uc irvine step 1?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dulcina

=)
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi!
I was wondering if anyone had the average step1 scores for uc irvine for any recent year.

also, does anyone know how long students get off to study for step1?

thanks! =)

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
From what I remember they were talking about how they have their 2nd year students finish in early May to give time to study for the Step 1, but don't quote me on that, my memory is not always that good (plus I tend to get my schools mixed up :p).

In terms, of averages, I don't know, so I can't help you there, sorry.

We get a ton of time for Step 1.

8 weeks between the last 2nd year shelf exam and the first day of third year (which isn't rotations - you have a month of prep for being on the wards and then you start on the wards).

But you also have a week of spring break and then a week to study for the pharm and path shelves right before the end of 2nd year. So its sort of 10 weeks

We also host a 21 day Kaplan USMLE step 1 prep course here that is held during the time off. Different people do different things some take the course and the full time to study, some take it early and take a vacation before 3rd year.

I don't think UCI has actually their average step 1 score in a while, but I heard that a few years ago we had the highest average in California. But I've never heard an actual number.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
We get a ton of time for Step 1.

8 weeks between the last 2nd year shelf exam and the first day of third year (which isn't rotations - you have a month of prep for being on the wards and then you start on the wards).

But you also have a week of spring break and then a week to study for the pharm and path shelves right before the end of 2nd year. So its sort of 10 weeks

We also host a 21 day Kaplan USMLE step 1 prep course here that is held during the time off. Different people do different things some take the course and the full time to study, some take it early and take a vacation before 3rd year.

I don't think UCI has actually their average step 1 score in a while, but I heard that a few years ago we had the highest average in California. But I've never heard an actual number.

I'm also quite interested in finding out the numerical average, since it was flaunted several times during the interview/tour this year as the second-highest in the state.

I'm also quite interested in finding out the numerical average, since it was flaunted several times during the interview/tour this year as the second-highest in the state.

Agreed. I was told by multiple people that it was either the highest or 2nd highest (i think they were quoting from different years) in CA. But either way that is impressive, especially since I feel UCI kinda falls in the shadow of UCLA, UCSD, and UCSF.

I love how much time they get off to study independently for Step 1.

Yeah sorry, maybe if you call the admissions office they can give you a number. I know they definitely give you every chance to do an incredible job on the boards, but I've never heard anyone say a particular number - then again I've also never asked.

Yeah sorry, maybe if you call the admissions office they can give you a number. I know they definitely give you every chance to do an incredible job on the boards, but I've never heard anyone say a particular number - then again I've also never asked.

i'm going to be callign today, hopefully they can quote me a number!

Awesome! Let us know... Thanks.

Awesome! Let us know... Thanks.

arghh. So they said their scores are above the national mean, but that they had NO more information than that. They are keeping their score confidential for whatever reason. Sigh, oh well.

arghh. So they said their scores are above the national mean, but that they had NO more information than that. They are keeping their score confidential for whatever reason. Sigh, oh well.

A lot of schools keep it a big secret. I knew our schools numbers through rumors, and then our board prep person told us the official number at the beginning of M2.