from Dallas for the Post Bacc :D so today is still an exciting day! not letting negative vibes get to us

Reactions: 5 users
dang, do u mind quickly telling me what their stats are? if u know
I interviewed on 1/22 and was accepted. DAT=23 AA, 23 TS. GPA=3.65. Having decent grades and a good DAT definitely helps, but there were people who interviewed and were accepted before me who had worse statistics and also turned their application in at the same time or after me. It was really frustrating for me sometimes, to be honest. But lots of people have mentioned that they really do look at the applicants as a whole. With that in mind, and given that GPA and DAT scores probably aren't going to change significantly between now and when the application cycle ends, it's a good idea to be working on the weak areas of your application and updating the school with what you're doing. I decided to go to dental school late in my college career and was lacking in service and clinical experience. So, I spent last semester shadowing at different dental offices for 2 hours twice a week and this semester I've been volunteering once a week for an afternoon at a volunteer clinic. I kept UTHSCSA updated with this. I really don't know if it made a difference, but Dr. Segura seemed appreciative of the updates (A&M was appreciative as well. Houston told me they wouldn't consider anything not on my application when I tried, but I might have been emailing the wrong person). It's not a guarantee, but I don't think it can hurt if you can identify the weaknesses of your application and inform the school of your improvements in those areas.

Reactions: 2 users
appreciate the long thoughtful post!
I interviewed on 1/22 and was accepted. DAT=23 AA, 23 TS. GPA=3.65. Having decent grades and a good DAT definitely helps, but there were people who interviewed and were accepted before me who had worse statistics and also turned their application in at the same time or after me. It was really frustrating for me sometimes, to be honest. But lots of people have mentioned that they really do look at the applicants as a whole. With that in mind, and given that GPA and DAT scores probably aren't going to change significantly between now and when the application cycle ends, it's a good idea to be working on the weak areas of your application and updating the school with what you're doing. I decided to go to dental school late in my college career and was lacking in service and clinical experience. So, I spent last semester shadowing at different dental offices for 2 hours twice a week and this semester I've been volunteering once a week for an afternoon at a volunteer clinic. I kept UTHSCSA updated with this. I really don't know if it made a difference, but Dr. Segura seemed appreciative of the updates (A&M was appreciative as well. Houston told me they wouldn't consider anything not on my application when I tried, but I might have been emailing the wrong person). It's not a guarantee, but I don't think it can hurt if you can identify the weaknesses of your application and inform the school of your improvements in those areas.

i have a comparative anatomy test on Friday so I had to schedule for 3/22!!! I'm still not giving up on Houston, though. Its my dream school lol
Same same, I’m still waiting on San Antonio and Houston. Though I’m pretty sure San Antonio has sent out all of their acceptance letters and all that’s left is alternates and rejections. But Houston I know has a couple spots left for acceptance letters! GOOD LUCK!!

posted this in the School specific forum, but any UTHSCSA students here who can comment on where students generally live/popular apartment complexes and such?

posted this in the School specific forum, but any UTHSCSA students here who can comment on where students generally live/popular apartment complexes and such?
On the FB page, they have a word document full of apartments and listed pros/cons.

On the FB page, they have a word document full of apartments and listed pros/cons.

How did you become part of the FB group? Do they invite you or do you have to be approved to join after a request?

I’ll message yall.

For those of you waiting to hear back from San Antonio, just got a rejection email saying that they have completed their selection and have filled all their seats. I never interviewed, just go this email now.

For those of you waiting to hear back from San Antonio, just got a rejection email saying that they have completed their selection and have filled all their seats. I never interviewed, just go this email now.
Thank you for the update. Did anyone get a rejection with an interview that wouldn’t mind saying?

o my, so that thing about having 6 more rounds of acceptances isn't true?

I didn't interview so yeah... I got that rejection email already

even if all the seats have been filled, you still have a chance. People change their minds, don’t pass background checks and/or required classes. Theres still a little bit of hope. I think this is why acceptances go out in many “rounds”.

Last edited:
even if all the seats have been filled, you still have a chance. People change their minds, don’t pass background checks and/or required classes. Theres still a little bit of hope. I think this is why acceptances go out in many “rounds”.
What if that was the last round already?

Plus, I even know one person who is holding more than one spot (annoying I know lol) so I’m sure there’s the select few who have more than one spot at dental schools and who still need to withdraw from the ones they decide not to choose.

Just adding that I got a rejection email yesterday without an interview from San Antonio. I got accepted to both Houston and Dallas, but heard nothing from SA until now. Makes me wonder what the schools are looking at and what they are basing their decisions on :O

Just adding that I got a rejection email yesterday without an interview from San Antonio. I got accepted to both Houston and Dallas, but heard nothing from SA until now. Makes me wonder what the schools are looking at and what they are basing their decisions on :O
Which school did you choose?

Anyone hear anything about A&M lately? I know they’ve only sent out 2 rounds...

i know lol, but DDS4lifeeee said all the seats have been filled? can someone elaborate on that please?

My email said, "...The UT Health San Antonio School of Dentistry must inform you they have completed their selection for the dental class of 2022."