TMDSAS Question - Need Help Please!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

nik356

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm working on the TMDSAS right now and would like to go to UT Southwestern, however I would also like to apply to UT Houston as a kind of second choice. Can I check both boxes and possibly be interviewed and accepted into both schools, or can you only get one acceptance from the UT schools?
I only ask this because someone told me that the UT system is like residency matching - you only get into one that fits you best.
Thanks for the help!
Nick

Members don't see this ad.

I'm working on the TMDSAS right now and would like to go to UT Southwestern, however I would also like to apply to UT Houston as a kind of second choice. Can I check both boxes and possibly be interviewed and accepted into both schools, or can you only get one acceptance from the UT schools?
I only ask this because someone told me that the UT system is like residency matching - you only get into one that fits you best.
Thanks for the help!
Nick

You can receive as many acceptances as you want from Texas schools, but you will only be allowed to "match" into one school during the match period in January (or February, I don't remember the exact timeframe).

Apply to all the schools in Texas that you want to attend. This is not the point in the application cycle that you need to worry about the match.

Members don't see this ad :)
Also, for the evaluation form, should I sign under "wave the right of access" or under the "retain the right..."?
I'm used to always waving the right to access for these types of things. What should I consider in choosing here?
Thanks again.

Also, for the evaluation form, should I sign under "wave the right of access" or under the "retain the right..."?
I'm used to always waving the right to access for these types of things. What should I consider in choosing here?
Thanks again.

Presumable you're waiving the right of access. I think confidential LORs are preferred.

There's an entire thread dedicated to TMDSAS questions...

Status
Not open for further replies.