2025-2026 UC Irvine

Started by chilly_md
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

For 9/22 interviewees, did they mention when decisions would be released?
They did not, but they did mention that their Director of Admissions had left for a new job at UCR, so they were working w/o one and there may be slight delays. It seems like they sent our first acceptances late October (from last year's thread) so I'd imagine the same or early November this year.
 
They did not, but they did mention that their Director of Admissions had left for a new job at UCR, so they were working w/o one and there may be slight delays. It seems like they sent our first acceptances late October (from last year's thread) so I'd imagine the same or early November this year.
Crossing my fingers that's why I haven't gotten a secondary because I got one from UCSF, so not getting one from UCI is confusing AF since UCSF is supposed to be the pickiest (40% get secondaries).
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
roleplaying type questions or personal as well? anythign about the school itself?
It was 8 questions, 6 of them were ethical scenario questions and 2 questions were about the school and its mission. Have no idea if it will be the same for UCI tho.
 
Hey y'all, I hope all is well. When do you think it would be a good time to write a Letter of Interest? I have not received a II but was moved from their PRIME-LC program to general admission.
 
Hey y'all, I hope all is well. When do you think it would be a good time to write a Letter of Interest? I have not received a II but was moved from their PRIME-LC program to general admission.
Im not sure what the rule of thumb is but i would say after interviewing
 
Hey y'all, I hope all is well. When do you think it would be a good time to write a Letter of Interest? I have not received a II but was moved from their PRIME-LC program to general admission.
I don't think letters of interest have any weight behind them in the big 2025. Everyone is interested in the schools on their list and the schools already know it because you sent them your hefty sum of secondary money. Update letters expressing continued interest or intent are the new standard, but only if the school accepts them (Irvine does).
 
I feel like a Letter of Intent is applicable for
I don't think letters of interest have any weight behind them in the big 2025. Everyone is interested in the schools on their list and the schools already know it because you sent them your hefty sum of secondary money. Update letters expressing continued interest or intent are the new standard, but only if the school accepts them (Irvine does).
Something I did not want to hear, but needed to. Thank you big boss.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
just found out on their webpage it says "The UCI School of Medicine has a rolling acceptance with the first acceptances issued by Nov. 1." So I guess this Saturday? or next Monday?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Interviewed October 13th, when can I expect to hear back?

May​

AMCAS applications available.

July​

First secondary application invitations sent. Secondary applications are due 30 days after invitation.

August–March​

Interview invitations are sent.

August–April​

Interviews are held.

September​

Last date to take MCAT to be considered for the current admissions cycle (MCATs considered for this cycle are within three years preceding June 1 of the application year and no later than September 30 of the application year.)

October–May​

Admissions decisions are communicated. Decisions are communicated approximately 2 months after interview.

October 1​

Applicants may begin submitting FAFSA.

November 1​

Deadline to submit primary AMCAS Application to the UCI School of Medicine.

November 15​

Deadline to submit transcripts to AMCAS for verification to the UCI School of Medicine

December 1​

Last date that secondary applications are accepted for regular admission cycle. Secondary applications are due 30 days after invitations are sent.

February 19​

“Plan to enroll” becomes available through AAMC.

March–August​

For eligible students, scholarship offers are made.

April 15​

Students should narrow acceptances to three schools; you may remain on unlimited alternate lists.

April 30​

“Commit to enroll” becomes available through AAMC. Commit to enroll indicates final selection and plan to withdraw all other applications.

April–August​

Waitlisted applicants may receive admissions offers.

July 1​

"Commit to enroll" deadline for UCI School of Medicine.

August​

Medical school orientation begins the first week of August.
 
Just finished my interview :luck:🤞Hand down the chillest interview of my life, both academically and professionally! best of luck to those who have interviews coming up
congrats!!! for the Kira, could you share your experience with the timing for this part of the interview? I feel like it's been so challenging practicing everything to be under 1 minute per response each!!!!
 
hi all! so I interviewed in early september and I still haven't heard anything... but people from my interview date have already been accepted/WL/R 😭 anyone else in the same boat?

I'm coming up on the 2 month mark from my interview date so I don't know what to expect/why I haven't received an update 🙁 I'm worried there's something wrong with my app haha
 
hi all! so I interviewed in early september and I still haven't heard anything... but people from my interview date have already been accepted/WL/R 😭 anyone else in the same boat?

I'm coming up on the 2 month mark from my interview date so I don't know what to expect/why I haven't received an update 🙁 I'm worried there's something wrong with my app haha
I am not an admissions expert by any means, (blind leading the blind out here fr fr) but possibly its a deferred decision? Sometimes no news is better than some news.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
hi all! so I interviewed in early september and I still haven't heard anything... but people from my interview date have already been accepted/WL/R 😭 anyone else in the same boat?

I'm coming up on the 2 month mark from my interview date so I don't know what to expect/why I haven't received an update 🙁 I'm worried there's something wrong with my app haha
I understand the worry, but it’s truly out of your control at the moment. The positive side of this is that you’re still in the running if you haven’t gotten a decision! Have faith
 
Has anyone noticed UCI's lack of interview invites given out in Nov-Dec in last year's cycle? I wonder if the same thing is happening rn as none have been reported since Nov 1st... I also wonder why this is the case lol - holidays maybe?
 
Has anyone noticed UCI's lack of interview invites given out in Nov-Dec in last year's cycle? I wonder if the same thing is happening rn as none have been reported since Nov 1st... I also wonder why this is the case lol - holidays maybe?
They switched to AMP so they may have technical issues. They haven't even sent out pre-secondary Rs even though they normally send them early November.
 
Do y'all know if UCI accepts update letters? Do they want you to email it to them?
Based on the following from the portal's FAQ, I believe they do and you can submit it via Communication Status > Send Update!
Here's a screenshot below:
1762971425801.png