Touro COM - New York, Harlem (TouroCOM-NY, Harlem) Discussion Thread 2016-2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I am stuck in the DO vs IMG(Israel BGU) debate. It's a very hard choice for me. Talk about a tuition difference! 50 k vs 30 k.

Members don't see this ad.

I am stuck in the DO vs IMG(Israel BGU) debate. It's a very hard choice for me. Talk about a tuition difference! 50 k vs 30 k.
It's pretty ridiculous how expensive touro is. Definitely one of the most expensive DO schools out there.

It's pretty ridiculous how expensive touro is. Definitely one of the most expensive DO schools out there.

I found the 50K to be pretty standard, maybe since I'm Canadian. It's lower than CCOM, AZCOM and about par with UNECOM and about half of Michigans DO school.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad :)
Middletown: Interviewed 3/7. Waitlisted 5/2. Accepted 5/5.

Reactions: 1 users
Also I would assume after the Harlem fiasco, they're playing their cards very safe this cycle with over accepting students, so I'd expect them to slowly trickle down the waitlists once they get confirmed matriculants

Reactions: 1 user
Middletown: Interviewed 3/7. Waitlisted 5/2. Accepted 5/5.
I would also like to know your stats if you feel inclined to sharing. I also interviewed 3/7 and was waitlisted.

Interviewed 4/26/2017 and accepted at Touro Harlem on 5/5/2017
Stats:
GPA: 3.45
sGPA: 3.41
MCAT: 505
I was told by one of the other applicants that it was the last interview date offered by Touro, so I imagine more people will be pulled off waitlist.

Reactions: 2 users
I called admissions at Touro Harlem, they said over a 100 people on the ranked waitlist, they will begin review after May 15th. Wouldn't give me any ideas on how many they anticipate getting off WL.

Members don't see this ad :)
Stats:
I was told by one of the other applicants that it was the last interview date offered by Touro, so I imagine more people will be pulled off waitlist.

Congrats! Despite what people have said on this forum, I've heard great things about this school from current students :)

Stats:

Congratulations on the acceptance!

Has anyone else been taken off the Middletown waitlist?

Reactions: 3 users
Does anyone know if the secondary deposit at touro Harlem is refundable?

Does anyone know where I can see a typical schedule for a first and second year Touro student?

I got in off the waitlist at Harlem yesterday too, although I had e-mailed them earlier saying that I would be going elsewhere. So there's at least one spot that'll be opening there!

Gaaaah. Looks like everyone from 3/6 is making it off the waitlist except me :( I wish they'd at least tell us our position on it so we'd have an idea if we're ever going to get off

Just out of curiosity, did anyone else recieve a continued interest email from Middletown a couple days back? It seemed generic enough that probably all waitlist students got it, but just want to make sure lol.

Just out of curiosity, did anyone else recieve a continued interest email from Middletown a couple days back? It seemed generic enough that probably all waitlist students got it, but just want to make sure lol.
Yes. Got one Friday. I'm wondering, did they reject anyone who got an interview?

Middletown waitlist correct?
yeah middletown waitlist :) after getting waitlisted i sent a letter of intent and updated transcript to frank. i also got the email 5/19 asking about "continued interest" that I'm assuming they sent to everyone on the waitlist? and literally 30 seconds after replying that I'm still interested i got the acceptance email

also are there any current students who can tell me how much it costs to live in the dorms? I'm trying to map out financials rn but i can't find that information anywhere

also what does tuition/fees include? i know some schools include computer and some supplies in that but i doubt touro does lol

Accepted off the wait list last Wednesday but I haven't seen anything about the housing facebook page. Does anyone have the link by chance?

Btw, this is my first post. Hello everyone!

Last edited:
Congrats! What were your stats if you dont mind me asking. Also, was this middletown or harlem
This was Harlem, interviewed 4/24. My stats, hmm... good question... something like 28 mcat, 3.4 cum 3.26 sci. Non-traditional student and worked in pharma for a number of years. I get the feeling that Tourocom isn't as stat focused as some other schools. In my conversations with them they seemed to focus much more on everything else in my application.

also are there any current students who can tell me how much it costs to live in the dorms? I'm trying to map out financials rn but i can't find that information anywhere

also what does tuition/fees include? i know some schools include computer and some supplies in that but i doubt touro does lol

Here is a link to the Middletown Facebook group for accepted students. Somebody actually posted asking the same question not too long ago. Hopefully that will answer your questions!

Last edited:
Oh, that looks like the link to the middletown page. Do you know of one for Harlem? Or is there one? Thanks!

Oh I'm sorry. I didn't know you were looking for the Harlem one specifically. Unfortunately, I do not but hopefully somebody else on this thread does!

Accepted off the wait list at Middletown yesterday 5/22. Interviewed 2/09. If I'm holding an acceptance at another school, do I need to withdraw from that school first before sending my Touro acceptance form and paying the deposit? Or can I wait until after making sure Touro receives all the necessary forms and transcripts?

Accepted off the wait list at Middletown yesterday 5/22. Interviewed 2/09. If I'm holding an acceptance at another school, do I need to withdraw from that school first before sending my Touro acceptance form and paying the deposit? Or can I wait until after making sure Touro receives all the necessary forms and transcripts?

I don't think it matters the order in which you proceed. As long as you make sure there isn't a deadline for your other school where if you hold your acceptance for too long, then it becomes non-refundable. Likewise, just make sure Touro receives all the necessary paperwork, forms, and deposits in a timely manner. If i recall correctly, I believe they gave me a 2 week period from my acceptance email to submit my deposit. Not sure if it's the same with you.

But anyways, congratulations!

Withdraw from Harlem today. Hope one of you here still waiting gets the spot.

Tuition
This link has a decent breakdown that might help! They mention computer costs and such separately.

Hey guys,

I got off the waitlist today but am withdrawing my acceptance. Hope those of you waitlisted hear back soon!

Hey guys,

I got off the waitlist today but am withdrawing my acceptance. Hope those of you waitlisted hear back soon!

Which campus were you accepted to? Also, congrats on getting in elsewhere presumably!

Accepted this week. Good luck everyone!

Reactions: 2 users
Accepted off the waitlist at Harlem Campus today!!