This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does the day start promptly at 8:45? Should we show up before 8:45 to check in, or is it more that check in stuff opens at that time? Trying to plan my morning (still on west coast time and it’s earlyyyyyyyyy)

Members don't see this ad.

Does the day start promptly at 8:45? Should we show up before 8:45 to check in, or is it more that check in stuff opens at that time? Trying to plan my morning (still on west coast time and it’s earlyyyyyyyyy)

I missed my exit and showed up at 9:15. There were still people at check in and name tags on the table but it was a little awkward. I missed half of the faculty panel.

Nothing is mandatory. You could come right at 8:45

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone know how long it takes to hear back after the interview?
I interviewed last Tuesday and they told me that our group would be hearing sometime in the 20's of February, but I'm not sure if itll be in sequential waves from when you interviewed or everyone at that time.

Reactions: 1 user
Anyone know/remember what the caseload of the combined large and small hospitals for tufts is for the year? I interviewed somewhere else earlier in the week, and when they said what their caseload is it seemed significantly lower than what I thought tufts’ was, but now I’m wondering if I’m remembering tufts’ wrong.

Anyone know/remember what the caseload of the combined large and small hospitals for tufts is for the year? I interviewed somewhere else earlier in the week, and when they said what their caseload is it seemed significantly lower than what I thought tufts’ was, but now I’m wondering if I’m remembering tufts’ wrong.

According to a job posting for a new Dean I found online last summer (we are still looking for a new permanent Dean) about 80,000. That’s for all 7 hospitals, so including the small animal, large animal, wildlife, and spay and neuter clinic we have on campus plus 3 Tufts facilities that are off campus like Tufts at Tech, Tufts VETS specialty clinic, and the Tufts field service in CT. Tufts has one of the largest caseloads for vet schools in the country so!

According to a job posting for a new Dean I found online last summer (we are still looking for a new permanent Dean) about 80,000. That’s for all 7 hospitals, so including the small animal, large animal, wildlife, and spay and neuter clinic we have on campus plus 3 Tufts facilities that are off campus like Tufts at Tech, Tufts VETS specialty clinic, and the Tufts field service in CT. Tufts has one of the largest caseloads for vet schools in the country so!

Woah, that’s even more than I thought! I was thinking it was about 20k, but I was only considering the small and large animal hospitals, not the 4 other branches. The school I interviewed at said they have about 5k a year, which I felt was corroborated by the fact that when we toured through the hospital wings I saw barely any patients whatsoever (probably could count them on one hand - and at other schools I’ve toured I’ve seen a ton of patients)

Woah, that’s even more than I thought! I was thinking it was about 20k, but I was only considering the small and large animal hospitals, not the 4 other branches. The school I interviewed at said they have about 5k a year, which I felt was corroborated by the fact that when we toured through the hospital wings I saw barely any patients whatsoever (probably could count them on one hand - and at other schools I’ve toured I’ve seen a ton of patients)
Curious..... what school said they only had 5k cases total a year??

Oh interesting! That’s quite a difference! Yeah the small animal hospital here does almost 30,000 alone. Not sure about the large animal hospital though!

I know that this is a little late but do fall transcripts need to be sent?

They sent me an email asking for fall grades, I'd imagine that if they didn't send you one they didn't need them

Members don't see this ad :)
I spoke to Ford about transcripts on my interview day and he said fall transcripts are not mandatory. However, he said to send them in if your GPA improved, and not to send them in if it didn't improve.

I love tufts and this wait between interviewing and getting a response almost feels longer than waiting to get an interview invitation lol

I love tufts and this wait between interviewing and getting a response almost feels longer than waiting to get an interview invitation lol

Yeah the waiting is hard but we're almost there!

Reactions: 1 users
I’d love for it to be today but Ford said no earlier than the 20th

I’d love for it to be today but Ford said no earlier than the 20th
Yeah that could have been just a guideline though so we had a realistic expectation of when we would hear back. I just think its not a coincidence that the last 2 years followed 2 weeks after and also on Tuesdays, but I guess we'll see

Fingers crossed for decisions today!

Yeah that could have been just a guideline though so we had a realistic expectation of when we would hear back. I just think its not a coincidence that the last 2 years followed 2 weeks after and also on Tuesdays, but I guess we'll see

^^ I agree and also think a lot of schools do this so they don't have people scrambling and worrying if their target date passes. Many of the schools I've applied to have offered decisions well before their projected dates, so who knows! That said, it does seem like the timelines this year are a little all over the place compared to years past.

** all of this said refreshing email every 5 minutes... lol... Crossing my fingers for everyone!

Reactions: 4 users
OOS waitlisted.
Will be taking myself off of the waitlist though to attend Penn :)

Reactions: 7 users
OOS acceptance!! May end up declining for a cheaper option, so the list will move along :) Congrats everyone!

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
OOS alternate. I'm so heartbroken, Tufts was my top choice.

IS accepted and i’m sobbing

Reactions: 6 users
OOS acceptance! Will also most likely be declining my offer so stay hopeful alternates

Sigh OOS alternate...this was my top choice too

OH my god, I got a call from a Massachusetts based number, so I picked it up thinking that Tufts had changed how they were giving out decisions this year, but it was just a spam caller and I was so disappointed, and then LITERALLY 30 seconds later I got the email!! It was such whiplash haha. I’m IS accepted!! 90% sure I’m going to go here, I think it’s the best program for me out of the schools I’ve been accepted/waitlisted to

OH my god, I got a call from a Massachusetts based number, so I picked it up thinking that Tufts had changed how they were giving out decisions this year, but it was just a spam caller and I was so disappointed, and then LITERALLY 30 seconds later I got the email!! It was such whiplash haha. I’m IS accepted!! 90% sure I’m going to go here, I think it’s the best program for me out of the schools I’ve been accepted/waitlisted to
Me too!!! Maybe we will be classmates!

IS alternate. Top choice too.. Here's to another two months of waiting.

Reactions: 2 users
OOS acceptance! Through the moon right now

Reactions: 4 users
Any one else still waiting for an acceptance/waitlist/rejection email or portal update? I haven't received anything, to include my junk folder, so I'm assuming the latter :lame: