UF c/o 2014... It Begins!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Paperwork is sent!!!

So now I get to anxiously await the email stating my file is complete. At least I got delivery confirmation on it so I will know they recieved it.

Members don't see this ad.

Paperwork is sent!!!

So now I get to anxiously await the email stating my file is complete. At least I got delivery confirmation on it so I will know they recieved it.

Yay! I sent mine Saturday and also got the delivery confirmation! I can't wait to get that email and let out a sigh of relief! lol

yeah, mine was delivered on the 18th! As far as financial aid goes, when I look at ISIS it just says that they received my Fafsa in Feb and no further action is required... is this all we need to do then? I'm clueless when it comes to this financial aid stuff :(

Members don't see this ad :)
yeah, mine was delivered on the 18th! As far as financial aid goes, when I look at ISIS it just says that they received my Fafsa in Feb and no further action is required... is this all we need to do then? I'm clueless when it comes to this financial aid stuff :(

Marcy sent an e-mail to everyone containing this, among other things: "Your aid will be processed in early August and you will be sent email notices of awards with instructions at that time."

Marcy sent an e-mail to everyone containing this, among other things: "Your aid will be processed in early August and you will be sent email notices of awards with instructions at that time."

yeah i got that, thanks! Just was checking to make sure fafsa was all i needed to complete but from what i have read it seems so

So now that paperwork is complete (or hopefully nearly complete) what are your plans for the rest of the summer?

My husband and I just booked a short cruise for the two of us (we have never taken a vacation just the two of us), we are on a vacation now (doing a bunch of local stuff with the kids, zoo, aquarium etc...) and will be driving up to Wisconsin right before school starts to get my older daughter from her dad... So a busy summer...

Anyone else doing something exciting?

So now that paperwork is complete (or hopefully nearly complete) what are your plans for the rest of the summer?

My husband and I just booked a short cruise for the two of us (we have never taken a vacation just the two of us), we are on a vacation now (doing a bunch of local stuff with the kids, zoo, aquarium etc...) and will be driving up to Wisconsin right before school starts to get my older daughter from her dad... So a busy summer...

Yes I will be hopefully taking a 5 day cruise to the Bahamas the first week of August!

Yes I will be hopefully taking a 5 day cruise to the Bahamas the first week of August!

To everyone going on cruises (and to fenderbiz who is going to the Bahamas, but probably not via cruise) I envy you...a lot!!!

You probably already know this, but just in case you don't, keep in mind that the general rule of thumb is that you gain 1 pound for each day of the cruise. That is the downside of a buffet for every meal with unlimited snacks and room service between meals.

I hope to go on a 3 or 4 day cruise sometime next year, and I am already excited about it.

We are taking a four day cruise that goes to Key West and Cozumel... I am really excited, just because my husband and I have never done something like this before.

To everyone going on cruises (and to fenderbiz who is going to the Bahamas, but probably not via cruise) I envy you...a lot!!!

You probably already know this, but just in case you don't, keep in mind that the general rule of thumb is that you gain 1 pound for each day of the cruise. That is the downside of a buffet for every meal with unlimited snacks and room service between meals.

I hope to go on a 3 or 4 day cruise sometime next year, and I am already excited about it.

Are you taking your kids or just you and your wife?

As for the food, it depends on which cruise line and if you are picky/allergic or have dietary restrictions... We have been on 3 cruises together, two with Disney, one with Celebrity. Disney is great, because it caters to a younger crowd the food was more of the things I would like, but it completely lacked in the fresh fruit and vegetable department. Celebrity had an abundance of fresh fruit and vegetables (though I found a moldy piece of fruit on one of the fruit displays) but the dinners were too fancy for my husband and I. We would sit there with my family and play with the food on the plate, then go back to room and order a regular sandwich. I think it was partly due to the fact is was a European cruise, which yields more exotic food.... I have been told that other cruiselines such as Royal Caribbean and Carnival are somewhere in the middle of those two extremes, but I have never been on either.. The cruise coming up is on Carnival.

Are you taking your kids or just you and your wife?

As for the food, it depends on which cruise line and if you are picky/allergic or have dietary restrictions... We have been on 3 cruises together, two with Disney, one with Celebrity. Disney is great, because it caters to a younger crowd the food was more of the things I would like, but it completely lacked in the fresh fruit and vegetable department. Celebrity had an abundance of fresh fruit and vegetables (though I found a moldy piece of fruit on one of the fruit displays) but the dinners were too fancy for my husband and I. We would sit there with my family and play with the food on the plate, then go back to room and order a regular sandwich. I think it was partly due to the fact is was a European cruise, which yields more exotic food.... I have been told that other cruiselines such as Royal Caribbean and Carnival are somewhere in the middle of those two extremes, but I have never been on either.. The cruise coming up is on Carnival.

Yes, taking the 2 kids. Probably a Disney Cruise. We did a 7 day honeymoon cruise (first cruise for either of us.) I believe it was Royal Carribean. It was on a new boat under a year old with a rock climbing wall...which I didn't use...and an ice skating rink which you can't skate on, you just watch an ice skating show on it.

I like to try everything once. Especially, the desserts. I would order one of each of the 4 desserts every dinner and try to eat as much of it as I could. Boy was the food fancy (by my standards.)

I can't relate to not enough fruit and vegetables. You just ask them to bring you anything you want, even if it is not on the menu...something as simple as fruit or vegetables, they should have been able to do that for you.

But....aren't you an American? If so, what do you even mean by fruit and vegetables? Americans eat processed food. My personal favorite is taking something as healthy as a potato and cutting it into strips and deep frying it. Or baking it and stuffing it with butter and sour cream. Or vegetables slathered in butter sauce.

Let's see, how else can we take the world's healthiest foods and make them as unhealthy as possible? Potatoes do have an unusually high glycemic index, but other than that, they taste just fine all by themselves!

Yes, taking the 2 kids. Probably a Disney Cruise. We did a 7 day honeymoon cruise (first cruise for either of us.) I believe it was Royal Carribean. It was on a new boat under a year old with a rock climbing wall...which I didn't use...and an ice skating rink which you can't skate on, you just watch an ice skating show on it.

I like to try everything once. Especially, the desserts. I would order one of each of the 4 desserts every dinner and try to eat as much of it as I could. Boy was the food fancy (by my standards.)

I can't relate to not enough fruit and vegetables. You just ask them to bring you anything you want, even if it is not on the menu...something as simple as fruit or vegetables, they should have been able to do that for you.

But....aren't you an American? If so, what do you even mean by fruit and vegetables? Americans eat processed food. My personal favorite is taking something as healthy as a potato and cutting it into strips and deep frying it. Or baking it and stuffing it with butter and sour cream. Or vegetables slathered in butter sauce.

Let's see, how else can we take the world's healthiest foods and make them as unhealthy as possible? Potatoes do have an unusually high glycemic index, but other than that, they taste just fine all by themselves!

As for not enough fruits and vegetables on disney, well on Disney the cater to kids, and therefore have a few types of fruits that are generally the most popular for kids (melon, banana etc...)..which on a 7 day cruise, gets a little old.

And I am an american, but I have food allergies and I am picky about food (don't like anything fancy or exotic)...so that made it difficult on the cruise.

Disney cruises are fabulous with the kids, and good call on waiting till your younger one is 3...we did it when my little one was 1...it was rough.

Members don't see this ad :)
As for not enough fruits and vegetables on disney, well on Disney the cater to kids, and therefore have a few types of fruits that are generally the most popular for kids (melon, banana etc...)..which on a 7 day cruise, gets a little old.

And I am an american, but I have food allergies and I am picky about food (don't like anything fancy or exotic)...so that made it difficult on the cruise.

Disney cruises are fabulous with the kids, and good call on waiting till your younger one is 3...we did it when my little one was 1...it was rough.

My 2 and 4 year olds love blueberries, cherries, grapes, and strawberries. Not huge fans of watermelon...really don't care for honeydew and cantaloupe...so I am surprised to hear you say that kids usually love melon.

I was kidding about the being American thing. I always complain to my wife about "those spoiled Americans." I was just saying that I am surprised to hear an American say that they want fruits and vegetables as that is not the standard junk food American diet...which we are unfortunately successfully exporting to the rest of the world. Middle school children in the US are getting Type II (used to be called "adult") Diabetes. Not that I am one to talk. I tell my 5 year old that I am a "junky boy" since I eat so much junk... and she is young enough that I can still force her not to eat too much junk (even though I do it in front of her.)

So, am I a hippocrit? Maybe, but let's face it, ice cream, chocolate...and desserts on cruises? With those temptations, how can I not be?

I kept telling my wife that I would take care of the 1 or 2 year old if she would go on a cruise...she knows better than to believe me and she didn't want to spend her cruise carrying an infant everywhere.

Got my confirmation on paperwork today from Elizabeth Rivera. Sooo excited! (I sent my paperwork in on Thursday, it was received Saturday for those wondering how long it takes them to sort through it all)

Paperwork is sent!!!

Your paperwork is in? That's great. When I mailed in my packet, I sent it with a delivery confirmation from the post office (best thing I ever did) that way, I know the post office delivered it. It took a while for UF to confirm delivery, almost two weeks I think.

ROAD TRIP!!! To Toronto, never been, always wanted to go. I am currently on the road now.

My 2 and 4 year olds love blueberries, cherries, grapes, and strawberries. Not huge fans of watermelon...really don't care for honeydew and cantaloupe...so I am surprised to hear you say that kids usually love melon....
I was kidding about the being American thing. I always complain to my wife about "those spoiled Americans." I was just saying that I am surprised to hear an American say that they want fruits and vegetables ....
I kept telling my wife that I would take care of the 1 or 2 year old if she would go on a cruise...she knows better than to believe me and she didn't want to spend her cruise carrying an infant everywhere.
Lily LOVES everything fruit wise, not such a fan of veggies, but we are working on it. Angel is good with both. Our family's favorite restaurant is Sweet Tomatoes. Most kids I know LOVE melon...all types...but watermelon is definitely a top 5 for most kids I know...even those that hate produce in general...
As for a 1 year old on a cruise...that was a LOT of work. We are waiting for our next family cruise till the little one is 3...they can go to the kids club then and I can get five minutes to breathe!!! BTW Disney has a new ship debuting next year.

Your paperwork is in? That's great. When I mailed in my packet, I sent it with a delivery confirmation from the post office (best thing I ever did) that way, I know the post office delivered it. It took a while for UF to confirm delivery, almost two weeks I think.
That is why I did delivery confirmation...I wanted to know they got it, it is piece of mind, one less thing to worry about.

ROAD TRIP!!! To Toronto, never been, always wanted to go. I am currently on the road now.
We are taking a road trip to Wisconsin in August right before orientation...should be fun. I haven't been to Toronto either...hope you have lots of fun!! Did you go alone or with family?
Got my confirmation on paperwork today from Elizabeth Rivera. Sooo excited! (I sent my paperwork in on Thursday, it was received Saturday for those wondering how long it takes them to sort through it all)
Good to know...I will start looking for confirmation next week then!

Well some students at the interview date said it wasn't free, but I talked to another rising 2PD and he said his version was the free one. He also said they may change the requirements for our group so I should ask at the Q&A on Friday.

Responseware for quizes...I think its like $35?

Yay!! Just got my email today confirming that they received all of my paperwork!!

Hey everyone!

Looks like you all have some fun plans...my fun plan? To not go ANYWHERE, lol. If you're going or staying...enjoy!

Just got back from visiting my family in Buffalo and my Iphone got stolen by Orlando International Security...and I'm not EVEN joking...6 weeks after I'd bought it. :mad: I guess we all should watch them like hawks. I SO couldn't believe it that I assumed I'd left my phone in the car in the airport even though I distinctly remember putting it in my bag. The point here is, don't ever give them ANY reason to go through your bag...say...don't leave a huge ass can of hairspray in there...:smuggrin:

BTW, I'm not getting a new Iphone...I'm just going to wait and see what happens with this requirement thing. Hey Howard, you have any of those Ipod touches left?

Hey everyone!

Looks like you all have some fun plans...my fun plan? To not go ANYWHERE, lol. If you're going or staying...enjoy!

Just got back from visiting my family in Buffalo and my Iphone got stolen by Orlando International Security...and I'm not EVEN joking...6 weeks after I'd bought it. :mad: I guess we all should watch them like hawks. I SO couldn't believe it that I assumed I'd left my phone in the car in the airport even though I distinctly remember putting it in my bag. The point here is, don't ever give them ANY reason to go through your bag...say...don't leave a huge ass can of hairspray in there...:smuggrin:

BTW, I'm not getting a new Iphone...I'm just going to wait and see what happens with this requirement thing. Hey Howard, you have any of those Ipod touches left?

That is HORRIBLE!!!

As for the requirements, they already posted that we are required to have an iPhone, iPod Touch or an iPad, but if we buy the iPad and it stops working, then we are required to buy one of the other items immediatly...

Hey everyone!

I would follow up on that. The TSA employees are Federal Employees ... with Federal Healthcare and retirement...not a job they want to lose. Also, I would think they are all on video. File a police report and report it to the airport...

I have plenty of iTouches and I would sell you one at my cost (I don't believe in making money from friends.) The cheapest one I got was $70 and you could either leave it with the cracked screen, or replace it with a new screen for another $15. The power button is a bit quirky and you have to try several times to turn it on or off...it is annoying, but it always works without too much trouble.

Personally, I would recommend paying around $100 to get one in perfect condition.

Surprisingly, cracked screens don't bother you at all. The one I use many, many times a day with my To Do list and Calandar has a massively cracked screen and once you get used to it, you don't even notice it. It just doesn't look cool. I will replace the screen eventually, but I am completely unmotivated since there is truly no benefit fixing the screen.

That is HORRIBLE!!!

As for the requirements, they already posted that we are required to have an iPhone, iPod Touch or an iPad, but if we buy the iPad and it stops working, then we are required to buy one of the other items immediatly...

Where exactly does it say that, lol? Howard...I'll check on a new Ipod Touch. It would be a miracle if my Iphone actually showed up somewhere.

Where exactly does it say that, lol? Howard...I'll check on a new Ipod Touch. It would be a miracle if my Iphone actually showed up somewhere.

http://coplin.cop.ufl.edu/students/resources/requirements/

Those are our requirements...

A new iPod touch will run about $200...I think he meant he has one that runs like new that he bought for $100 and will sell to you for $100...if I understood correctly..

http://coplin.cop.ufl.edu/students/resources/requirements/

Those are our requirements...

A new iPod touch will run about $200...I think he meant he has one that runs like new that he bought for $100 and will sell to you for $100...if I understood correctly..

That is correct. Also, keep in mind that the 4th generation is coming out soon...I think in July. So, if you buy new, if you wait a few weeks, you will get the latest and greatest at the same price as buying today.

However, currently, the $200 model is a 8 Gig 2nd generation with newer 3rd generation OS (Operating System.) A true 3rd generation will be $300 with 32 Gig...so they may do something like that in July and make the 4th Generation start at $300...but then for $200 you may get a true 3rd generation instead of a 2nd generation. One huge benefit of the true 3rd generation is being able to run multiple apps at once.

You can always put 3rd generation OS on any iTouch for $4.95 so that is a non issue...but only the current $300 32 Gig or $400 64 Gig are true 3rd generation hardware which are capable of running multiple apps at once.

For UFCOP purposes, I totally recommend paying $100 for a great condition 2nd generation which will more than meet your needs...and then when we go on rotations in 2 1/2 years, get a newer one then if you think you will use it...that will blow todays latest model out of the water! [Since 2 1/2 years in computer technology time is equivalent to about 10 years (or more) in normal time.]

That is correct. Also, keep in mind that the 4th generation is coming out soon...I think in July. So, if you buy new, if you wait a few weeks, you will get the latest and greatest at the same price as buying today.

I wonder if Apple's "buy a macbook, get a free iPod Touch" promo will update to include a 4th gen model around that time. Thanks for the tip.

I wonder if Apple's "buy a macbook, get a free iPod Touch" promo will update to include a 4th gen model around that time. Thanks for the tip.

I was at the Apple Website and the 4th Gen OS for iTouch is available now...and it is a FREE upgrade for all 2nd or 3rd Gen iTouches...so maybe, they won't make a 4th gen of hardware...but reading on-line, people are saying that there will be a 4th Gen hardware iTouch and it will have a 5 megapixal camera. I will try calling Apple later today to find out for sure.

Not sure if you guys can help me or not... for those mac users out there.. I was wondering if we are required to have windows running on our mac. I was thinking about getting the parallels software and running windows simultaneously on my mac... but before I do so, I wanted to see if it was truly required or not. Thanks!

Not sure if you guys can help me or not... for those mac users out there.. I was wondering if we are required to have windows running on our mac. I was thinking about getting the parallels software and running windows simultaneously on my mac... but before I do so, I wanted to see if it was truly required or not. Thanks!

Actually, I am sure that you do NOT need to be able to run windows on your Mac. The ONLY time you need it is to do a few things at the beginning of the year. Orientation/setup type stuff. Do some online training or something. You can borrow a fellow student's laptop to do these tasks and you will never need to run Windows again.

I got this information from current 1PD's and 2PD's at the Orlando Question and Answer session. Some of them have Mac's and are not capable of running windows on their laptops and they have been fine.

One day left to get your paperwork in!!! Anyone still not mailed it in yet?

Does anyone have any idea when the schedules are going to come out for fall (for Distance Campuses, particularly Orlando)?? I am hoping soon, I feel like I am in limbo...

Does anyone have any idea when the schedules are going to come out for fall (for Distance Campuses, particularly Orlando)?? I am hoping soon, I feel like I am in limbo...

Penny emailed me today to say that my transcripts have been received and all prereqs are fulfilled :)

Penny emailed me today to say that my transcripts have been received and all prereqs are fulfilled :)

That's awesome!!! What about your other paperwork intern app, immunization form etc...?? That paperwork I was anxious about because I didn't want to do all this work not to get in because I forgot a piece of the paperwork.

I can only speak for the St. Pete campus, but at the open house yesterday we were told that the schedules would not be available for awhile (Aug. 1st), but the students hinted that they would most likely not be available until later (very close to when school starts).

They are making changes to the E-Learning system (a little) and won't finalize the schedule until that is done and it is apparently fairly challenging to arrange for all the preceptors and content experts needed for the satellite campuses...... I just want to know when we have to be on campus so I can start looking for a job that will work around that schedule......

Actually, I am sure that you do NOT need to be able to run windows on your Mac. The ONLY time you need it is to do a few things at the beginning of the year. Orientation/setup type stuff. Do some online training or something. You can borrow a fellow student's laptop to do these tasks and you will never need to run Windows again.

I got this information from current 1PD's and 2PD's at the Orlando Question and Answer session. Some of them have Mac's and are not capable of running windows on their laptops and they have been fine.

Thanks so much! that really helps =)

First of all Let me thank you all for the information that you have been putting out. I have been following this thread for months getting useful information and planning ahead so thank you. I was wondering if you know of any threads starting for the class of 2015, I am applying on the current cycle and am not too sure if they started popping up yet. Thanks again and good luck i hope to see you in a couple years.

First of all Let me thank you all for the information that you have been putting out. I have been following this thread for months getting useful information and planning ahead so thank you. I was wondering if you know of any threads starting for the class of 2015, I am applying on the current cycle and am not too sure if they started popping up yet. Thanks again and good luck i hope to see you in a couple years.

I haven't seen that thread come up yet, but you could always be the first to post it!!! You can post comments/questions there or here, either way I sure you will get a response!

Hey Orlando gang, when you had your Open House did you find out any more on that FDOP meeting (lol whatever that is) we need to go to? Is that a for sure requirement? If so, I sure wouldn't mind going to that--Aug 10-11th?

Hey Orlando gang, when you had your Open House did you find out any more on that FDOP meeting (lol whatever that is) we need to go to? Is that a for sure requirement? If so, I sure wouldn't mind going to that--Aug 10-11th?

We asked about it at the Orlando Q & A session and it is a for sure thing. They will officially tell us about it later in the summer (and I assume before the August 11 Orlando date.)

The non-Orlando people will have to go to 1 day as well, but a different day/location may be better for them.

I have the info in my calendar in my iTouch.
FBOP (Florida Board of Pharmacy) we are only required to go to the second day of one of their 2 day "Full Board Meetings."

The best one for us is Wednesday, August 11, 2010 from 8am to 4 pm. You don't RSVP, you just sign in when you get there and sign out at the end of the day to get credit. They claim that you can't be late and sign in.

It is at the following location:
Rosen Plaza Hotel Airport
9700 International Dr.
Orlando, FL 32819

And a note in my iTouch says, "I have a website for this on my desktop in a document named UF FAFSA." So, let me get you that information as well. (I stuck the info in that document just to keep a bunch of random UF stuff in one document.)

The following was posted by Joseph Trang on one of the 2 Orlando facebook pages:

As first years you guys are going to have to go to 1 day of a FBOP meeting one time before the end of the school year. There is going to be one in August 10-11 in Orlando. I would highly suggest going to this to meet classmate, and it is really convenient. The other meetings are spread out across FL and they seem to be... at very bad times (like right before finals or when you have a million tests). You should probably be getting an e-mail from someone soon if you haven't gotten one already.

http://www.doh.state.fl.us/Mqa/pharmacy/ph_meeting.html

scroll down a bit. Most likely 1PD's will have to go to the 2nd day... it is painfully boring...

There is a meeting in Gainesville and we only have to go to the second day, so Dec 15th:
December 14-15, 2010
Hilton U of Florida Conf. Ctr.
1714 SW 34th St.
Gainesville, FL 32607

Or if anyone wants to go to Tallahassee, again only have to go to the 2nd day Oct 13th:
October 12-13, 2010
Residence Inn Marriott
600 W. Gaines Street
Tallahassee 32304-4308

There will be other dates and locations in 2011, but they aren't posted yet.

Last edited:

The Q&A was run by the 1PDs and 2PDs from this year, the 2PD didn't have to do it, the 1PDs did, the 1PDs said we would probably have to do it, but nothing was definite. I did get an email from the college today (in my UF email) that said we should look for another email this week with the computer assignments to be done prior to school starting (due date will be in the email), so maybe it will be in there?

The Q&A was run by the 1PDs and 2PDs from this year, the 2PD didn't have to do it, the 1PDs did, the 1PDs said we would probably have to do it, but nothing was definite. I did get an email from the college today (in my UF email) that said we should look for another email this week with the computer assignments to be done prior to school starting (due date will be in the email), so maybe it will be in there?

I think that those computer assignments will have to be done with Windows. So, if you have a Mac, just borrow someone's computer with Windows.

That August 11th day sounds like a plan.

Jackie, I haven't gotten ANY emails from the COP since they accepted me...hopefully they remember they did, lol!

That August 11th day sounds like a plan.

Jackie, I haven't gotten ANY emails from the COP since they accepted me...hopefully they remember they did, lol!

Unfortunately (or Fortunately depending on how you look at it) I will not make the August one since I will be driving to Wisconsin to get my daughter.

And I doubt they could forget you...a red-head, bassoon-playing, music teacher turned Pharmacist wannabe with a degree in Medicinal Chem is hardly someone you meet every day!

is anybody able to log into the webmail? I have a gatorlink account, but I'm not able to log into the webmail for some reason. Any suggestions? I really appreciate it.

Ya I couldn't get into webmail either. I think its just down for maintenance or what not.

is anybody able to log into the webmail? I have a gatorlink account, but I'm not able to log into the webmail for some reason. Any suggestions? I really appreciate it.

You are all correct. Webmail was down. I called their helpdesk... and they are up and running... but you folks can never use it again ... unless you either (1) use a different computer or (2) follow the following steps:

First delete all of your cookies... form internet explorer Tools/Internet Options/Delete (under Browsing History) / then check everything and hit delete.

Now, one final step. Close all of your internet explorer browser windows.

Ha, ha!!! I tricked you, suckers! One more step, open a new internet explorer window and check out your e-mail!

Unfortunately (or Fortunately depending on how you look at it) I will not make the August one since I will be driving to Wisconsin to get my daughter. And I doubt they could forget you...a red-head, bassoon-playing, music teacher turned Pharmacist wannabe with a degree in Medicinal Chem is hardly someone you meet every day!

Haha, touche! I got an email from Jacksonville today. Bummer you can't make that one. ):

Question about the iPod Touch.....

Is there any reason to get the iPod touch with more than 8 gb?

Also, does any one know if the 8 gb version is 3rd generation?

(For some reason, the apple website specifically says 3rd generation underneath of the 32gb and 64 gb versions, but not for the 8 gb.....)

At the Q & A session at St. Pete, we were told that as soon as they determine what the official computer requirements we will get our next list of "to do" items. This list supposedly takes about 8 hours (for the average person) to complete......

These items include making videos of ourselves.....one is supposed to be a formal video and the other more casual......

Does any one know why they make us do this?

Question about the iPod Touch.....

Is there any reason to get the iPod touch with more than 8 gb?

Also, does any one know if the 8 gb version is 3rd generation?

(For some reason, the apple website specifically says 3rd generation underneath of the 32gb and 64 gb versions, but not for the 8 gb.....)

Currently, the 8gb is actually 2nd generation. The 3rd generations are only the 32 gb and 64 gb.