Tony the Doorman

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Birdstrike

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Did I tell you the one about Tony, the doorman?

I’m sitting in my apartment on the West Coast starving, listening to my stomach growl, waiting for my pizza to be delivered. It is taking unacceptably long. I’m going back and forth on how little I can tip the pizza delivery man without feeling too guilty to actually enjoy the pizza if and when it ever arrives. There’s a knock on the door. Thank God, I think to myself, it’s about time.

I open the door, “Pizza’s here,” says the pizza man. “You’re the best doctor in the world!”

“What?” I say. “Yeah, the doorman says you RULE! He said if I ever need to get checked out, to go see you. He says, ‘You da man!’”

“Oh, that’s just Tony the doorman,” I say shaking my head. “Don’t listen to him. He says that all the time.”

……………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………

I pick up a chart in the ER, back when there still were things called “charts”, and it says: “Tony ***** 37-year-old male. Chief Complaint: Back Pain.” I walk in the room and...(read more)

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Shows.. being lucky is better than being good!

Well written man..

Did I tell you the one about Tony the Doorman? It's kind of a cool story:

I’m sitting in my apartment on the West Coast starving, listening to my stomach growl, waiting for my pizza to be delivered. It is taking unacceptably long. I’m going back and forth on how little I can tip the pizza delivery man without feeling too guilty to actually enjoy the pizza if and when it ever arrives. There’s a knock on the door. Thank God, I think to myself, it’s about time.

I open the door, “Pizza’s here,” says the pizza man. “You’re the best doctor in the world!”

“What?” I say. “Yeah, the doorman says you RULE! He said if I ever need to get checked out, to go see you. He says, ‘You da man!’”

“Oh, that’s just Tony the doorman,” I say shaking my head. “Don’t listen to him. He says that all the time.”
………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….

I pick up a chart in the ER, back when there still were things called “charts”, and it says: “Tony ***** 37 year old male. Chief Complaint: Back Pain.” I walk in the room and ... (read more)

lol, did you delete your entire post history?