UF c/o 2021 Applicants

Started by floridajl
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yeah I need someone to do that for me
Me
raw
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I should have said http://www.gifwave.com/media/67121_movies-star-trek-bones-jim-kirk-dinguses.gif

Because im the old fart here
 
I applied to quite a bit so got some rejections. Still waiting for UF, NC state, GA, and penn
I put my eggs in one basket because I was trying to make it the best I could. I also couldn't do most because im a transguy and don't feel comfortable going to NC or any states that decided to pass bathroom laws. UF actually was pretty cool about it and staff wise is accepting so I really want to go there.
 
I put my eggs in one basket because I was trying to make it the best I could. I also couldn't do most because im a transguy and don't feel comfortable going to NC or any states that decided to pass bathroom laws. UF actually was pretty cool about it and staff wise is accepting so I really want to go there.
Oh I can understand that! Gainesville is pretty liberal as far as Florida goes. It's a great school. I wish you luck!
 
Did you apply to Texas A&M???


Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
I didn't actually... I'm not an A&M fan- was set on going until I toured and the went to their vet camp. (Also it was a separate application).

I applied as a junior, and I know it was a stretch, but I wanted to see. If I don't get in this year I have another year, ill get more experience hours and retake the GRE. I'll apply to more than 5 next year. My original 5, plus A&M and a couple more.

If THAT doesn't work, I'll go get a masters somewhere. I'm a biochemistry & molecular biology major- I have lots of options for masters
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I didn't actually... I'm not an A&M fan- was set on going until I toured and the went to their vet camp. (Also it was a separate application).

I applied as a junior, and I know it was a stretch, but I wanted to see. If I don't get in this year I have another year, ill get more experience hours and retake the GRE. I'll apply to more than 5 next year. My original 5, plus A&M and a couple more.

If THAT doesn't work, I'll go get a masters somewhere. I'm a biochemistry & molecular biology major- I have lots of options for masters
Girl at uf said 3rd time is a charm sometimes. I graduated 2012 and retook my courses for 2 yrs worked 40 hrs a week with the equine vet. You're a junior don't worry you have time.

Try a third time dont get a masters.
 
Another day of watching email...trying to hold out some hope. Prob should start telling my LOR's I need another letter.

This is weird because usually they send out invites early/mid Jan. Unless this is the top tier of the second wave. Im just trying to stay positive.
 
Last edited:
This is weird because usually they send out invites early/mid Jan. Unless this is the top tier of the second wave. Im just trying to stay positive.
I found it odd too. I was expecting to hear back much later--that's what happened in all the past threads. It's probably hard to do, but try to stay positive. They're doing things very early this year, so maybe it'll take them a little while to get through all of the invites. I don't think anyone has heard about denials yet, so that's good.

They're similar to past years with the 2/11 date, but the 1/28 date kind of came out of left field.
 
When I spoke to UF they told me their biggest group of denied emails goes out in January every year.
 
I know. The struggle to be optimistic is so real. My friends and family are all like "don't worry, you'll get in somewhere" and three rejections later I'm just like "BUT STATISTICALLY, PROBABLY NOT."
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad