UF c/o 2021 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I just received my interview for 1/28. Has anybody gone through the interview yet and can offer some advice? Thanks :)

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
I just received my interview for 1/28. Has anybody gone through the interview yet and can offer some advice? Thanks :)
Its starting again y'all hold onto your hats.

Members don't see this ad :)
I received the same email I got yesterday a few mins ago lol

Reactions: 2 users
So I got an email to interview 1/28 yesterday (!!!) and then I did get the email again today, but they removed the 'early' this time so I don't know if that had anything to do with why they were resent, but I guess the early part was just forgotten.

Reactions: 1 user
I KEEP CHECKING MY EMAIL AND GETTING EMAILS BUT ITS NEVER ONES I WANT. STOP IT SMARTPAK.
You feel my pain...also I subscribe even though I don't have horses. Their natural fly spray works wonders for humans and horses

So I got an email to interview 1/28 yesterday (!!!) and then I did get the email again today, but they removed the 'early' this time so I don't know if that had anything to do with why they were resent, but I guess the early part was just forgotten.

Oh no... that's not good

You feel my pain...also I subscribe even though I don't have horses. Their natural fly spray works wonders for humans and horses
I don't own any horses either, but I love their piper breeches (love love love romfh sarafinas more than pipers, but those are like twice the price). And I haven't tried their fly spray but I HAVE heard good things about it.

Same here, my interview is still 2/11 though.

Members don't see this ad :)
Oh no... that's not good

:( you don't know that for sure! I didn't think I really had that great of a shot even - Fl is my IS though, and I work for a facility that partners with them a lot, maybe those things went in my favor

:( you don't know that for sure! I didn't think I really had that great of a shot even - Fl is my IS though, and I work for a facility that partners with them a lot, maybe those things went in my favor
I think its offical the rest of us are applying again next year..just what I wanted for Christmas a rejection

Uf is my IS and my vet I work for teaches there..

I think its offical the rest of us are applying again next year..just what I wanted for Christmas a rejection

Uf is my IS and my vet I work for teaches there..

I have one last chance at OkState (because let's be honest, I'm not getting into NC State).
Last spring I took a 20 person honors class with the Dean of Admissions and always talked to him after class- we had to write a research paper and I was the only person in the class to get a perfect score on it.... And then I'm doing research and my thesis with a professor at the vet school as well. I'm just crossing all of my fingers and toes that it'll happen, but it looks like I'm gonna be reapplying. :(

I have one last chance at OkState (because let's be honest, I'm not getting into NC State).
Last spring I took a 20 person honors class with the Dean of Admissions and always talked to him after class- we had to write a research paper and I was the only person in the class to get a perfect score on it.... And then I'm doing research and my thesis with a professor at the vet school as well. I'm just crossing all of my fingers and toes that it'll happen, but it looks like I'm gonna be reapplying. :(
Imholding out hope until I get an offical rejection

Watch how you speak about admissions on a public forum. Adcoms DO read these foruns and it's not as hard for them to narrow down who you are as you think. the above attitude could impact future applications.

Watch how you speak about admissions on a public forum. Adcoms DO read these foruns and it's not as hard for them to narrow down who you are as you think. the above attitude could impact future applications.

I just wish they would tell us upfront that we didnt get in.

I just wish they would tell us upfront that we didnt get in.

Things aren't always upfront or perceived as fair in the professional world. but the way to deal with that isn't petulant complaints.

Things aren't always upfront or perceived as fair in the professional world. but the way to deal with that isn't petulant complaints.
Dude chill and let some of us deal with this. I've worked in the professional world for years. I know its not fair but for some of us its a needed thing to vent and grieve and move on. It would not be hard for them to send out rejections with their invites. I screwed up and didn't hold my tongue but don't go lecturing me on the professional world.

They said they aren't sending any more?
They said all had been sent out for this year. I would like to add I was polite and professional asking so they weren't just pushing me off. Admissions woman said this was the last wave.

They said all had been sent out for this year. I would like to add I was polite and professional asking so they weren't just pushing me off. Admissions woman said this was the last wave.
Maybe some were lost... lol this is sad. They are my IS and my dream school

Maybe some were lost... lol this is sad. They are my IS and my dream school
May the next cycle opens. We pickup we brush off and we try again.

Having worked since 18 on and off in the veterinary "professional world" I've learned that if you are weak in one area the rest or at least one has to rock. Nicole one of the adcomms is one to talk to about your application. Shes receptive and will be brutally honest. She is why im retaking my GRE because although my vet experience is a lot my GRE was weak and my GPA average.

My inbox is open if anyone needs to vent, complain, or petuantly complain. Its all right to feel like crap right now but I met folks at UF it took them 3 tries to get in. Don't give up..vent privately and see where you need to improve.

Last edited:
Well I have interviews so if I get in one of them I will go. I believe everything happens for a reason. Maybe it's time for me to explore another state lol

That's the spirit! I'm OOS everywhere so I'll be moving regardless. I'm trying to think of this as a great big adventure!

Reactions: 3 users
Maybe they haven't sent rejections yet? It's been less than 24 hours. No need to curse out their program because they haven't sent rejections at the same time as interview invites...

Reactions: 3 users
Maybe they haven't sent rejections yet? It's been less than 24 hours. No need to curse out their program because they haven't sent rejections at the same time as interview invites...
I was wrong I deleted it...and I moved on. I'm usually very professional however its been a very crap year and this has been the icing on the cake.

Rejections will probably come Jan or early feb, per past cycles.

I shouldn't have posted something in the heat of the moment. Usually I let things sit a bit or write and delete. Again I apologize for being unprofessional, as it was unbecoming of a person who should damn well know better.

Last edited:
Well I have interviews so if I get in one of them I will go. I believe everything happens for a reason. Maybe it's time for me to explore another state lol
It takes 3 tries with UF on average from the students I talked to when there. There is always the south east schools and LMU just opened. Someone was even asked if they would accept if offered an interview so it sounds like they really want applicants.

It takes 3 tries with UF on average from the students I talked to when there. There is always the south east schools and LMU just opened. Someone was even asked if they would accept if offered an interview so it sounds like they really want applicants.
Yeah I've heard that too. This was my first time applying. Interviewing Auburn and Perdue and still waiting for Georgia, NC state, penn, and technically UF. If I have to apply again I'll definitely reapply to UF.

Yeah I've heard that too. This was my first time applying. Interviewing Auburn and Perdue and still waiting for Georgia, NC state, penn, and technically UF. If I have to apply again I'll definitely reapply to UF.

Auburn is my dream but I didnt reply this year.

Walk in there confident even if you arent ;)

Chin up guys. I know its hard to not get an interview or get in. It took me three application cycles to get in to UF and I am graduating this year with several employment offers on the table. It is do able and my dream job is looking to hire right when I graduate. Sometimes its just not your turn but that is not a bad thing because if I had started vet school earlier I would not be in my current relationship with my SO whom I adore, I would not have my current job opportunities and I would not have made friends with the incredible group of people I did while in vet school. Whether or not you believe in fate it is not always a bad thing to get that rejection because you may miss out on other things you weren't aware of.

You called and they said all interview invites have been sent out?
Yup this morning I called admissions. I asked if all the invites for this cycle had been sent, the lady said yes..sounded apologetic.

Chin up guys. I know its hard to not get an interview or get in. It took me three application cycles to get in to UF and I am graduating this year with several employment offers on the table. It is do able and my dream job is looking to hire right when I graduate. Sometimes its just not your turn but that is not a bad thing because if I had started vet school earlier I would not be in my current relationship with my SO whom I adore, I would not have my current job opportunities and I would not have made friends with the incredible group of people I did while in vet school. Whether or not you believe in fate it is not always a bad thing to get that rejection because you may miss out on other things you weren't aware of.
I was told that by my boss..I have extra months now to get more SA experience..redo my GRE..and get their two required courses+another or two taken. I was in such a rush this year now I can breathe. Im hoping second time is the charm.

Dude chill and let some of us deal with this. I've worked in the professional world for years. I know its not fair but for some of us its a needed thing to vent and grieve and move on. It would not be hard for them to send out rejections with their invites. I screwed up and didn't hold my tongue but don't go lecturing me on the professional world.
May the next cycle opens. We pickup we brush off and we try again.

Having worked since 18 on and off in the veterinary "professional world" I've learned that if you are weak in one area the rest or at least one has to rock. Nicole one of the adcomms is one to talk to about your application. Shes receptive and will be brutally honest. She is why im retaking my GRE because although my vet experience is a lot my GRE was weak and my GPA average.

My inbox is open if anyone needs to vent, complain, or petuantly complain. Its all right to feel like crap right now but I met folks at UF it took them 3 tries to get in. Don't give up..vent privately and see where you need to improve.
I'm very sorry that you didn't receive an interview, but Rocky was giving you well-intentioned advice about being mindful about who can read your posts, and that advice was given to you pretty gently. The bolded above is really passive aggressive and I don't think that's what you were going for. Again, it's understandable that you feel bad right now and want to vent, but please don't take it out on other people.

I'm very sorry that you didn't receive an interview, but Rocky was giving you well-intentioned advice about being mindful about who can read your posts, and that advice was given to you pretty gently. The bolded above is really passive aggressive and I don't think that's what you were going for. Again, it's understandable that you feel bad right now and want to vent, but please don't take it out on other people.
I understand that now and I both deleted the original post and moved on. I wish others would. What they said after their first response I read as condescending and passive agressive which was why I said what I said. I understood what I did was wrong and removed it.

If both of you would let it go I understand what I said was wrong.

Last edited:
Ok, thanks for this info. I was kind of expecting it anyway.
Don't let it get to you like I did..call or email. Ask how you can make a better application next year, and take the advice.

Well this is disheartening. But until I get a rejection e mail I'm not gonna give up haha.