The unfortunate thing about this sort of misinformation is that the more it is repeated the more it is believed by people.
Colin Powell and Condoleeza Rice were never investigated for their private email servers. No one went to jail when the Bush administration deleted emails during the US Attorneys firings controversy. This isn't comparable to the Chelsea/Bradley Manning case because that was intentionally leaked and handled by the military justice system. This isn't comparable to the David Petraeus case because he intentionally leaked information.
I'm not sure what other high-profile cases you're thinking of, but that soundbite you're repeating doesn't quite hold water.
For someone who accuses someone of just giving "soundbites" you are quick to revert to the DNC talking points of blaming Powell & Rice.
Let me school you on how the government communications systems evolved., and how what Powell/Rice did was nothing compared to Hillary. I spent 20 years in the military during the times that Powell/Rice/Clinton were SecState, virtually all of that time was as an operator where I held a security clearance. I also commanded 2 units, and my last tour was a staff job as the operational expert for a Flag Officer (ie: Admiral). I give you this background just so you know that I kinda know what I'm talking about here.
For decades all official government communication was done by memoranda, which were REQUIRED to be preserved to eventually be sent to the National Archives. They were REQUIRED to be preserved because these memoranda BELONG TO YOU AND I, and we can see them via a Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) request.
Then the internet happened. But it happened slowly. The first government email systems were terrible. Your government email address was your user name/local server name/regional server name, and there was no "contact list" for you to just click on someone's name. These systems were also so unreliable that snail-mail was better, so it wasn't used much. I remember in 1995 having AOL dial-up internet and a reliable email for home, but my government email was mostly limited to my local base server. However this quickly got better when we went to Microsoft (outlook).
During this time it wasn't unusual to use a mix of personal and government emails. If you had a (unclassified) project you were working on you could just email it to your home, work on it that evening, and email it back to your office for the next day. Similarly, when the boss called you and needed a brief on something, you could log into your home email and send the information instead of driving into the office.
THIS is when Powell/Rice "used their personal emails" for work, and THESE are the emails that the Bush admin "lost", some of which probably involved the firings of the US Attorneys.
The problem (that nobody really thought about at the time) with using personal emails like this is that emails sent from my home email to my bosses home email were never captured on a government system for archiving. I'm guilty of it, as is pretty much anyone who was in government service at the time.
After the Bush "lost email scandal" the administration came out with guidance that all business related emails HAD to go through the government server to be captured. So if I sent an email from my home to my bosses home, I would just "copy" my work email and it would be captured. Okay ,got it so far?
A few years later the tech boys found an even better way of doing it...by government blackberry which allowed the user to have access to their government email system 24/7 (unless they were in a secured space...not allowed in there). This ensures capture of all emails by the Archives.
Now in comes Hillary. She scraps all of this because she doesn't WANT her emails captured. She sets up a private server for the sole purpose of avoiding disclosure of her emails, and then uses it almost exclusively for work as she has all of her senior staff on the same private server. Worse yet, she refuses to follow security protocols and openly uses this nonsecured server for THOUSANDS of classified (including TS/SCI) emails.
Big, big difference between what Powell/Rice (and I) did and what Hillary did.
Google Jason Brezler if you want to see what happens to "regular people" who send classified info over open email.