UC Postbaccalaureate Consortium 2021-2022 Cycle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ubedaaa

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

Not sure what the rules are re: posting here (first time posting, point me in the right direction if there are any lol), but the 2021-2022 UC Consortium Post-Baccalaureate cycle opens up in less than a month and I haven't seen a thread started yet. Thought it'd be good to get one going so we can ask questions and help each other out however we can!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Haven't taken the MCAT yet. What are some schools that do not require the MCAT in their applications?

Haven't taken the MCAT yet. What are some schools that do not require the MCAT in their applications?
I assume you're talking about the UC Consortium? If you haven't taken the MCAT, I don't think you need it to apply to the post-bac program

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey y'all! I'm currently a 3rd year Neuroscience major at UCR and I'm set to graduate in the spring of 2022 (June). I am thinking of applying to premedical postbac programs in California. However, I'm a bit confused on the timeline and cycle of it all. I tried looking on the post bacc websites but didn't receive much information besides deadline. I guess my question is when do I apply to these postbacc programs if I'm set to graduate in the spring of 2022. I also want to go straight into the program right after graduation. Would that mean I would apply this upcoming cycle (2021-2022) or (2022-2023). Thank you!

MCAT isn't need for the Consortium. Use the AAMC tool if you're trying to find more PB programs in your area.

Hey y'all! I'm currently a 3rd year Neuroscience major at UCR and I'm set to graduate in the spring of 2022 (June). I am thinking of applying to premedical postbac programs in California. However, I'm a bit confused on the timeline and cycle of it all. I tried looking on the post bacc websites but didn't receive much information besides deadline. I guess my question is when do I apply to these postbacc programs if I'm set to graduate in the spring of 2022. I also want to go straight into the program right after graduation. Would that mean I would apply this upcoming cycle (2021-2022) or (2022-2023). Thank you!
You would apply in early 2022 for Fall 2022 entry. That's how the Consortium works at least. You apply from Jan - March and if you are admitted, beginning that same year in the Summer/Fall.

Definitely make sure you need a PB in the first place!

Anyone know if the programs will allow for research opportunities while taking classes?

And good luck to everyone applying :)

Reactions: 1 user
Good luck to everybody! I'm planning to submit by 01/18, if my recommenders come through for me. If not, by the end of Jan. is my personal deadline!

Anyone know if the programs will allow for research opportunities while taking classes?

And good luck to everyone applying :)
i think irvine allows it, "if needed" : ). not sure about the other 3
1609889648552.png

Verified complete 01/18

Just barely hit my personal end of Jan. deadline to submit everything, hoping to be verified complete soon!

Members don't see this ad :)
Awesome! Who’s Nancy?
Ms. Nancy Galindo; her official title is "Undergraduate Initiatives Program Coordinator," according to her e-mail signature. She was the one who responded to the specific email listed for UC Davis' postbacc website. I plan to obtain more information on UCI and UCSF timelines as well; however, my interests are hedged into UCD due to my personal ties to the area. Best of luck to you, and feel free to share whatever info you may have!

hi, does anyone know about ucsf's and ucd's curriculum timelines?

for example, uci pb starts with summer classes and mcat cars+classes for the fall+winter. Then, full time mcat for spring. i tried to search online but couldn't find anything definite. So, is ucsf/ucd's program similar to uci's at all?

Ms. Nancy Galindo; her official title is "Undergraduate Initiatives Program Coordinator," according to her e-mail signature. She was the one who responded to the specific email listed for UC Davis' postbacc website. I plan to obtain more information on UCI and UCSF timelines as well; however, my interests are hedged into UCD due to my personal ties to the area. Best of luck to you, and feel free to share whatever info you may have!
Oh! Cool! I have zero information, sorry. But if I do I’ll let y’all know

I emailed UCI and they said they're starting interviews late March

I know this is the UC Consortium, but has anyone else had interviews for any other CA postbaccs? I have an interview with LMU Friday and would love to hear who's getting interviews and from which programs.

I know this is the UC Consortium, but has anyone else had interviews for any other CA postbaccs? I have an interview with LMU Friday and would love to hear who's getting interviews and from which programs.
no sorry, but hope it went well!

Hi all,

Its the first time I've considered applying for the UC Consortium, but it seems that everyone already submitted their applications. Is it too late for apply for the postbacc programs if I were to start my application now?

Hi all,

Its the first time I've considered applying for the UC Consortium, but it seems that everyone already submitted their applications. Is it too late for apply for the postbacc programs if I were to start my application now?

If you’re able to submit ASAP you may be okay. You need to have your letter of rec writers submit through the portal (if submitting through PostBacCAS) and they need up to 2 weeks to verify your app. I would check each UC to see when their deadlines are. I know it’s for sure too late for UCSD, but others may be fine!

Hi all,

as the previous person said, you're not necessarily too late! Davis's and SF's deadline is on 03/24 - first time and 05/04 - reapplicants. Irvine has it on 03/24 for both first time and reapplicants. Ive heard of someone who ended up submitting for Irvine on the last day and eventually got in. If you have a strong app/story, then you should apply nevertheless?? don't worry about other people : ). also if you already have your essays finished and letters stored on interfolio, then it should be easier to apply too imo!

• Love
as the previous person said, you're not necessarily too late! Davis's and SF's deadline is on 03/24 - first time and 05/04 - reapplicants. Irvine has it on 03/24 for both first time and reapplicants. Ive heard of someone who ended up submitting for Irvine on the last day and eventually got in. If you have a strong app/story, then you should apply nevertheless?? don't worry about other people : ). also if you already have your essays finished and letters stored on interfolio, then it should be easier to apply too imo!
Thanks for replying! I just started my essays so hopefully I can complete everything by those deadlines!

I know this is outside of the UC consortium, but has anyone considered applying to UCR's postbacc program and know what's their application period? They've been rather nontransparent on details and I've yet to hear back from them by email. Was considering applying there due to location. Previous applicants are welcome to chime in!

I know this is outside of the UC consortium, but has anyone considered applying to UCR's postbacc program and know what's their application period? They've been rather nontransparent on details and I've yet to hear back from them by email. Was considering applying there due to location. Previous applicants are welcome to chime in!
I emailed them. They said they will give updates about the program later this month. They removed a lot of information about the program on their website, I wonder if they are ending the program

For whoever applied and is verified... check the portal, I logged in and saw that I could schedule my interview with UC Davis! Doesn't say many details lol so who knows if it's a glitch but I'll take it

For whoever applied and is verified... check the portal, I logged in and saw that I could schedule my interview with UC Davis! Doesn't say many details lol so who knows if it's a glitch but I'll take it
Do you mean “completed” or “verified”?
I don’t have verified — only completed.

What tab do you check to see that?

Did the application status change from “Application submitted” before allowing you to schedule an interview?

edit additional comment: if it changed to something like “Application in review”

@PMA2021 @kingmd16 @Myguy1995 I think it's a glitch in the system. There's a whole new tab that pops up on the left-hand side. Doesn't have any details though or anything so I think it's a glitch or a placeholder of sorts. Ima follow up with them

@PMA2021 @kingmd16 @Myguy1995 I think it's a glitch in the system. There's a whole new tab that pops up on the left-hand side. Doesn't have any details though or anything so I think it's a glitch or a placeholder of sorts. Ima follow up with them
Wouldn’t you have gotten an email? Wait, rewind, lol mine says competed and not “verified”. Is that what your says?

@Myguy1995 @backgroundnofound

Sorry, didn't mean to freak everybody out haha. When I say verify, I mean that you've gotten the email from the Consortium with the subject "UC Postbaccalaureate Program Application Complete" and it tells you that your application has been advanced to review by the campuses.

Though, this email I talk about above says "If you are offered an interview at one or more campuses, you will be notified by email from that campus and this information will appear on your Applicant Portal." so maybe it's legit, they just haven't sent the email?

Still think it's a glitch, the tab doesn't give much info! Haven't followed up with them so we'll see, but maybe I'll schedule something and see if it goes through

@Myguy1995 @PMA2021 @kingmd16

Never mind, I didn't even realize it, I got the interview invite 4 days ago!! I went to Status --> Communication Status on the left-hand side and the official invite is there! Guess they don't send a message to your actual email!

@Myguy1995 @PMA2021 @kingmd16

Never mind, I didn't even realize it, I got the interview invite 4 days ago!! I went to Status --> Communication Status on the left-hand side and the official invite is there! Guess they don't send a message to your actual email!
Congratulations! Yeah I was thinking they probably just hadn’t sent the email. Let us know how everything goes, fingers crossed!

Submitted 01/27
Nice! I submitted 01/08. Silence from all programs... not sure if others have gotten anything. :( I’m a reapp — took the mcat already will need to retake.

Nice! I submitted 01/08. Silence from all programs... not sure if others have gotten anything. :( I’m a reapp — took the mcat already will need to retake.
Completed on 01/27 but has been quiet too : ‘ D ‘ ‘

I’m sure it’s coming down the pipeline for y’all! Wonder how they go about looking at apps, like in what order. Early in the season so plenty of time left! @rethos @Myguy1995

I haven’t taken the MCAT and have been on a DIY postbacc. journey to even get to this point. Looking forward to seeing some more interviews here!

Reactions: 2 users
Just had my first interview with UC Davis! Anybody else hear back from anywhere?

Just had my first interview with UC Davis! Anybody else hear back from anywhere?
Awesome! How was it?

I have an interview at UCSD in the coming weeks, no word from UC Consortium yet (submitted/verified 2/8).

Awesome! How was it?

I have an interview at UCSD in the coming weeks, no word from UC Consortium yet (submitted/verified 2/8).
I think it went pretty good! Supposed to hear back in a few weeks for next steps, if any. Interesting, everywhere I'm asking, not many people have heard back from the Consortium. Good luck on UCSD!

I think it went pretty good! Supposed to hear back in a few weeks for next steps, if any. Interesting, everywhere I'm asking, not many people have heard back from the Consortium. Good luck on UCSD!
Thanks!

What was the interview format for Davis (1:1, panel, etc)? Also, given the pandemic, are they only doing 1 interview?

Recently submitted to UCLA and UCI.. crossing fingers!

I'm surprised we haven't heard from UCI yet, thought it would have been last week, based off of past forums

Sorry but did you ask Davis if they're holding the secondary interview in person or is there a zoom option still? Maybe the programs want to delay the interviewing process a little to see if in-person interviewing is viable soon . . .