-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2025-2026 UC Irvine
Started by chilly_md
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
UCI is the only school that hasn’t even sent me an email to create a portal. does that automatically mean a rejection? or should I email them and ask?
Well, it can't hurt to ask by this point lol
matted_chinchilla
Full Member
Why cannot I not find where to submit oneBased on the following from the portal's FAQ, I believe they do and you can submit it via Communication Status > Send Update!
Here's a screenshot below:
View attachment 411569
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
cbasco02
Full Member
On the sidebar, click "Communication Status." You should then find "Send Update" under it!Why cannot I not find where to submit one
JPace24
Healthcare Finance Bro by Day, Applicant by Night.
It could mean you were screened out prior to receiving a secondaryUCI is the only school that hasn’t even sent me an email to create a portal. does that automatically mean a rejection? or should I email them and ask?
shadowclaw77
Full Member
+1 OOS II (PRIME-LEAD-ABC)!!
PowerpuffMD
Full Member
Is there a group available for accepted students?
MikeTrout27
Full Member
does UCI accept pre-ii update letters?
I did LEAD-ABC, but it's essentially the same format. All on the same day, you just have the additional LC activities. You should see more details regarding this on your AMP Portal agenda.Does anyone know if the PRIME-LC interview is occurring on the same day as our normal MD interview, or is it going to be scheduled on a much later date?
Did you ever hear anything from them? I also never received any email from themUCI is the only school that hasn’t even sent me an email to create a portal. does that automatically mean a rejection? or should I email them and ask?
If they did and it yielded anything, they would have shared it here a long time ago.Did you ever hear anything from them? I also never received any email from them
I'm in the same boat and I got a secondary right away last year. I also got a secondary from UCSF, which I didn't get last year, so that indicates my application is stronger given UCSF is the most picky out of all the UCs for secondaries. So who knows what's really going on.
anoncat525
Full Member
for those who go to uci undergrad, in your student access records tab, do you also see a "medical" option next to undergraduate?
Ironically I got secondaries from all my reaches including SF and LA, who can really know what machinations drive this processIf they did and it yielded anything, they would have shared it here a long time ago.
I'm in the same boat and I got a secondary right away last year. I also got a secondary from UCSF, which I didn't get last year, so that indicates my application is stronger given UCSF is the most picky out of all the UCs for secondaries. So who knows what's really going on.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
mr.cha
New Member
Yup! I see it but i doubt it means anythingfor those who go to uci undergrad, in your student access records tab, do you also see a "medical" option next to undergraduate?
anoncat525
Full Member
I figured hahaah but ima keep the hopes up!Yup! I see it but i doubt it means anything
zestyzesty
Full Member
anyone know when next batch of decisions will be released?
Is Irvine doing pre-II R's this year?
pristinepreacher
Full Member
+1 OOS A!! Got the call 20 minutes ago from an Anaheim number. II on 10/13
RealerHealer
Full Member
just placed on alternate list </3 interviewed 10/27 - anyone know how well the alternate list moves?
ConfusedPreMed247
Full Member
+1 IS II MSTP
research-girlie
Full Member
Thoughts on sending an update letter pre-secondary? Or does that seem too desperate? IS non-trad first-gen applicant if it makes a difference
Isagi
Full Member
Aren't we past the secondary deadline now? I haven't received one eitherThoughts on sending an update letter pre-secondary? Or does that seem too desperate? IS non-trad first-gen applicant if it makes a difference
research-girlie
Full Member
I thought so. But someone on admit put that they received a secondary this month so maybe not?Aren't we past the secondary deadline now? I haven't received one either
same, haven’t received one i figured by now i just never will but still holding out a smidge of hope 🩷Aren't we past the secondary deadline now? I haven't received one either
pemingtons
Full Member
For those who have received II recently, around when are they scheduling for at this point? I know someone who got an II months ago and her interview is in January.
cocoakrispies
Full Member
+1 IS A!! Interviewed 11/10
Got the call about two hours ago 🙂
Got the call about two hours ago 🙂
mistarodgas
New Member
I interviewed in early September and have not heard anything back since, is this a bad sign considering others have interviewed after me and got accepted (OOS)
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
TeaTree2025
Full Member
Does anyone know typically when PRIME-LC acceptances come out?
PowerpuffMD
Full Member
Decision and financial awards are released in the Spring. Once every single candidate has been interviewed to be fair and consider everyone equally.Does anyone know typically when PRIME-LC acceptances come out?
TeaTree2025
Full Member
Thanks friend🙂 Happy Holidays!Decision and financial awards are released in the Spring. Once every single candidate has been interviewed to be fair and consider everyone equally.
PowerpuffMD
Full Member
Same to you! Hope to see you next year!Thanks friend🙂 Happy Holidays!
sockscat19
Full Member
hiii does anyone know if uci accepts pre-ii update letters? also, do you think they will send some interview invites in jan and feb or are they pretty much done?
pinkslip_ff2
Full Member
+1 IS II!
+1 IS II on 1/8, complete 8/9, LM 75
Late Feb available
Late Feb available
JohnWilburn
New Member
Congrats. Did you just get it or earlier in the day?+1 IS II on 1/8, complete 8/9, LM 75
Late Feb available
Got it around 3pm PSTCongrats. Did you just get it or earlier in the day?
SurvivingPremedd
Full Member
OC resident and UCI alum. UCI is my top choice, and I haven’t heard anything yet. Do you think it’s still reasonable to be hopeful at this point in the cycle?
sirenatropi
New Member
does anyone have recommendations on how to prepare for the video assessment portion? should I review MMI-style questions or are they more personal? any insight is appreciated!!!!
SurvivingPremedd
Full Member
Does anyone think we will see another wave of interviews in Jan/Feb?
PowerpuffMD
Full Member
Hello. I received the acceptance package last week and I noticed that based on the timeline, prime LC will be starting in June. During the interview, I understood that they were planning on changing the summer immersion program and have the prime students start in August with everyone else. It’s still early, I know. But in case I get accepted to the prime LC program, I was wondering if starting in June meant I could qualify for graduate plus loans (going away after July 1st this year). If there is a current med student who knows anything, can you please answer here or privately? Appreciate it!
TeaTree2025
Full Member
I also was wondering this as well. I know other programs have discussed moving up their start date before July 1st so this upcoming cohort could qualify for Grad plus loans. For example, I heard Charles Drew will be starting in June I believe? I have not heard UCI talk about this but hopefully they will have another info session for accepted applicants to ask?Hello. I received the acceptance package last week and I noticed that based on the timeline, prime LC will be starting in June. During the interview, I understood that they were planning on changing the summer immersion program and have the prime students start in August with everyone else. It’s still early, I know. But in case I get accepted to the prime LC program, I was wondering if starting in June meant I could qualify for graduate plus loans (going away after July 1st this year). If there is a current med student who knows anything, can you please answer here or privately? Appreciate it!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
TheguythatdrivesEVs
Full Member
IS pre ii rejection
SilentCavalier
Full Member
+1 IS II. Currently can't see any available dates, but they had something in the interview information section to write an email to them so they can update the portal to allow scheduling. Anybody else have this issue?
mountaingoat23
Full Member
IS pre II rejection as well
+1 pre-II instate R… Complete 08/12, LM 82.90.
Post-secondary pre-II rejections are coming out en mass and I haven't even gotten a pre-secondary rejection. WTF!?