You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2025-2026 UC Irvine
Started by chilly_md
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
oddfeature
New Member
+1 pre-II instate R too, but my LM is way lower. wtf, that is crazy. must be extremely competitive this year? idek+1 pre-II instate R… Complete 08/12, LM 82.90.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Possible timing? They might’ve moved more quickly this year to fill up their interview roster?
Maybe my essays were duds 😔. Sad to hear from this school. Might have to reapply, since my cycle’s been going pretty poorly.+1 pre-II instate R too, but my LM is way lower. wtf, that is crazy. must be extremely competitive this year? idek
research-girlie
Full Member
+1 pre-secondary R. IS.
Suchagoodpersonman
Full Member
are they sending it out in waves lol?
babysloth123
Full Member
+IS II, submitted secondary August 11th so wasn’t sure if Id ever hear back. Good luck to everyone!
JohnWilburn
New Member
congrats! did you just get it or earlier in the day? trying to decipher if they’re doing waves throughout the day or not lol+IS II, submitted secondary August 11th so wasn’t sure if Id ever hear back. Good luck to everyone!
iluvmydog2727
Full Member
+IS II; whats the earliest its showing for yall? Mine seems pretty far out
SilentCavalier
Full Member
Did yours show a date at all? I have jack diddly.+IS II; whats the earliest its showing for yall? Mine seems pretty far out
iluvmydog2727
Full Member
Initially it was not showing up so I also emailed them (no response) but it showed up a few minutes ago! Do you see one?Did yours show a date at all? I have jack diddly.
babysloth123
Full Member
I got it at 1:40 pm PST if that helps. 🙂congrats! did you just get it or earlier in the day? trying to decipher if they’re doing waves throughout the day or not lol
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
babysloth123
Full Member
Earliest for me was February 19th, so yeah it looks like they are scheduling about a month out or so.+IS II; whats the earliest its showing for yall? Mine seems pretty far out
SilentCavalier
Full Member
Mine also just updated. 2/19 and 3/2 are the only options. Gotta see my work schedule and figure it out. Looking at past years, it seems that the post-II conversion rate is pretty decent, yet looking at Admit for this year, most of the people who have interviewed are still waiting to hear back. Pretty slow cycle for them.Initially it was not showing up so I also emailed them (no response) but it showed up a few minutes ago! Do you see one?
wunderbread
New Member
+1 IS II! Pretty excited but nervous that this could just be an interview for a WL spot? Anyone have any insight?
iluvmydog2727
Full Member
Gotcha!! Ugh for me it only showed 3/2 for some reason so hopefully thats not too late! Good luck 🙂Mine also just updated. 2/19 and 3/2 are the only options. Gotta see my work schedule and figure it out. Looking at past years, it seems that the post-II conversion rate is pretty decent, yet looking at Admit for this year, most of the people who have interviewed are still waiting to hear back. Pretty slow cycle for them.
squidwardfan35
Full Member
anybody with interview invites submit secondary in september? my application was complete 9/3 and didn’t receive rejection or interview today. should i send letter of interest?
SilentCavalier
Full Member
I went back and now the only option available is 4/6, which is a bit too close to the CYMS traffic rule deadline for my liking. It amazes me that they send out all these invites at once but can't accommodate.Gotcha!! Ugh for me it only showed 3/2 for some reason so hopefully thats not too late! Good luck 🙂
orange9099
Full Member
same, are you gonna wait and see if more open up? I don't want to commit to that date for the same reason you stated.I went back and now the only option available is 4/6, which is a bit too close to the CYMS traffic rule deadline for my liking. It amazes me that they send out all these invites at once but can't accommodate.
houdini101
Full Member
I'm a little confused, bc I didn't receive a secondary from UCI, but also didn't get rejected yet. I just got an email saying that my application has been received and that "We perform a holistic review of all applicants and due to the volume of applications it may take until late February to complete the review of your application. If you are offered a secondary application you will be notified by email and given instructions how to complete your application." Should I just be expecting the R at this point? I submitted my primary on 6/4
dibadelf
Full Member
Im sorry to say, and this is from being the exact same situation last cycle, it might cooked. Never got a secondary last cycle. You can def try to email though. You might be cracked as an applicant for all I know.I'm a little confused, bc I didn't receive a secondary from UCI, but also didn't get rejected yet. I just got an email saying that my application has been received and that "We perform a holistic review of all applicants and due to the volume of applications it may take until late February to complete the review of your application. If you are offered a secondary application you will be notified by email and given instructions how to complete your application." Should I just be expecting the R at this point? I submitted my primary on 6/4
CrimsonTurtle57
Full Member
Do you think its worth to reach out and ask if they have earlier interview dates? I scheduled mine for april 6th but i'm worried that its really late. Thanks for any guidance on this!
Isagi
Full Member
me tooUC Irvine is the only UC who ghosted me pre secondary. App was complete late August. I haven't heard anything since and dodged the R wave. I'm guessing they're done with secondary invites. Anyone else in the same boat?
matted_chinchilla
Full Member
i wouldn't this makes me nervy to read but then again, I am just some random applicantDo you think its worth to reach out and ask if they have earlier interview dates? I scheduled mine for april 6th but i'm worried that its really late. Thanks for any guidance on this!
i emailed and ask and they said no earlier dates will be opened. mine is scheduled for 4/14 and i am also worried that i'm just interviewing for the WL :/Do you think its worth to reach out and ask if they have earlier interview dates? I scheduled mine for april 6th but i'm worried that its really late. Thanks for any guidance on this!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
saybeyonceeee0423
Full Member
+1 OOS II! I got it a couple days ago, so excited!!! interviewing for the PRIME LEAD-ABC track if anyone else here is!!!
saybeyonceeee0423
Full Member
Also if anyone wants to help each other prepare!!+1 OOS II! I got it a couple days ago, so excited!!! interviewing for the PRIME LEAD-ABC track if anyone else here is!!!
ArthurFleckMD
Full Member
Interview for a WL spot? I never thought of it like that... this makes me seriously reevaluate all of these late IIs I've been getting.+1 IS II! Pretty excited but nervous that this could just be an interview for a WL spot? Anyone have any insight?
Attachments
D
deleted1223922
+1 IS A!!! Received the call a few min ago. Interviewed 12/8
stiffintensification
New Member
For those who already interviewed - I got my kira interview link this morning but my interview date isn't until march. Can I complete the kira interview any time before then or does it have to be completed on the exact day 2 days before my interview date like the email states? Just want to make sure 🙂
edit: also if anyone has any advice on how to "prep" for this part, I will gladly take any tips. Is it just like Casper again?
edit: also if anyone has any advice on how to "prep" for this part, I will gladly take any tips. Is it just like Casper again?
Given that the next available interview dates are in April, do we think they're done sending out IIs for this cycle?
tree_salmon23
New Member
For MSTP applicants, did anyone else receive a SOM-only rejection (post-interview) last week? I assume that means an MSTP rejection is on the way too...
sirenatropi
New Member
you can submit it anytime before the 2 days! would love help on how to prep too if anyone has it since mine is due this weekFor those who already interviewed - I got my kira interview link this morning but my interview date isn't until march. Can I complete the kira interview any time before then or does it have to be completed on the exact day 2 days before my interview date like the email states? Just want to make sure 🙂
edit: also if anyone has any advice on how to "prep" for this part, I will gladly take any tips. Is it just like Casper again?
mr.cha
New Member
think behavioral / casper type qsyou can submit it anytime before the 2 days! would love help on how to prep too if anyone has it since mine is due this week
SilentCavalier
Full Member
Withdrew my application; not gonna go through with interviewing as late in the game as April. Best of luck to those braver than I!
Isagi
Full Member
cmon shoot your shot!Withdrew my application; not gonna go through with interviewing as late in the game as April. Best of luck to those braver than I!
SilentCavalier
Full Member
Already have a SoCal-area acceptance that aligns much better with what I want in a med school. In-state tuition price differential is too small to get scholarships from said institution so no point IMO. Someone else with no acceptances should get this chance!cmon shoot your shot!
Isagi
Full Member
Congrats! I am also from socal but never got a secondary sadly hahaAlready have a SoCal-area acceptance that aligns much better with what I want in a med school. In-state tuition price differential is too small to get scholarships from said institution so no point IMO. Someone else with no acceptances should get this chance!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
JPace24
Healthcare Finance Bro by Day, Applicant by Night.
Damn. It sounds like it. Welp, goodbye Irvine. 🙁Given that the next available interview dates are in April, do we think they're done sending out IIs for this cycle?
shadowclaw77
Full Member
Is there a group chat for accepted students yet?
sirenatropi
New Member
I have heard people get interview invites much later in the cycle in previous years. It’s not over til it’s over!Damn. It sounds like it. Welp, goodbye Irvine. 🙁
saybeyonceeee0423
Full Member
Just interviewed today; longggg day but I am very excited about this school!
current MS1. I know of several classmates who got in with the corresponding interview date in april last year. Wouldn't sweat it.Do you think its worth to reach out and ask if they have earlier interview dates? I scheduled mine for april 6th but i'm worried that its really late. Thanks for any guidance on this!