Tortall WW Official Game Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Plurality would be 1 more for DVMDream!

Official vote tally:

krist - 3 (bbeventer, krist, HOH)
Emiloo - 5 (Abney, Trematode, Jamr0ckin, Snowy, abber)
DVMDream - 12 (DVMDream, NStarz, wolfspeaker, variegata, kakurubird, Packen, SnS, Philliab, dyachei, devyn, orca2011, Emiloo)
Sheepdog - 2 (Sheepdog, Petpony)
wildcatj - 1 (wildcatj)

Members don't see this ad.

I remember waiting for the each Circle of Magic book (her other series--doesn't have anything to do with this game--for those who don't know) to come out at the library.

Ahhh when the library was the coolest place EVER to go. Now I sort of dread it and the evil textbooks of vet school. Pleasure reading? Where did you go?:confused: :laugh:

One of my classmates that's my age read these as a child, so maybe not! That being said, I had no idea they existed until vet school when someone mentioned them, since I was off reading the books the boys read in elementary school.

I have the feeling we are the same age, so maybe it's not as bad as I think. All of you should at least read Song of the Lioness. Super fast/easy reads. You could probs finish one in a few hours :)

And I am sticking to the fact that they should make movies out of these books. Along with the Enchanted Forest Chronicles by Patricia Wrede....yup...I miss being a kid. :rolleyes:

Members don't see this ad :)
Man, you try to catch a few hours of sleep and almost miss the whole election for a King (something about electing a King seems wrong ;) ).

I really wanted to throw my hat in the ring for this :( - It's good to be the King!! But I am really torn b/c DVMD had to go and play the sympathy card :p
[

I deiced to stop trying to bid for the king position after the last game, oh useless en devour, instead decided to make it helpful :D

Ahhh when the library was the coolest place EVER to go. Now I sort of dread it and the evil textbooks of vet school. Pleasure reading? Where did you go?:confused: :laugh:

I have the feeling we are the same age, so maybe it's not as bad as I think. All of you should at least read Song of the Lioness. Super fast/easy reads. You could probs finish one in a few hours :)

And I am sticking to the fact that they should make movies out of these books. Along with the Enchanted Forest Chronicles by Patricia Wrede....yup...I miss being a kid. :rolleyes:
Enchanted Forest Chronicles! :D Another good one. Also, anything by Diana Wynne Jones.

Emiloo began with the first campaign of the game, and the promise of homemade candy swayed several early voters. However, DVMDream soon spoke up, campaigning for the right to be King in her last WW game for a while. Her sad plea quickly garnered votes, and with a little bit of waffling she was able to reach plurality.

You have elected DVMDream as King! She has the privilege of vetoing one lynch of her choice.

It is now Night 1. Please get your PMs in, and remember to send them to both nohika and myself! Deadline is 8 pm CST.

Official vote tally:
DVMDream - 13 (DVMDream, NStarz, wolfspeaker, variegata, kakurubird, Packen, SnS, Philliab, dyachei, devyn, orca2011, Emiloo, HOH)
Emiloo - 5 (Abney, Trematode, Jamr0ckin, Snowy, abber)
krist - 2 (bbeventer, krist)
Sheepdog - 2 (Sheepdog, Petpony)
wildcatj - 1 (wildcatj)

However, DVMDream soon spoke up, campaigning for the right to be King in her last WW game for a while. Her sad plea quickly garnered votes, and with a little bit of waffling she was able to reach plurality.
:smuggrin:

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for the support everyone! :D

I am pretty sure I am older than you and I have not read these books...

Are you? I hit the quarter century mark this year...

If you didn't like fantasy books as a kid though I do understand why you wouldn't have heard of these.

Are you? I hit the quarter century mark this year...

If you didn't like fantasy books as a kid though I do understand why you wouldn't have heard of these.

Ummmm yes... definitely older than you :laugh: :( I am so damn old
help-crazy-rabbit-emoticon.gif

Ummmm yes... definitely older than you :laugh: :( I am so damn old
help-crazy-rabbit-emoticon.gif
Now I'm curious. Cuit and I are both older than SnS, but from the sounds of it, not as old as you? I turn 27 in less than a month. And I'm older than cuit.

And remember that if you have any questions about your night actions, you should always PM the mods! We've had to clarify some things already, so you're not alone. ;) And even if you're choosing not to act, PM that to us!

Now I'm curious. Cuit and I are both older than SnS, but from the sounds of it, not as old as you? I turn 27 in less than a month. And I'm older than cuit.

I always forget you two are related.

Nope not as old as me...I am 30 - soon to be 31 in a few months...
no-no-crazy-rabbit-emoticon.gif

Oh how time flies!
I swear that time went by slower when I was a kid. Summers were like a year long. Now? *zoom*

I thought they were making a movie already? Could swear I saw the pic of the actress playing Alanna.

Also, no work today! :soexcited: I got to sleep in after being at the bar! It was nice.

I know! I don't understand how I'm already 2 1/2 weeks into my summer, which also freaks me out because I have no idea what's going on with half of the things I plan on doing! Can't we all just go to summer camp or play in the sprinklers again?

Anyhow, off to work for me, possibly followed by a birthday dinner for a friend if I get out on time, so I might not get back here until tomorrow morning (lack of an internet-capable phone and all...)

I thought they were making a movie already? Could swear I saw the pic of the actress playing Alanna.

Also, no work today! :soexcited: I got to sleep in after being at the bar! It was nice.

Not that I know of, and I can't find anything on Tamora Pierce's website...

Pipedream, sigh.

Maybe it was a dream :(

I need to go re-read some of these books now. The next few days all I will be doing is working, reading and SDNing.

Abney, I smile whenever I see one of your posts. Your enthusiasm is catching!

Here is some excitement for you...

This is me last night to the guy who would not stop hitting on me at the pub
IW96i.gif

Alanna's older than I am, but only by a few years. :) At least that's never going to change, no matter how fast time goes by.

:scared: Finish night already!

Joker-Clapping.gif

Did you actually hit him? :laugh:

Can we please move on with this game? :laugh:

We're still waiting on a bunch of PMs. Even if you're not using it, PLEASE PM us to say so! We are not psychic!

But.. but.. but.. I'm ready to take on some wolves!

funny-gif-Puss-in-Boots-cat.gif