UC Postbaccalaureate Consortium 2021-2022 Cycle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
do you know if this is for their consortium program or their biosci career changer program by chance?
the consortium : (
1617745950081.png

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello, I am late to the forum. I got rejected from UCI last Friday, but Davis offered an interview on Tuesday. Anyone have any tips to prepare?

Hello, I am late to the forum. I got rejected from UCI last Friday, but Davis offered an interview on Tuesday. Anyone have any tips to prepare?
Review your application, know your story. Mock interview with family, friends if you can! Be personable, speak slowly. You got this :)

Reactions: 1 users
Join the applicant groupme that I started for some great advice. The link is a few posts back on this thread!

Reactions: 1 user
Hello! I submitted my application pretty close to the deadline and I'm hoping if anyone knows whether any of the schools are still sending out interviews?

Hello! I submitted my application pretty close to the deadline and I'm hoping if anyone knows whether any of the schools are still sending out interviews?
Join the applicant GroupMe that I started, link is a few post back. Plenty of information regarding this in there, as well as other helpful info

Members don't see this ad :)
I received my acceptance to UC Davis yesterday, 04/10! 🎉 hoping for some more acceptances from everybody here

is anyone else still waiting to hear back from at least one of the programs lol? It's going to be three months soon since the day i finished my app. I prefer not to have false hopes at this point. . .

is anyone else still waiting to hear back from at least one of the programs lol? It's going to be three months soon since the day i finished my app. I prefer not to have false hopes at this point. . .
I believe UCD is still sending out primary interviews invites (according to their email, secondary invites come a few weeks after the primary, if selected) and UCI has sent rejection letters. If you haven't received an official rejection letter, I will not lose hope!!!

Last edited:
  • Love
Has any reapplicant heard back yet?

Also, if anyone's interested, here's a poll I created so we can see how many first-time and reapplicants are in this cycle.

Last edited:
Who all has received an acceptance? Where to? Anybody else headed to Davis?

I received my acceptance to UC Davis yesterday, 04/10! 🎉 hoping for some more acceptances from everybody here
Congratulations!!
I received an interview invite for UC Davis this week. Do you have any tips for the primary interview? what kind of questions did they ask?

Congratulations!!
I received an interview invite for UC Davis this week. Do you have any tips for the primary interview? what kind of questions did they ask?
Feel free to join the GroupMe (if you're familiar with it) that I started, got a bunch of useful info there! The link is a few posts back on this thread

is anyone planning to apply to UC Davis' other postbacc program/ HPA? I'm interested in their MCAT prep program , but not sure if I want to wait until 2022 to start postbacc @ • @

So I emailed one of the schools and they said they can't disclose this year's pool, but they can say for the last couple of years, they've consistently had about 350 to 450 applicants and there is typically a larger first-time applicant than reapplicant pool (with respect to your medical school applications). So getting into this program at any school is truly a feat in itself.

Does anyone know if UCD and UCSF will send out the rejection letter? and are they still sending out the primary interview invites?

Does anyone know if UCD and UCSF will send out the rejection letter? and are they still sending out the primary interview invites?
Yeah they do sent out rejection letters. I know for UCSF all applicants will be notified by June 3 since it starts in the summer. For UCD, not sure when decisions will be finalized (their program is a fall start).

I think UCI has been the only school that people have received rejection letters (the program also starts in the summer).

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
I think UCI has been the only school that people have received rejection letters (the program also starts in the summer).
UCLA has also started rejecting people. UCD is likely nearly full cohort already, since people are being waitlisted. UCI I think is already full based off of personal knowledge of people getting in

does anyone know if we can appeal if waitlisted?
Not sure if you can appeal if you're waitlisted. I know for sure you can appeal if rejected, even if it's not mentioned on the website, people do it. Worth a shot but you'd probably want to do it sooner rather than later, since the cohorts are probably pretty well made up at this point

does anyone know if we can appeal if waitlisted?
if you are comfortable sharing, what school were you waitlisted for? Not sure if you can appeal a waitlist either, but sending positive vibes to you!!!

I've been waitlisted at Davis and rejected from UCI, so I feel ya lol

has anyone received an II for UCLA or UCSF?
The deadline for reapplicants is midnight tonight and UCLA won't send out any IIs until after the deadline. Most likely, we'll hear back sometime next week.

The deadline for reapplicants is midnight tonight and UCLA won't send out any IIs until after the deadline. Most likely, we'll hear back sometime next week.
The website does not appear to be working to allow me to submit my application to UCLA, even though the deadline hasn't passed yet. Is anyone else having this issue?

The website does not appear to be working to allow me to submit my application to UCLA, even though the deadline hasn't passed yet. Is anyone else having this issue?
Are you a reapplicant (applied to medical school previously)?

Are you a reapplicant (applied to medical school previously)?
Yes, I am a reapplicant. There was a glitch in their system yesterday and it ended up being resolved in the afternoon. I received an email from their office.

anyone know how lengthy the waitlists are for the UCD and UCI? In past forums, I read that UCSF's waitlist is about 5 ppl.

anyone know how lengthy the waitlists are for the UCD and UCI? In past forums, I read that UCSF's waitlist is about 5 ppl.
That's probably accurate, I know a handful of people on the UCD waitlist

Thank you! My science GPA is about a 3.5-3.6, MCAT 494.
just curious, were there other students in your interview panel that day interviewing as well or was it just you? Im hoping for an interview soon from them

Has anyone heard from UCSF?
You should join the GroupMe chat I set up, the link is a few posts back, tons of info there!!

UCSF has interviewed already and sending out admission decisions on the 24th, UCD is done with the cycle, UCI is done with the cycle, and UCLA is likely done also.

Hope that helps!