This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

aintordinarylife

Reaction score
This may be s u p e r early, but just committed to Temple for Fall 2019, and wanted to get the thread going!

If you're also joining Class of 2023 - give a shout! (Or if you are considering TUSPM, feel free to post here with any questions, etc.)

Pumped and ready for the next four years to come! :shifty:

**Also -- there's now a Facebook group (not page) created by @GOODMorning1234: "TUSPM Class of 2023"

Join, if you're in!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
This may be s u p e r early, but just committed to Temple for Fall 2019, and wanted to get the thread going!

If you're also joining Class of 2023 - give a shout! (Or if you are considering TUSPM, feel free to post here with any questions, etc.)

Pumped and ready for the next four years to come! :shifty:
Temple Tuff! I can't wait to be an Owl next fall!

Sent from my SM-G920V using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm still looking. I'm hoping to be within a 10 minute walk from campus. There seems to be lots of options though!

What about you?

Reactions: 1 user
I'm still looking. I'm hoping to be within a 10 minute walk from campus. There seems to be lots of options though!

What about you?

Sent from my SM-G920V using

Same - yes, there are def some solid, affordable options nearby. Hoping to not have anything more than 10-15 min walk!

good luck, from a TUSPM alum!

Histology is going to suck. Prepare to suffer.

Also, it does get easier as the years increase

Reactions: 3 users
Just committed to TUSPM- excited for next fall

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Mailed my deposit today, can't wait to meet you all come next summer!!

Haven’t sent in my deposit yet, but leaning towards Temple. Most likely Temple. 99% Temple. So, hello fellow classmates!

What about you?

I’m starting to look into some off campus apt/housing options now just to familiarize myself— when are you guys thinking about really settling on a place and moving in? 1-2 months before school begins or earlier??

I’m starting to look into some off campus apt/housing options now just to familiarize myself— when are you guys thinking about really settling on a place and moving in? 1-2 months before school begins or earlier??

I plan on doing SARP, so I was thinking of moving to Philly on July 1st. If apt hunting is like NYC, I’ll probably start searching for a place starting June. If not, I’ll start looking earlier.

I plan on doing SARP, so I was thinking of moving to Philly on July 1st. If apt hunting is like NYC, I’ll probably start searching for a place starting June. If not, I’ll start looking earlier.

Around June is a good idea I think. Things come fast and go fast. Leases end in summer usually and the land lords like to fill the spots within a month. Plenty of good options way better than on campus for cheaper around within <15min walk to school.

Accepted to class of 2023
GPA 3.61
MCAT 495

I want to move into an apartment anyone know where to start? Is it cheaper than Temple dorming?

If anyone is having difficulty with questions about Temple. @TemplePodiatry on instagram has been helpful in answering questions about the school and area. It is run by students which is pretty cool.

Hey! I’ve officially made the decision to attend Temple next year! Excited to meet you all next year and have an awesome 4 years!

TUSPM class of 2022 student here. I cab answer some questions if y'all have any

TUSPM class of 2022 student here. I cab answer some questions if y'all have any
What made you choose temple? How has first year been? I was recently accepted, and I’m trying to decide where to go, but I’m having trouble deciding. I liked how big temple’s clinic was, and the professors all seemed nice. Maybe it was just my day, but some of the admissions staff seamed rude during my interview day.

Hey guys. I am a first year currently in TUSPM. I figured I would make an account to help answer questions that you guys may have as well!

How do you like the staggered class schedule ??

The classes are definitely staggered but it is not as crazy as you may think. While you are taking different classes at once. The material almost does coincide with one another. You could be looking at one system in Histology and then find yourself studying similar material on the same system in Physio and General Anatomy.

What made you choose temple? How has first year been? I was recently accepted, and I’m trying to decide where to go, but I’m having trouble deciding. I liked how big temple’s clinic was, and the professors all seemed nice. Maybe it was just my day, but some of the admissions staff seamed rude during my interview day.

Not to hijack another question but here is my $.02.

My biggest deciding factors for Temple were:
1. It was super close to home
2. The clinic
3. It’s curriculum layout is something I had been used to.
4. You are branded with the Temple name. For some that may not be a big deal but for where I plan to be in the future, that is a nice perk to have.

First year has been a roller coaster of stress. All due to trying to find the best habits. Looking back at the first semester I find myself amazed at how I handled all the info in that time frame and don’t think that I’d ever want to do it again [Boy, am I in for a treat 2nd year]. But at the same time, when I was actually going through it I didn’t even realize how much I was going through, I just hunkered down and did what I had to do. For the second semester, after January, things are slowing down a lot more and I feel relaxed. Probably the most I’ve been all year. Your stress is going to arise from your own personal goals. If I was content with just passing the classes I could go out every night, but that is not the standard I set for myself.

The professors are awesome and work with you each step of the way if you need help. As for admissions, I wouldn’t worry about that. Could have been an off day but the last time I spoke with anyone from there was during my application process. So don’t let that be an influencer.

Hey guys. How long did it take them to respond back after an interview?

Hey guys. How long did it take them to respond back after an interview?
I believe responses are given back every other Friday, or something like that. I fortunately had my interview on decision day so I heard back hours after I interviewed.

Reactions: 1 users
how often are students pulled from the alternate list?

Hey guys, I interview tomorrow, and I was wondering if there is anything that I should know specifically for Temple. Any difficult questions?

Hey guys, I interview tomorrow, and I was wondering if there is anything that I should know specifically for Temple. Any difficult questions?

No difficult questions were asked in my interview. It was my most relaxed one. You can prepare by searching for the Podiatry Interview Feedback page on this forum. Good luck!

Reactions: 1 users
I got in! Is anyone rooming on campus and looking for a roommate? I have been in Philly for a while so if you are not from the area and want to meet up after school starts, lmk.

Also, is anyone doing SARP?

Accepted two hours after my interview on Friday. Very laid back interview. Stats: 498 mcat, 3.7 graduate gpa. Letter from temple alum as well.

Hi ! Does anyone have time to talk about their first year at temple? I’m trying to make a decision about where to go for the class of 2024