-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
UC Davis c/o 2028 Hopefuls
Started by gloworms
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
eleanor713
Full Member
First time to UC Davis but 2nd time overall!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
binkybonky
Full Member
hello! first time applicant IS, good luck to everyone🙂
gloworms
manifesting c/o '28
eee me too!! good luck!! manifesting acceptance for all of us *fingers crossed*hello! first time applicant IS, good luck to everyone🙂
Hi everyone! I'm 1st time applicant IS! So nervous and excited 🙂
Hey y'all! I'm incoming to Davis and applied last year. I can try to answer any Qs if you ping me here or message me (especially if anyone is thinking VSTP) 🤠
Imagine not waiting until like the final day 😵💫 couldn't be meUpdate: Just submitted my application 😱😵
I would send a message via the portal - Brandy McCall is very prompt about responding to messages!Is anyone having technical difficulties with the supplemental application questions? It keeps changing my selected answers after I hit save on their portal. Specifically on the secondary application questions.
Thanks! She was great, and had IT fix the bug immediately.I would send a message via the portal - Brandy McCall is very prompt about responding to messages!
pawsitivevibes
Full Member
It's been three days since my application was verified and I haven't been sent the supplementary application, yet other schools have. Davis says it would be sent within 72 hours of verification, should I be worried yet?
Hi, that is a little odd. Mine was received within that time frame last year. If you have the confirmation email from VMCAS telling you that you application was verified I would consider reaching out to Brandy McCall and seeing if there has been any delays. Usually if one person is having that issue, there are others.It's been three days since my application was verified and I haven't been sent the supplementary application, yet other schools have. Davis says it would be sent within 72 hours of verification, should I be worried yet?
came here to say the same, i submitted on the 28th and still haven't heard. did you end up hearing anything yet?It's been three days since my application was verified and I haven't been sent the supplementary application, yet other schools have. Davis says it would be sent within 72 hours of verification, should I be worried yet?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
2nd time IS
pawsitivevibes
Full Member
Yea! I emailed her and it ended up coming soon after. She said it takes 72 business hours but could be more.came here to say the same, i submitted on the 28th and still haven't heard. did you end up hearing anything yet?
thank you for your reply! good luck!Yea! I emailed her and it ended up coming soon after. She said it takes 72 business hours but could be more.
pawsitivevibes
Full Member
How are you guys answering the supplemental essay? Should I talk about the organizations I was involved in on campus or is moreso one of the diversity / equity / inclusion type questions?
gloworms
manifesting c/o '28
Yes pretty much!currently working on the supplemental application through the UC Davis portal, just wanted to make sure that the application itself is just demographics information right? and the Principles of Community statement is the only required essay?
I think it's more of a diversity/equity/inclusion type of question, but if the organizations you were involved in can relate to one of those definitely talk about them!How are you guys answering the supplemental essay? Should I talk about the organizations I was involved in on campus or is moreso one of the diversity / equity / inclusion type questions?
Where is the principles of community essay? I only see:currently working on the supplemental application through the UC Davis portal, just wanted to make sure that the application itself is just demographics information right? and the Principles of Community statement is the only required essay?
"Discuss any elements of your application that you feel might be concerning to the Admissions Committee (This could include an explanation of metric trends, institutional actions, legal violations, etc.) Please enter N/A if no concerns to report."
"Do you have a connection to Northern or Central California? Please Explain. "
"Briefly describe this activity and its significance. How did it prepare you for a medical career? Include any supporting information (e.g. your contribution to the project or accomplishment as well as links to any publication, etc)"
And any Scholarly Pathway Essays? Am I missing anything?
potatoegurl
Full Member
Interesting! I don’t see these questions at all on my supplemental portal. I wonder if we all have different questions then? Personally I have the principles of communityWhere is the principles of community essay? I only see:
"Discuss any elements of your application that you feel might be concerning to the Admissions Committee (This could include an explanation of metric trends, institutional actions, legal violations, etc.) Please enter N/A if no concerns to report."
"Do you have a connection to Northern or Central California? Please Explain. "
"Briefly describe this activity and its significance. How did it prepare you for a medical career? Include any supporting information (e.g. your contribution to the project or accomplishment as well as links to any publication, etc)"
And any Scholarly Pathway Essays? Am I missing anything?
I have a suspicion you are visiting us from pre-med land when this is the pre-vet part of SDNWhere is the principles of community essay? I only see:
"Discuss any elements of your application that you feel might be concerning to the Admissions Committee (This could include an explanation of metric trends, institutional actions, legal violations, etc.) Please enter N/A if no concerns to report."
"Do you have a connection to Northern or Central California? Please Explain. "
"Briefly describe this activity and its significance. How did it prepare you for a medical career? Include any supporting information (e.g. your contribution to the project or accomplishment as well as links to any publication, etc)"
And any Scholarly Pathway Essays? Am I missing anything?
All vet applicants should have the same Qs afaikInteresting! I don’t see these questions at all on my supplemental portal. I wonder if we all have different questions then? Personally I have the principles of community
Ooop. Silly me, you're totally right. No wonder I couldn't find it. Thank you!
Haha thought the wording was odd too. Best of luck in your cycle though!Ooop. Silly me, you're totally right. No wonder I couldn't find it. Thank you!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
potatoegurl
Full Member
I wonder if we are getting results sooner or later than previous years due to the new rankings. Has anyone heard of a possible result release date?
eleanor713
Full Member
Last year was around 11/9 so this week could be a possibility
potatoegurl
Full Member
Normally an email is sent out with a date they plan to release results so I’m surprised we haven’t heard anything
I don’t believe there was any email last yearNormally an email is sent out with a date they plan to release results so I’m surprised we haven’t heard anything
potatoegurl
Full Member
Really? That makes me more nervous haha. I could’ve sworn I saw on the thread from last year that everyone would know by Nov 9I don’t believe there was any email last year
I personally don’t remember getting an email about it beforehand. But I could be wrong?Really? That makes me more nervous haha. I could’ve sworn I saw on the thread from last year that everyone would know by Nov 9
Last year we got a message through our portal on November 2nd or 3rd that they would be releasing interview information on November 9th. I'm not sure if that is consistent across years, however, so I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't tell applicants anything until they send out the interview invites.
Ya'll maybe I'm going crazy but I checked the portal today and there's a tab on the lefthand side under "optional application" saying "interview." There's nothing to click on - it's just like a section title. I feel like that wasn't there yesterday when I checked but I don't know for sure. Does anyone else have this? Or notice that it was/wasn't there before?
avocado4958
Full Member
I might be wrong but I feel like that was always there. I have it too thoughYa'll maybe I'm going crazy but I checked the portal today and there's a tab on the lefthand side under "optional application" saying "interview." There's nothing to click on - it's just like a section title. I feel like that wasn't there yesterday when I checked but I don't know for sure. Does anyone else have this? Or notice that it was/wasn't there before?
potatoegurl
Full Member
That has always been there! I noticed it in August
eleanor713
Full Member
Just got the email that interview notices will come out 11/15
potatoegurl
Full Member
THE WAY MY HEART DROPPED
hopefullyfuturedogtor
Full Member
Can you show a screenshot if you don’t mind? Do you still have it? I can’t seem to find itI might be wrong but I feel like that was always there. I have it too though
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
H.saltator
New Member
The message should show up in your portal under messages. It just says that they anticipate sending out interview announcements by Wednesday Nov 15th and that it's MMI and there are 4 different interview days where you would sign up for what day and time slot if you are invited to interview.Can you show a screenshot if you don’t mind? Do you still have it? I can’t seem to find it
hopefullyfuturedogtor
Full Member
Sorry I meant the “interview” tab mentioned earlier as well as the optional application that @mabelsmom foundsThe message should show up in your portal under messages. It just says that they anticipate sending out interview announcements by Wednesday Nov 15th and that it's MMI and there are 4 different interview days where you would sign up for what day and time slot if you are invited to interview.
potatoegurl
Full Member
If you are on mobile, you won’t see it. If you are on desktop, it will appear on the left hand side of the tabsSorry I meant the “interview” tab mentioned earlier as well as the optional application that @mabelsmom founds