UC Postbaccalaureate Consortium 2021-2022 Cycle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I'm surprised we haven't heard from UCI yet, thought it would have been last week, based off of past forums
same here. Have you heard from any other schools?

Members don't see this ad.

Sorry but did you ask Davis if they're holding the secondary interview in person or is there a zoom option still? Maybe the programs want to delay the interviewing process a little to see if in-person interviewing is viable soon . . .
Everything online. Doubt any school will go for in-person until maybe the summer...

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I know this is the UC Consortium, but has anyone else had interviews for any other CA postbaccs? I have an interview with LMU Friday and would love to hear who's getting interviews and from which programs.
Not necessarily a post-bacc., but I did recently receive an admission to a MS program at the Keck School of Medicine of USC! How about you?

Oof good questions. I think geographically anywhere in Southern CA! However, I do think UCSF & UCD have nice hiking areas so I wouldn't mind moving up LOL. But I think my profile only really fits in UCLA & UCI -- I'm a re-app.
That sounds cool - I hadn't considered the outdoor activities LOL.

What was your experience like during your initial application cycle?

That sounds cool - I hadn't considered the outdoor activities LOL.

What was your experience like during your initial application cycle?
I'm a re-app to MD/DO school. I applied blind (without an MCAT). Bombed the MCAT, got denied. Took some time off to reevaluate my life lol... then found about this program that could help a lot with my metric side of the app (which is weak).
In general, I was blind about the AAMC process, etc...

Oof good questions. I think geographically anywhere in Southern CA! However, I do think UCSF & UCD have nice hiking areas so I wouldn't mind moving up LOL. But I think my profile only really fits in UCLA & UCI -- I'm a re-app.
Not a re-app. but UCI makes the most sense for me geographically. UCSF would be sweet but I'm sure it's the hardest to get into. UC Davis has a lot of support for under-represented students so that's a plus as well. Overall, just trying to get in somewhere haha

I'm a re-app to MD/DO school. I applied blind (without an MCAT). Bombed the MCAT, got denied. Took some time off to reevaluate my life lol... then found about this program that could help a lot with my metric side of the app (which is weak).
In general, I was blind about the AAMC process, etc...
you live and you learn! I almost did the same this past year until one of my mentors called me crazy lol...

I graduated undergrad in 2015 so I've taken a few years off, but now believe I'm a stronger applicant because of it!

Members don't see this ad :)
you live and you learn! I almost did the same this past year until one of my mentors called me crazy lol...

I graduated undergrad in 2015 so I've taken a few years off, but now believe I'm a stronger applicant because of it!
Nice! good advice. I had adcom telling me that my gpa wouldn't matter if I did well in my MCAT bc of my story. I've been in undregrad for a min LOL. Time does clear the mind 100%. I think the program that can support MCAT studying is like where I would LOVE to attend.

I'll be satisfied with anywhere that accepts me lol. I live in SoCal but did undergrad NorCal. Any school would be fine. Also applying to CSUEB. I'm just ready to move forward lol
Definitely felt being ready to move forward, I did a DIY post-bacc. for three years cause my credentials were so bad, hence why I finally applied to formal programs!

Hey everyone! Sorry I’ve been M.I.A, getting close to finals week. But I received Invites from UCD and UCSF last week. My top choice would honestly be either one of those two just because I’m originally from Nor-Cal, but they all seem to have really great programs either way. I hope everyone is doing well!

Hey everyone! Sorry I’ve been M.I.A, getting close to finals week. But I received Invites from UCD and UCSF last week. My top choice would honestly be either one of those two just because I’m originally from Nor-Cal, but they all seem to have really great programs either way. I hope everyone is doing well!
Congrats!! Finally, somebody else that's heard back from them lol. I was hoping to hear from UCSF but I know they're probably the most competitive. Good luck, keep us posted on how it goes!

Congrats!! Finally, somebody else that's heard back from them lol. I was hoping to hear from UCSF but I know they're probably the most competitive. Good luck, keep us posted on how it goes!
Thanks! I definitely think there is still time for UCSF, all their interview dates were listed in April so I’m assuming they just started releasing invites.

Definitely felt being ready to move forward, I did a DIY post-bacc. for three years cause my credentials were so bad, hence why I finally applied to formal programs!
Oh nice! Wait, why did you need a formal post-bacc if you did a DIY?

I really hope UCD will give me a chance. As a URM and first generation citizen/US university graduate, UCD’s mission aligns with me. Along with being a NorCal resident.

I applied to only UC consortium in my first cycle applying to a post-graduate program since graduating in 2019. Two years of parasitology research with poster presentation, no pubs. Took the gap year to finally get 1.5 years worth of clinical experience and a couple hundred volunteering hours; secured some amazing LORs; 507 MCAT (06/2020 at 6 PM... RIP) during the peak of COVID. No word from anywhere yet sadly. At this point, I just hope 1/3 schools will give me a chance!

P.S. congrats to you and others for securing interviews/admittances to your respective programs! You all inspire me to keep on holding out hope in achieving our shared ambition to become physicians.

Oh nice! Wait, why did you need a formal post-bacc if you did a DIY?
Haha the golden question everybody always asks me

Long story short, my undergrad career was bad x 1000. I needed to do a DIY to even reach the GPA cut-offs needed for a formal post-bacc/MS programs. Now, I'd like to do a formal PB to keep upping my overall/BCPM, network to get some good LORs, etc., if that makes sense.

Could have just kept taking classes on my own at this point, but I think there are more benefits to a formal program than the DIY route

Haha the golden question everybody always asks me

Long story short, my undergrad career was bad x 1000. I needed to do a DIY to even reach the GPA cut-offs needed for a formal post-bacc/MS programs. Now, I'd like to do a formal PB to keep upping my overall/BCPM, network to get some good LORs, etc., if that makes sense.

Could have just kept taking classes on my own at this point, but I think there are more benefits to a formal program than the DIY route
Ah got it! I got in to GT SMP -- not sure if I should take it to be honest. Undergrad I was also working a lot so my GPA is now a flat 3.0 lol

Thanks! I definitely think there is still time for UCSF, all their interview dates were listed in April so I’m assuming they just started releasing invites.
When did you submit/verify your app?

Hey everyone! I wanted to share I got an interview for UCD (my application was verified 03/05)! Any tips for interviews?

Hey everyone! I wanted to share I got an interview for UCD (my application was verified 03/05)! Any tips for interviews?
Congratulations!! I was just gonna say UCD sent me another invite, I hope they didn’t send me someone else’s by accident. I let them know

Did anyone else hear back from UCI today?

Anyone hear from UCLA? Also, know the benefit of UCLA's program?

Anyone hear from UCLA? Also, know the benefit of UCLA's program?
Not sure how many re-applicants there are here, you might not get a reply! I would imagine that since you have to have unsuccessfully applied to med school already, the UCLA program is probably structured a little differently than the other programs, probably more support on med school app and addressing those components, more so than the other programs

Also, I can't imagine that DGSOM wouldn't at least look at you with a little more consideration as an applicant, if you go through the RAP program. The classes you take there via Extension are smooth sailing tbh. I pretty much took every upper-div. science course they offer there on my own DIY journey lol.

Not sure how many re-applicants there are here, you might not get a reply! I would imagine that since you have to have unsuccessfully applied to med school already, the UCLA program is probably structured a little differently than the other programs, probably more support on med school app and addressing those components, more so than the other programs

Also, I can't imagine that DGSOM wouldn't at least look at you with a little more consideration as an applicant, if you go through the RAP program. The classes you take there via Extension are smooth sailing tbh. I pretty much took every upper-div. science course they offer there on my own DIY journey lol.
Interesting! Yeah, I already started a DIY Post-Bacc at UCSD Extension.
Did you think about applying to SMPs? Why not just take the MCAT with a 36 unit upper trend (I assume you have that) then apply?

Has anyone heard what is going to happen with the UCR postbacc program? Back in late January I was told information would come out in February, but it's been radio silence since then.

Has anyone heard what is going to happen with the UCR postbacc program? Back in late January I was told information would come out in February, but it's been radio silence since then.
No idea! Wonder if they're going through budget/staffing issues due to COVID, or they just didn't transition well to an online format. Hard to imagine it'd go up past this month, as most people will have received acceptances places and committed I think. Either way, bummer. I'm a local to the area and really wanted to apply there, but looking like it's not in the cards!

No idea! Wonder if they're going through budget/staffing issues due to COVID, or they just didn't transition well to an online format. Hard to imagine it'd go up past this month, as most people will have received acceptances places and committed I think. Either way, bummer. I'm a local to the area and really wanted to apply there, but looking like it's not in the cards!
That's a bummer. I was looking forward to applying there!

Have you heard back from any other schools within the consortium?

That's a bummer. I was looking forward to applying there!

Have you heard back from any other schools within the consortium?
Yep, for real bummer.

Sadly no, haven't heard from UCSF or UCI yet. Tbh, I'm probably writing off UCSF as a no if I haven't heard from them by now. UCI is a maybe in my mind. How about you?

Yep, for real bummer.

Sadly no, haven't heard from UCSF or UCI yet. Tbh, I'm probably writing off UCSF as a no if I haven't heard from them by now. UCI is a maybe in my mind. How about you?
No word from UCSF or UCI yet. I'm still hopeful for both, but it really feels like it's coming down to the wire.

According to reddit, I think UCI started releasing interviews sometime last Friday! fingers crossed!!

Is this part of the UC Consortium or the Postbacc Premedical?
I would like to know this too. Because they have 2 programs. The postbac premed is for non science majors (I believe)

Also, I wanted to share that I got an interview for UCSF!!

Reactions: 2 users