UC Davis c/o 2028 Hopefuls

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gloworms

manifesting c/o '28
Reaction score
Haven't seen anyone make a thread for c/o 2028 and this is my IS school and the only one I will be applying to in my first cycle applying! I wish everyone the best of luck!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
First time to UC Davis but 2nd time overall!

Good luck everyone! I was in your shoes last year (oh my goodness time has flown). It is a hectic and stressful adventure, but you got this!! Stay strong!

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
hello! first time applicant IS, good luck to everyone:)

Reactions: 1 users
Hi everyone! I'm 1st time applicant IS! So nervous and excited :)

Hey y'all! I'm incoming to Davis and applied last year. I can try to answer any Qs if you ping me here or message me (especially if anyone is thinking VSTP) 🤠

Update: Just submitted my application :eek:o_O

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
Is anyone having technical difficulties with the supplemental application questions? It keeps changing my selected answers after I hit save on their portal. Specifically on the secondary application questions.

Is anyone having technical difficulties with the supplemental application questions? It keeps changing my selected answers after I hit save on their portal. Specifically on the secondary application questions.
I would send a message via the portal - Brandy McCall is very prompt about responding to messages!

It's been three days since my application was verified and I haven't been sent the supplementary application, yet other schools have. Davis says it would be sent within 72 hours of verification, should I be worried yet?

Members don't see this ad :)
It's been three days since my application was verified and I haven't been sent the supplementary application, yet other schools have. Davis says it would be sent within 72 hours of verification, should I be worried yet?
Hi, that is a little odd. Mine was received within that time frame last year. If you have the confirmation email from VMCAS telling you that you application was verified I would consider reaching out to Brandy McCall and seeing if there has been any delays. Usually if one person is having that issue, there are others.

came here to say the same, i submitted on the 28th and still haven't heard. did you end up hearing anything yet?

came here to say the same, i submitted on the 28th and still haven't heard. did you end up hearing anything yet?
Yea! I emailed her and it ended up coming soon after. She said it takes 72 business hours but could be more.

How are you guys answering the supplemental essay? Should I talk about the organizations I was involved in on campus or is moreso one of the diversity / equity / inclusion type questions?

Good luck everyone! I know today is VMCAS submission day!!!

first time IS!!

currently working on the supplemental application through the UC Davis portal, just wanted to make sure that the application itself is just demographics information right? and the Principles of Community statement is the only required essay?

currently working on the supplemental application through the UC Davis portal, just wanted to make sure that the application itself is just demographics information right? and the Principles of Community statement is the only required essay?
Yes pretty much!

How are you guys answering the supplemental essay? Should I talk about the organizations I was involved in on campus or is moreso one of the diversity / equity / inclusion type questions?
I think it's more of a diversity/equity/inclusion type of question, but if the organizations you were involved in can relate to one of those definitely talk about them!

Where is the principles of community essay? I only see:

"Discuss any elements of your application that you feel might be concerning to the Admissions Committee (This could include an explanation of metric trends, institutional actions, legal violations, etc.) Please enter N/A if no concerns to report."

"Do you have a connection to Northern or Central California? Please Explain. "

"Briefly describe this activity and its significance. How did it prepare you for a medical career? Include any supporting information (e.g. your contribution to the project or accomplishment as well as links to any publication, etc)"

And any Scholarly Pathway Essays? Am I missing anything?

"Discuss any elements of your application that you feel might be concerning to the Admissions Committee (This could include an explanation of metric trends, institutional actions, legal violations, etc.) Please enter N/A if no concerns to report."

"Briefly describe this activity and its significance. How did it prepare you for a medical career? Include any supporting information (e.g. your contribution to the project or accomplishment as well as links to any publication, etc)"

Interesting! I don’t see these questions at all on my supplemental portal. I wonder if we all have different questions then? Personally I have the principles of community

I have a suspicion you are visiting us from pre-med land when this is the pre-vet part of SDN

Interesting! I don’t see these questions at all on my supplemental portal. I wonder if we all have different questions then? Personally I have the principles of community
All vet applicants should have the same Qs afaik

Ooop. Silly me, you're totally right. No wonder I couldn't find it. Thank you!

I wonder if we are getting results sooner or later than previous years due to the new rankings. Has anyone heard of a possible result release date?

Last year was around 11/9 so this week could be a possibility

Normally an email is sent out with a date they plan to release results so I’m surprised we haven’t heard anything

Really? That makes me more nervous haha. I could’ve sworn I saw on the thread from last year that everyone would know by Nov 9
I personally don’t remember getting an email about it beforehand. But I could be wrong?

Last year we got a message through our portal on November 2nd or 3rd that they would be releasing interview information on November 9th. I'm not sure if that is consistent across years, however, so I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't tell applicants anything until they send out the interview invites.

yeah im pretty sure i had read somewhere that if you get an interview you are notified mid-Nov, but if you dont you hear back a rejection by the end of Nov. Possibly thru the portal when you submitted the supplemental

Ya'll maybe I'm going crazy but I checked the portal today and there's a tab on the lefthand side under "optional application" saying "interview." There's nothing to click on - it's just like a section title. I feel like that wasn't there yesterday when I checked but I don't know for sure. Does anyone else have this? Or notice that it was/wasn't there before?

Ya'll maybe I'm going crazy but I checked the portal today and there's a tab on the lefthand side under "optional application" saying "interview." There's nothing to click on - it's just like a section title. I feel like that wasn't there yesterday when I checked but I don't know for sure. Does anyone else have this? Or notice that it was/wasn't there before?
I might be wrong but I feel like that was always there. I have it too though

That has always been there! I noticed it in August

Yes, that shows up and does not indicate whether or not you are receiving an interview - that will just be where they put information for those who do get interviews! Good luck everyone

Just got the email that interview notices will come out 11/15

Can you show a screenshot if you don’t mind? Do you still have it? I can’t seem to find it
The message should show up in your portal under messages. It just says that they anticipate sending out interview announcements by Wednesday Nov 15th and that it's MMI and there are 4 different interview days where you would sign up for what day and time slot if you are invited to interview.

The message should show up in your portal under messages. It just says that they anticipate sending out interview announcements by Wednesday Nov 15th and that it's MMI and there are 4 different interview days where you would sign up for what day and time slot if you are invited to interview.
Sorry I meant the “interview” tab mentioned earlier as well as the optional application that @mabelsmom founds

WAHHH IM SO NERVOUS.. trying really hard not to think about it but its impossible.. sending good luck to everyone!!

• Care
Reactions: 6 users
Does anybody know what time we should expect the email?