UC Davis c/o 2028 Hopefuls

Started by gloworms
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
so if you get an invite we should expect it tomorrow, but if you dont we dont hear rejection until the end of november?
 
Haven’t heard anything but I am so average in every way for my application [emoji43]‍[emoji94]
 
Nothing yet. The email regarding invites coming out today was sent at 4:30 California time so maybe it will be the same today
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Nervous Sponge Bob GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Do you guys see your GPAs when you press "GPA" on the portal? I just noticed I only see my VMCAS science one, my cumulative one says 0.00 and it doesn't show anything for most recent 45. Is this normal? Lol just want to know if there was something wrong with my app
 
Am I misunderstanding this, in my rejection it says 1966 people sent in applications but last year 900+ people did? So did the number just double from last year and previous years
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Am I misunderstanding this, in my rejection it says 1966 people sent in applications but last year 900+ people did? So did the number just double from last year and previous years
That's what I saw and thought if it's true, it's one hell of a competition
 
Do you guys see your GPAs when you press "GPA" on the portal? I just noticed I only see my VMCAS science one, my cumulative one says 0.00 and it doesn't show anything for most recent 45. Is this normal? Lol just want to know if there was something wrong with my app
That’s definitely odd. Mine show my GPAs accurately. Did you check it prior to the supplemental application being due?
 
OOS rejection. Did anyone as OOS get an interview?
OOS got an interview invite, I would like to practice with people!! should i take the day off work for this interview? would it be weird to do my interview during my break lol?

edit: im gonna take a half day
 
Last edited:
That’s definitely odd. Mine show my GPAs accurately. Did you check it prior to the supplemental application being due?
Honestly I don’t remember I might have but I may have just assumed it was normal? Ugh I’m just hoping that the admissions team were actually able to see my GPAs and stuff before rejecting me. But yeah I should’ve checked everything beforehand
 
Congratulations on an interview! Do you mind sharing your stats journey?
Don't mind at all! I wont lie I dont have all my stats exactly quantified but I applied to Davis in 2021 - 2023 with rejections in '21 and '22. I personally had a lot of life challenges that gave me some extra barriers to go through as well as working through college so I knew my GPA wasnt going to be perfect. My GPA has relatively stayed the same all 3 applications (Stats for this cycle specifically, Cum: 3.55 Last 45: 3.68 Science: 3.48) I decided to balance out my application with a VARIETY of work/volunteer experiences. I can't give you exact number of hours in each category off the top of my head but I have had experiences working with livestock, small animals (in GP, Urgent Care, and ER settings) wildlife, some lab animal, shelter work, and lots of non animal community service/jobs. I also decided to take that route because I personally have no idea what kind of veterinarian I want to be. I was very honest about that in my applications too. I wanna say that Davis having the new application system of not taking into consideration the GRE REALLY helped my chances a lot. If you wanna go into any specifics totally PM me!