UF c/o 2014... It Begins!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
One of our regulars at the pharmacy told me I looked 14... :(

and when I volunteered at Miami Children's Hospital the security guard tried to stop me from going to the community resource office because he didn't think I was old enough to volunteer (age 16+)... double :(:(

I am 23.

In just a few more years, you will be thrilled to look 7 years younger than you really are...or 9 years younger per the person at the pharmacy.

I may not look like I am 14, but I act like it and that counts for something!

fenderbiz, beating me to the punch, eh? I had posted about truecrypt awhile back.

Another option which I wouldn't go out and buy...but you may just happen to already have it is Windows 7 Ultimate. It has something called "Bitlocker" built into it. It is also on Windows 7 Enterprise, but I doubt anyone has that. Bitlocker only encrypts the files you choose. So, I suppose it does not meet the "Whole Disk Encryption" requirement.

Although, technically, I don't know if this requirement even applies to us since it says, "Incoming students Fall ‘09 are required to have the hard drives encrypted on their personal laptops."

We are incoming students Fall '10 and we are clearly not Fall '09. Also, it does not say Fall '09 and later. I suppose it is pretty obvious that they want us to have it, but if you take them to court, I think you would have a winning case.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
You know, Dr. McKenzie never mentioned MMR in our interview session, and I was afraid to ask because I didn't want to seem like a show-off, lol. I think to avoid getting any shots (except the TDAP and flu), I'm going to get all my titers again. A fellow bassoonist got Guillain-Barre Syndrome from the H1N1 vaccine last year and he's no longer with us--I know the risk is very small, but I hate to take unnecessary chances. I'm not sure where my MMR records are...pretty sure I got that shot for FAU, back in 1992, but I've blocked out that period of history from my mind entirely.

My MD gave me an RX for prenatals when I was trying to get pregnant, and after Googling what was in them I was not surprised to see they were just super duper expensive Centrum. If I had extras lying around I'd take them just because it's costing money to let them sit around, lol. Good call!

Today was supposed to be deliberation day for the alternates. Maybe I'll have some news tomorrow (could be good or bad!).

A fellow bassoonist got Guillain-Barre Syndrome from the H1N1 vaccine last year and he's no longer with us--I know the risk is very small, but I hate to take unnecessary chances.

Today was supposed to be deliberation day for the alternates. Maybe I'll have some news tomorrow (could be good or bad!).

There is a possibility that the cause and effect relationship doesn't exist and your fellow bassoonist just happened to get Guillain-Barre Syndrome shortly after getting the H1N1 flu shot. I don't know much about it, maybe I am wrong, but if 1 in 10 million get Guillain-Barre Syndrome and 100 million people get H1N1 flu shots, then we would expect that approximatley 10 people who got the H1N1 flu shot would get Guillain-Barre Syndrome...assuming that they are completely independent events.

Regarding hearing the results of the deliberation for the alternates...I would guess that you won't hear for several days based on when people heard that they were conditionally accepted after their interviews...but you may hear tomorrow because they want to give you as much time as possible to get all or your "requirements" met. Our requirements are due July 1st. I believe that you will have longer since you were conditionally accepted so much later than us. But, UFCOP wants everyone's paperwork squared away as soon as they can just to be done with it.

Regarding hearing the results of the deliberation for the alternates...I would guess that you won't hear for several days based on when people heard that they were conditionally accepted after their interviews...but you may hear tomorrow because they want to give you as much time as possible to get all or your "requirements" met. Our requirements are due July 1st. I believe that you will have longer since you were conditionally accepted so much later than us. But, UFCOP wants everyone's paperwork squared away as soon as they can just to be done with it.

Blah...I know.:sleep: Thank God for music therapy...

Does anyone know anything about the comment below which was made by someone on one of the 2 Orlando Facebook pages:
As first years you guys are going to have to go to 1 day of a FBOP meeting one time before the end of the school year. There is going to be one in August 10-11 in Orlando. I would highly suggest going to this to meet classmate, and it is really convenient. The other meetings are spread out across FL and they seem to be... at very bad times (like right before finals or when you have a million tests). You should probably be getting an e-mail from someone soon if you haven't gotten one already.

http://www.doh.state.fl.us/Mqa/pharmacy/ph_meeting.html

scroll down a bit. Most likely 1PD's will have to go to the 2nd day... it is painfully boring...

My comments start here: Obviously, if you aren't going to the Orlando campus, then different meeting dates will be better for you. But, it would be nice to get it done before the academic year starts. But, I would hate to do it and then be told that we have to complete one day after the official start of school. It does sound suicidally boring. They ask you to turn off your cell phones, but I think that the only way to get through the day is to text all day long. Maybe read a book or something. Pulling my hair out one by one will only get me through so much of the day. At some point, I won't have any hair left and I really don't want to resort to sticking needles in my eyes. It really does sound like torture. Maybe we could get a waiver and spend a day at Guantanamo Bay instead.

My comments start here: Obviously, if you aren't going to the Orlando campus, then different meeting dates will be better for you. But, it would be nice to get it done before the academic year starts. But, I would hate to do it and then be told that we have to complete one day after the official start of school. It does sound suicidally boring. They ask you to turn off your cell phones, but I think that the only way to get through the day is to text all day long. Maybe read a book or something. Pulling my hair out one by one will only get me through so much of the day. At some point, I won't have any hair left and I really don't want to resort to sticking needles in my eyes. It really does sound like torture. Maybe we could get a waiver and spend a day at Guantanamo Bay instead.

I've been frantically making lists on everything you guys say needs to be done, just in case. It would sound like a way better plan for you all than in the middle of school!

lawl, anything that contributes to protein/nucleic acid synthesis will increase the risk of cancer.

My guess would be that excess folic acid would generate more of the one-carbon donors you mentioned above.....it would be equivalent (more or less) to the ingestion of a specific amount of alkylating agent (methyl bromide, etc.) on a regular basis. Alkyl halides are known carcinogens.

My guess would be that excess folic acid would generate more of the one-carbon donors you mentioned above.....it would be equivalent (more or less) to the ingestion of a specific amount of alkylating agent (methyl bromide, etc.) on a regular basis. Alkyl halides are known carcinogens.

You should have told them that back in the late 1990's when they started pushing the stuff. By "them" I mean the man. I hate the man. And, why did it take the man until now to figure out what you seem to have known all along? Folic acid, shmolic acid, I say!

Of course, to be fair and unbiased I also say cancer shmancer!

methylated THF is not a very potent methyl donor (like SAM), although i'm sure it is possible. the main reason it helps cancerous cells is that they are rapidly dividing, meaning they are consistently replicating their DNA. methylated THF is involved in forming the purine/pyrimidine rings and also is a cofactor for thymidylate synthetase, the enzyme that catalyzes the conversion of UMP to dTMP. this is why some of these patients are prescribed fluorouracil because it reacts with thymidylate synthetase and forms a covalent adduct... it's basically a noncompetitive inhibitor. i'd be interested to see if there is any literature on THF as an alkylating agent in the formation of cancerous cells.

One of our regulars at the pharmacy told me I looked 14... :(

and when I volunteered at Miami Children's Hospital the security guard tried to stop me from going to the community resource office because he didn't think I was old enough to volunteer (age 16+)... double :(:(

I am 23.

Well, former classmates of mine at college thought that I looked OLDER than I actually was. Guesses of my age always seemed to be in the 20-22 age range when in fact I was merely 17, but yesterday I turned 18. :highfive:

I've been frantically making lists on everything you guys say needs to be done, just in case. It would sound like a way better plan for you all than in the middle of school!

I really hope you get accepted :xf:. You seem to be a person that sincerely belongs in our class. GOOD LUCK :luck:

Members don't see this ad :)
You know, Dr. McKenzie never mentioned MMR in our interview session, and I was afraid to ask because I didn't want to seem like a show-off, lol. I think to avoid getting any shots (except the TDAP and flu), I'm going to get all my titers again. A fellow bassoonist got Guillain-Barre Syndrome from the H1N1 vaccine last year and he's no longer with us--I know the risk is very small, but I hate to take unnecessary chances. I'm not sure where my MMR records are...pretty sure I got that shot for FAU, back in 1992, but I've blocked out that period of history from my mind entirely.

My MD gave me an RX for prenatals when I was trying to get pregnant, and after Googling what was in them I was not surprised to see they were just super duper expensive Centrum. If I had extras lying around I'd take them just because it's costing money to let them sit around, lol. Good call!

I am sorry to hear about your friend. I find stuff like that scary myself, which is why I am kicking myself for not double checking the shot the doctor gave me. Though GBS is really only associated with the Flu vaccine, there is a risk with any vaccine if it is contaminated.

:luck::xf::luck: Maybe it is a good thing you are spending today with us, the day after deliberation!!! Hopefully we are your good luck charm.

I was looking at that myself. Unfortunately I won't be in town those days as things stand now. I saw the other dates and I will just have to make one of them work. I heard this from the other first years, that we will hear about this sometime this summer. Hopefully, we find out about it soon:D so we can make real plans. If not, it is another question to ask on the 18th...which I am hoping to go to!

I just created a checklist to double check myself along the way. Though the FLBOP has not been added since we haven't officially gotten that as a to do. I am terrified of missing something and then messing up my admission to UF.

Well, former classmates of mine at college thought that I looked OLDER than I actually was. Guesses of my age always seemed to be in the 20-22 age range when in fact I was merely 17, but yesterday I turned 18. :highfive:

Happy Belated Birthday!!!

methylated THF is not a very potent methyl donor (like SAM), although i'm sure it is possible. the main reason it helps cancerous cells is that they are rapidly dividing, meaning they are consistently replicating their DNA. methylated THF is involved in forming the purine/pyrimidine rings and also is a cofactor for thymidylate synthetase, the enzyme that catalyzes the conversion of UMP to dTMP. this is why some of these patients are prescribed fluorouracil because it reacts with thymidylate synthetase and forms a covalent adduct... it's basically a noncompetitive inhibitor. i'd be interested to see if there is any literature on THF as an alkylating agent in the formation of cancerous cells.

I am impressed.....i assume you are a practicing biochemist or, at least, have graduate training in biochemistry. I wish I knew biochemistry better than I do.....thanks for challenging my idea.....

What you discuss above is important for the cancer to grow, but not for the initial genetic mutation to occur that starts the cancer. I did a very quick search on google and found that research is being done on the relationship between dietary folate and DNA methylation. You can take a look at the following link (to an abstract for the journal of oncology).....

http://www.jco.ascopubs.org/cgi/content/abstract/22/22/4632

Let me know what you think......

Just got home from the Orlando CPR class!!!!

It was great meeting everyone!! I wish I had gotten to talk to more of you, but I am sure over the next four or so years we will have a few conversations to make up for missing today!!!

One more thing checked off the list!

I was just curious who on here will be going to Gainesville?

Hey guys, I haven't posted on this thread for a long time. I just got conditionally accepted to the UF campus at Jacksonville!

Hi everyone. I'd been gone for a while. I just got a conditional acceptance letter today. However, I have a second thought about UF. I got accepted to LECOM a while back. I choose UF because it's only 20 miles from my house. I choose LECOM for the education. What do you guys think about their distance learning program? We wont' have much experience at the 3 campuses. I want to have a chance to interact with other classmates and learn from them. At LECOM, I will have so much time for group discussions( not online forums). Nevertheless, it will cost me about 60K than UF. What do you guys think?

Hey guys, I haven't posted on this thread for a long time. I just got conditionally accepted to the UF campus at Jacksonville!

Congratulations!!!:soexcited:

I'm at the Gainesville campus.

Last edited:
Hi everyone. I'd been gone for a while. I just got a conditional acceptance letter today. However, I have a second thought about UF. I got accepted to LECOM a while back. I choose UF because it's only 20 miles from my house. I choose LECOM for the education. What do you guys think about their distance learning program? We wont' have much experience at the 3 campuses. I want to have a chance to interact with other classmates and learn from them. At LECOM, I will have so much time for group discussions( not online forums). Nevertheless, it will cost me about 60K than UF. What do you guys think?

I would go with UF, I am biased of course...UF was the ONLY school that I applied to. It was the only school that I ever considered going to, but you have to make your own decision. Good luck and I know you will make the best choice. Just be happy.;)

lol you're seriously debating between UF and LECOM? From what I understood you meet twice a week and have group discussions so I'll think you'll have the chance to interact with your classmates...lol...and when it comes to providing the best education UF wins hands down...the best thing about the distance campus is you don't have to go to class you just have to show up for tests and quizzes...I haven't been to class for undergrad since my sophomore year so this works out perfectly for me...lol...besides from what I heard no one at the Gainesville campus goes to class anyway...as long as you're disciplined and don't let the lectures pile up on you have nothing to worry about...you know you want to be a GATOR!!!

lol you're seriously debating between UF and LECOM? From what I understood you meet twice a week and have group discussions so I'll think you'll have the chance to interact with your classmates...lol...and when it comes to providing the best education UF wins hands down...the best thing about the distance campus is you don't have to go to class you just have to show up for tests and quizzes...I haven't been to class for undergrad since my sophomore year so this works out perfectly for me...lol...besides from what I heard no one at the Gainesville campus goes to class anyway...as long as you're disciplined and don't let the lectures pile up on you have nothing to worry about...you know you want to be a GATOR!!!

Thanks! What kind of group discussion? Would other students show up? I also want to get away from my family for a while. In addition, LECOM gives you a second chance in case you fail your final; you may retake it. Let's say I choose UF and fail a final. I would lose everything. It's the main reason why I want to go to LECOM, besides attending lectures. I just want to buy myself a safety net.

Thanks! What kind of group discussion? Would other students show up? I also want to get away from my family for a while. In addition, LECOM gives you a second chance in case you fail your final; you may retake it. Let's say I choose UF and fail a final. I would lose everything. It's the main reason why I want to go to LECOM, besides attending lectures. I just want to buy myself a safety net.

Yes other students are required to show up. There are case studies, group discussions, guest lectures, so we won't just be on campus to take tests and quizzes, but we won't be in class for lectures, so if that important to you then you won't get that at distance campuses. Also, based on my understanding you don't get kicked out with your first failed class, which for them is anything below a C, they have academic probation and chances to raise your GPA as well. The academic standards also state that we must repeat any required pharmacy school courses with an E prior to graduation, which also does not indicate you will dismissed automatically for failing a class.

Where did you hear that?

Yes other students are required to show up. There are case studies, group discussions, guest lectures, so we won't just be on campus to take tests and quizzes, but we won't be in class for lectures, so if that important to you then you won't get that at distance campuses. Also, based on my understanding you don't get kicked out with your first failed class, which for them is anything below a C, they have academic probation and chances to raise your GPA as well. The academic standards also state that we must repeat any required pharmacy school courses with an E prior to graduation, which also does not indicate you will dismissed automatically for failing a class.

Where did you hear that?

Apparently, I don't know much about this program. How many times do we meet a week? At LECOM, we have more room for discussions, but it will cost me about 60K more. I also want to move out because I've been a dependent since I was born(I'm now 21). It's not that I want to rebel or anything, I just need some space. What if we fail a course at UF? What are our choices? Thank for your advice.

Apparently, I don't know much about this program. How many times do we meet a week? At LECOM, we have more room for discussions, but it will cost me about 60K more. I also want to move out because I've been a dependent since I was born(I'm now 21). It's not that I want to rebel or anything, I just need some space. What if we fail a course at UF? What are our choices? Thank for your advice.

On the conditional admit letter there is a link to a form that is listed as academic and conduct standards, it lays out the policies and procedures for what happens when you don't pass a class and what steps are taken from there.

Are you at a distance campus? If so which one? I was sent this year's academic calendar for the Orlando campus and it details when and where each year is meeting. The first years meet anywhere from 2-4 times per week for various things as listed before. That also doesn't include individual study groups that develop out of such a close knit group. Or the professional organizations that you can become a part of on campus or the other social activities.

On the conditional admit letter there is a link to a form that is listed as academic and conduct standards, it lays out the policies and procedures for what happens when you don't pass a class and what steps are taken from there.

Are you at a distance campus? If so which one? I was sent this year's academic calendar for the Orlando campus and it details when and where each year is meeting. The first years meet anywhere from 2-4 times per week for various things as listed before. That also doesn't include individual study groups that develop out of such a close knit group. Or the professional organizations that you can become a part of on campus or the other social activities.

I've been assigned to the St. Pete campus. How many lectures do we have a week? Will we start with Biochemistry? Our campuses have only about 60 students, so there won't be too many study groups.

I've been assigned to the St. Pete campus. How many lectures do we have a week? Will we start with Biochemistry? Our campuses have only about 60 students, so there won't be too many study groups.

http://www.cop.ufl.edu/studaff/f10/1pdg.pdf This is the lecture schedule at Gainsville, 2-3 hours after their lecture, it will be available for us to see.

Can you find the c/o 2013 page for the St. Pete campus or someone from the 2014 class that has obtained the schedules so you could see how often they are on campus?

And, I don't think there will be many study groups, but one large one of nearly 60 students that meets fairly regularly. At least, that is how the Orlando 1PDs described it. :laugh: They said since it is such a small group the people become like family.

I am impressed.....i assume you are a practicing biochemist or, at least, have graduate training in biochemistry. I wish I knew biochemistry better than I do.....thanks for challenging my idea.....

What you discuss above is important for the cancer to grow, but not for the initial genetic mutation to occur that starts the cancer. I did a very quick search on google and found that research is being done on the relationship between dietary folate and DNA methylation. You can take a look at the following link (to an abstract for the journal of oncology).....

http://www.jco.ascopubs.org/cgi/content/abstract/22/22/4632

Let me know what you think......

thank you for the complement and the link! i actually just graduated undergrad but took biochemistry II in my last semester which focuses on all of the major metabolic pathways, which is why i know such detailed info about them. i'll comment again after i read through some literature tomorrow.

Just got home from the Orlando CPR class!!!!

It was great meeting everyone!! I wish I had gotten to talk to more of you, but I am sure over the next four or so years we will have a few conversations to make up for missing today!!!

One more thing checked off the list!

Jackie I just want to complement you on how well behaved your children were! I thought it was hilarious how when we were about to take the "exam" and you told them "NO VOLUME" on the nintendo DS. Halfway through the test I heard the mario coin noise :laugh:

anyways, it was a good time and I enjoyed meeting everyone.

Jackie I just want to complement you on how well behaved your children were! I thought it was hilarious how when we were about to take the "exam" and you told them "NO VOLUME" on the nintendo DS. Halfway through the test I heard the mario coin noise :laugh:

anyways, it was a good time and I enjoyed meeting everyone.

I heard it TOO!!!:laugh:

If I had heard it prior to the test I would have said something but talking during the test felt wrong! They are really great kids, best friends and in my girl scout troop since first grade. I would love to claim them both as mine but the taller one is my daughter, Angel. Though my girl scouts are such a part of my life and have been for so long they all feel like *mine*.

I thought it was awesome meeting everyone as well, I wish we had all more time to talk but I suppose business first!!! It definitely will relieve some of the anxiety on the first day to know each other!

Hey guys, guess what!

It's peanut butter jelly time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:banana:

Got an acceptance to Jacksonville!! Whoohoo!!!!!!

Hey guys, guess what!

Jax??? I thought we had a deal in place for you to go to Orlando? Did we accidentlally pay off the wrong people? I want my money back!!!

Congrats!!! Jax will be all the better off with you.

Are you at a distance campus? If so which one? I was sent this year's academic calendar for the Orlando campus and it details when and where each year is meeting. The first years meet anywhere from 2-4 times per week for various things as listed before.

I must have missed that. I have been waiting for that info so that I know what days and what times of those days I will be unable to do anything else.

All I saw was a list of the classes we will be taking.

Can you let me know where to find that precious info?

I have a second thought about UF. I got accepted to LECOM a while back. I choose UF because it's only 20 miles from my house. I choose LECOM for the education. What do you guys think about their distance learning program? We wont' have much experience at the 3 campuses. I want to have a chance to interact with other classmates and learn from them. At LECOM, I will have so much time for group discussions( not online forums). Nevertheless, it will cost me about 60K than UF. What do you guys think?

At the distance campuses, all group discussions have mandatory attendence. Of course, we do rotations at pharmacies as well for about a year (when we don't go to campus at all.) UF is better hands (and feet) down! The ONLY difference of a distance campus versus GVille is that in GVille, the 150 students get broken into smaller groups whereas at the distance campuses the 50 students attend everything together. We do the same stuff. By the third week of school, very, very few students attend class in GVille, they watch the classes on-line at their convenience (and in their pajamas) like the distance students.

Of course, the real difference from GVille to distance campuses has nothing to do with academics. GVille has football games, keg parties, thousands and thousands of students. The Orlando campus has 50 students surrounded by grass and trees for miles and miles (slight exaggeration here.)

Hey guys, guess what!

:soexcited::highfive:That is awesome you got an acceptance though :thumbdown: to not being in Orlando. I knew it would be a good idea for you to do the CPR class, one less thing to get done right? Do you have the same July 1st deadline we do?

Jax??? I thought we had a deal in place for you to go to Orlando? Did we accidentlally pay off the wrong people? I want my money back!!!

Congrats!!! Jax will be all the better off with you.

I wonder if anyone new got accepted to Orlando? Perhaps you gave them the wrong name that you were paying them off for?:D

I must have missed that. I have been waiting for that info so that I know what days and what times of those days I will be unable to do anything else.

All I saw was a list of the classes we will be taking.

Can you let me know where to find that precious info?

I was refering to the past year's schedule that I have already. This year's schedule isn't up yet, Tracy even referenced that in her email.

At the distance campuses, all group discussions have mandatory attendence. Of course, we do rotations at pharmacies as well for about a year (when we don't go to campus at all.) UF is better hands (and feet) down! The ONLY difference of a distance campus versus GVille is that in GVille, the 150 students get broken into smaller groups whereas at the distance campuses the 50 students attend everything together. We do the same stuff. By the third week of school, very, very few students attend class in GVille, they watch the classes on-line at their convenience (and in their pajamas) like the distance students.

Of course, the real difference from GVille to distance campuses has nothing to do with academics. GVille has football games, keg parties, thousands and thousands of students. The Orlando campus has 50 students surrounded by grass and trees for miles and miles (slight exaggeration here.)

And miles and miles and miles....well there is a publix too...

Hey guys, guess what!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!:welcome:to the class of 2014!!!

I wonder if anyone new got accepted to Orlando? Perhaps you gave them the wrong name that you were paying them off for?:D

And miles and miles and miles....well there is a publix too...

You are probably right. Since I only know her "studentdoctor name" they may have put the wrong person in Orlando. I should have said the Preying Mantis playing the bassoon...that would have been a good unique identifier.

Regarding the Orlando campus, in all fairness, a few blocks away there is an outdoor playground which the students often hang out at when the weather is nice (you know, the 2 months of the year that are not summer in Florida.) So, a Publix AND a kids playground... and grass and trees for miles and miles and miles...what more could you want on a University campus? We have it all!!!

And you are awesome, my friend! Thanks for your encouragement!!

Congrats to all of us that FINALLY made it in! Thanks Jackie, Howard, Fenderbiz, for all your encouragement. And thanks again Jackie for putting together the CPR class. I'm sorry I couldn't make lunch, but I'm hoping you guys will invite me to another get together in Orlando that I can talk to everyone. My deadline for paperwork is extended to Aug 1st, but yes, I have a leg up on things! If you all hear anything more about this FBOP meeting requirement let me know.

Howard (D), I didn't get a chance to talk to you but I was the only redhead at the CPR class...right in front of you. I would have said something but that CPR chick was hardcore tough on the 'no talking' it seemed (didn't she bitch at you at one point? I almost started laughing!). Orlando was my 1st choice, and my friend's too, but she got into Jacksonville as well, so maybe it was preordained. LOL, the issue is the Orlando campus is all so happy no one bailed!

Lisa

You are probably right. Since I only know her "studentdoctor name" they may have put the wrong person in Orlando. I should have said the Preying Mantis playing the bassoon...that would have been a good unique identifier.

Regarding the Orlando campus, in all fairness, a few blocks away there is an outdoor playground which the students often hang out at when the weather is nice (you know, the 2 months of the year that are not summer in Florida.) So, a Publix AND a kids playground... and grass and trees for miles and miles and miles...what more could you want on a University campus? We have it all!!!

Well she was at the CPR class, I got to meet her!!! And I even know her name!!! Alas, a moment in time too late since she already got accepted elsewhere... There is always orientation.

Blast!!! My arch nemesis got MT2RX! Well played, fenderbiz...well played!!!

:laugh:

Lol, it's not an exaggeration! :laugh:

Well there is a Publix and a playground...

Congrats to all of us that FINALLY made it in! Thanks Jackie, Howard, Fenderbiz, for all your encouragement. And thanks again Jackie for putting together the CPR class. I'm sorry I couldn't make lunch, but I'm hoping you guys will invite me to another get together in Orlando that I can talk to everyone. My deadline for paperwork is extended to Aug 1st, but yes, I have a leg up on things! If you all hear anything more about this FBOP meeting requirement let me know.

Howard (D), I didn't get a chance to talk to you but I was the only redhead at the CPR class...right in front of you. I would have said something but that CPR chick was hardcore tough on the 'no talking' it seemed (didn't she bitch at you at one point? I almost started laughing!). Orlando was my 1st choice, and my friend's too, but she got into Jacksonville as well, so maybe it was preordained. LOL, the issue is the Orlando campus is all so happy no one bailed!

Lisa
I am glad you have till August to get everything together, but I think the CPR class was the biggest stumbling block for most of us with getting the paperwork done, well most of us that didn't get the wrong shot (I mean really, who does that:rolleyes:).

As for another lunch, I am all for that. When do you think you will be moving? We can definitely plan a get together. I know the Orlando group has a Q&A next week, so doing it before the session is too soon, but maybe the second one in July? Any thoughts on that?

Lisa

She didn't bitch at me for talking. She was upset that I was taking notes rather than having my eyes on the TV. She said that they could give me some summary pages that would have all the info which I was writing. I just wanted her to shut up since I was having a hard enough time writing notes while watching the video...without having to talk to her too!

Taking the notes help me learn it ... even if I never read the notes. I may or may not save them. I guess I won't since I spoke to the CPR man after class and he said that they are coming out with new guidelines this (or next) year. I did read over my notes a few times to keep some details straight before the test.

I guess I did notice you. Pardon my lack of girl speak, but did you have straightish wavy hair? Pretty thick and poofed out? (Versus a ponytail or headband or "hair held in place effect.")

Maybe you can act as a secret agent for me and help me win against my arch rival, fenderbiz. Pretend to befriend him and share all of his evil plans with me. Also, let me know what his achilles heel is.