You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Tufts c/o 2023
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Does the day start promptly at 8:45? Should we show up before 8:45 to check in, or is it more that check in stuff opens at that time? Trying to plan my morning (still on west coast time and it’s earlyyyyyyyyy)
I missed my exit and showed up at 9:15. There were still people at check in and name tags on the table but it was a little awkward. I missed half of the faculty panel.
Nothing is mandatory. You could come right at 8:45
Anyone know how long it takes to hear back after the interview?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
cattievet29
Full Member
I interviewed last Tuesday and they told me that our group would be hearing sometime in the 20's of February, but I'm not sure if itll be in sequential waves from when you interviewed or everyone at that time.Anyone know how long it takes to hear back after the interview?
Anyone know/remember what the caseload of the combined large and small hospitals for tufts is for the year? I interviewed somewhere else earlier in the week, and when they said what their caseload is it seemed significantly lower than what I thought tufts’ was, but now I’m wondering if I’m remembering tufts’ wrong.
Anyone know how long it takes to hear back after the interview?
Everyone who got an interview in January or February should hear the same time. Around February 20th.
Anyone know/remember what the caseload of the combined large and small hospitals for tufts is for the year? I interviewed somewhere else earlier in the week, and when they said what their caseload is it seemed significantly lower than what I thought tufts’ was, but now I’m wondering if I’m remembering tufts’ wrong.
According to a job posting for a new Dean I found online last summer (we are still looking for a new permanent Dean) about 80,000. That’s for all 7 hospitals, so including the small animal, large animal, wildlife, and spay and neuter clinic we have on campus plus 3 Tufts facilities that are off campus like Tufts at Tech, Tufts VETS specialty clinic, and the Tufts field service in CT. Tufts has one of the largest caseloads for vet schools in the country so!
According to a job posting for a new Dean I found online last summer (we are still looking for a new permanent Dean) about 80,000. That’s for all 7 hospitals, so including the small animal, large animal, wildlife, and spay and neuter clinic we have on campus plus 3 Tufts facilities that are off campus like Tufts at Tech, Tufts VETS specialty clinic, and the Tufts field service in CT. Tufts has one of the largest caseloads for vet schools in the country so!
Woah, that’s even more than I thought! I was thinking it was about 20k, but I was only considering the small and large animal hospitals, not the 4 other branches. The school I interviewed at said they have about 5k a year, which I felt was corroborated by the fact that when we toured through the hospital wings I saw barely any patients whatsoever (probably could count them on one hand - and at other schools I’ve toured I’ve seen a ton of patients)
Curious..... what school said they only had 5k cases total a year??Woah, that’s even more than I thought! I was thinking it was about 20k, but I was only considering the small and large animal hospitals, not the 4 other branches. The school I interviewed at said they have about 5k a year, which I felt was corroborated by the fact that when we toured through the hospital wings I saw barely any patients whatsoever (probably could count them on one hand - and at other schools I’ve toured I’ve seen a ton of patients)
Curious..... what school said they only had 5k cases total a year??
PM’ed you!
Woah, that’s even more than I thought! I was thinking it was about 20k, but I was only considering the small and large animal hospitals, not the 4 other branches. The school I interviewed at said they have about 5k a year, which I felt was corroborated by the fact that when we toured through the hospital wings I saw barely any patients whatsoever (probably could count them on one hand - and at other schools I’ve toured I’ve seen a ton of patients)
Oh interesting! That’s quite a difference! Yeah the small animal hospital here does almost 30,000 alone. Not sure about the large animal hospital though!
I know that this is a little late but do fall transcripts need to be sent?
Bkr0202
Full Member
They sent me an email asking for fall grades, I'd imagine that if they didn't send you one they didn't need them
I know that this is a little late but do fall transcripts need to be sent?
I know that this is a little late but do fall transcripts need to be sent?
I didn’t get an email from them asking either
I spoke to Ford about transcripts on my interview day and he said fall transcripts are not mandatory. However, he said to send them in if your GPA improved, and not to send them in if it didn't improve.I know that this is a little late but do fall transcripts need to be sent?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
How many people does Tufts interview??
How many people does Tufts interview??
One of the tour guides said they interview 400 and accept the top 98
cattievet29
Full Member
I love tufts and this wait between interviewing and getting a response almost feels longer than waiting to get an interview invitation lol
I love tufts and this wait between interviewing and getting a response almost feels longer than waiting to get an interview invitation lol
Yeah the waiting is hard but we're almost there!
Sooo close yall!
Pistachio556
Full Member
Pretty sure it'll be today?
Where did you hear that??? I think someone on here said it was starting tomorrow?Pretty sure it'll be today?
Last edited:
Pistachio556
Full Member
Looking back the last 2 years, they sent decisions 2 weeks after last interview date (which was 2/5 this year)Where did you hear that??? I think someone on here said it was starting tomorrow?
I’d love for it to be today but Ford said no earlier than the 20th [emoji30]
Pistachio556
Full Member
Yeah that could have been just a guideline though so we had a realistic expectation of when we would hear back. I just think its not a coincidence that the last 2 years followed 2 weeks after and also on Tuesdays, but I guess we'll seeI’d love for it to be today but Ford said no earlier than the 20th [emoji30]
Fingers crossed for decisions today!
^^ I agree and also think a lot of schools do this so they don't have people scrambling and worrying if their target date passes. Many of the schools I've applied to have offered decisions well before their projected dates, so who knows! That said, it does seem like the timelines this year are a little all over the place compared to years past.
** all of this said refreshing email every 5 minutes... lol... Crossing my fingers for everyone!
Yeah that could have been just a guideline though so we had a realistic expectation of when we would hear back. I just think its not a coincidence that the last 2 years followed 2 weeks after and also on Tuesdays, but I guess we'll see
^^ I agree and also think a lot of schools do this so they don't have people scrambling and worrying if their target date passes. Many of the schools I've applied to have offered decisions well before their projected dates, so who knows! That said, it does seem like the timelines this year are a little all over the place compared to years past.
** all of this said refreshing email every 5 minutes... lol... Crossing my fingers for everyone!
OOS waitlisted.
Will be taking myself off of the waitlist though to attend Penn 🙂
Will be taking myself off of the waitlist though to attend Penn 🙂
OOS acceptance!!
OOS alternate
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
OOS acceptance!! May end up declining for a cheaper option, so the list will move along 🙂 Congrats everyone!
Last edited:
OOS alternate. I'm so heartbroken, Tufts was my top choice.
Have faith! I’m declining my OOS offer for CSU so the list will be moving at least one spot!
OOS alternate. I'm so heartbroken, Tufts was my top choice.
I feel. 🙁
equestrianlife
Tufts V'23
OOS Acceptance!!!
OOS acceptance!!!!
Pistachio556
Full Member
OOS alternate :/
OH my god, I got a call from a Massachusetts based number, so I picked it up thinking that Tufts had changed how they were giving out decisions this year, but it was just a spam caller and I was so disappointed, and then LITERALLY 30 seconds later I got the email!! It was such whiplash haha. I’m IS accepted!! 90% sure I’m going to go here, I think it’s the best program for me out of the schools I’ve been accepted/waitlisted to [emoji4]
Me too!!! Maybe we will be classmates!OH my god, I got a call from a Massachusetts based number, so I picked it up thinking that Tufts had changed how they were giving out decisions this year, but it was just a spam caller and I was so disappointed, and then LITERALLY 30 seconds later I got the email!! It was such whiplash haha. I’m IS accepted!! 90% sure I’m going to go here, I think it’s the best program for me out of the schools I’ve been accepted/waitlisted to [emoji4]
IS alternate. Top choice too.. Here's to another two months of waiting.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Me too!!! Maybe we will be classmates!
Ahhh so exciting!! Can’t wait to meet everyone! [emoji847]
OOS acceptance! Through the moon right now
OOS acceptance!
Ahhhh yes!!! So happy!!
