UF c/o 2021 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Well this is disheartening. But until I get a rejection e mail I'm not gonna give up haha.
I'm with you on that

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys, just wanted to bring in some optimism right now. I got an interview this year, but interviewed last year & was rejected, and was flat out rejected the year before that. I still don't know if I'll get accepted this year, and I was definitely completely crushed the past two years. But honestly it turned out to be the best thing I could have ever asked for having those years to find myself before rushing into a lot more debt and this difficult career. I got my masters degree and explored a bunch of different jobs like teaching, research, emergency etc. I learned what I really like and what I don't like. I also learned that I have other talents and things I enjoy outside of the veterinary field. I have become a much more well-rounded, capable person. And if I get accepted this year, I'll be going in with some really valuable knowledge and life skills, and a lot more assurance that this is the right career for me. If you don't get accepted this year, use that time to explore your other options or make yourself an even better vet. Because if there's a will, there's a way. Never give up on that dream. Every year schools don't even give a chance to some of the best applicants because of something completely unrelated to being a veterinarian, like GRE scores. Don't take it personally!! Bottom line, look at this time as an opportunity to discover yourself and make yourself a better person and/or vet, and before you know it, it will be time to reapply! Never give up! Best of luck everyone.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 9 users
Don't let it get to you like I did..call or email. Ask how you can make a better application next year, and take the advice.

Well, I applied knowing that my chances weren't great mainly due to my GRE. I am humbled and lucky to have gotten some interviews already, so I'm hoping I won't have to reapply!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I just got an interview invite as well, but it said it was for an early admissions interview. I am kind of confused because early interviews were 11/19...? Did anyone else's email say this...? My interview is for 1/28.
I received an interview for 1/28 on Monday as well that said "early admissions interview," but then received an email on Tuesday that just said "admissions interview." All of the other information in the Tuesday email was identical to the email I got on Monday though.

Hey guys, so I've been wanting to start a blog for a while and I missed the whole when you start vet school opportunity to start it. Then I told myself I'd start it when I began clinics. Yeah that never happened. So while on winter break I decided that in celebration of accepting a job offer that I would start the blog that I have always wanted to. The link is in my signature.

The first post series is on my application process, I feel like it fits the time frame well. Feel free to ask any questions on said blog or here.

Hey guys, so I've been wanting to start a blog for a while and I missed the whole when you start vet school opportunity to start it. Then I told myself I'd start it when I began clinics. Yeah that never happened. So while on winter break I decided that in celebration of accepting a job offer that I would start the blog that I have always wanted to. The link is in my signature.

The first post series is on my application process, I feel like it fits the time frame well. Feel free to ask any questions on said blog or here.

Cool, I'll check it out! Thanks!

So I just answered my own question :p

For anyone who is curious they interviewed 281 people for 109 spots. Of those 145 were IS interviews and 136 were OOS interviews. 100 people were invited to attend off the IS side, including waitlists, and 49 from the OOS pool (again including off the waitlist).

Edit: It might be worth noting that 43 people declined their interview offer so the actual number interviewed is 93 OOS. This is great news for those who have no received rejections, as you could be on the interview waitlist! Apparently a lot of people declined their interviews, probably because it's later than some other schools, so there's a chance you could get called on!

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
So I just answered my own question :p

For anyone who is curious the interviewed 281 people for 109 spots. Of those 145 were IS interviews and 136 were OOS interviews. 100 people were invited to attend off the IS side, including waitlists, and 49 from the OOS pool (again including off the waitlist).

Edit: It might be worth noting that 43 people declined their interview offer so the actual number interviewed is 93 OOS. This is great news for those who have no received rejections, as you could be on the interview waitlist! Apparently a lot of people declined their interviews, probably because it's later than some other schools, so there's a chance you could get called on!

Is this for past years, or for this year? It seems crazy to me that so many people would have already declined their interview since we were given till jan to decide.

Is this for past years, or for this year? It seems crazy to me that so many people would have already declined their interview since we were given till jan to decide.

Past years, the numbers are pretty consistent year to year. We have until January 6th to accept or decline the interview

has anyone received a confirmation from admissions about confirmed interview spots. I emailed to confirm my spot but wanted to double check its in the books

has anyone received a confirmation from admissions about confirmed interview spots. I emailed to confirm my spot but wanted to double check its in the books

I did get a reply from Mrs. Chaparro this morning, just saying that more details of the interview would be sent in early January.

Members don't see this ad :)
I did not receive an email yet! I emailed her the same day I got the invite too.

Reactions: 1 users
I did not receive an email yet! I emailed her the same day I got the invite too.
I didn't get a confirmation either. She's probably processing a lot of emails... so hopefully in the next week or so!

I also contacted them about Fall transcripts, since I did not see anything online. They said they will reach out to students individually when they are ready to accept transcripts! :)

Hey guys! Congrats on your interview offers and acceptances! I plan on applying to UF in the future, and I was wondering if any of you would be willing to share your stats so I can better know my chances and what I need to improve on...Thanks!!

Just wondering if anyone knows what to do about fall transcripts for Florida? Do they want them only if accepted? Thanks!

Edit: Never mind I see it above! Sorry!

has anyone else been placed on the alternate list for interviews?

Still have not received confirmation from Ms. Chaparro regarding my interview. I am getting a little nervous since the deadline to accept or decline the offer is tomorrow. I received the offer on 12/20 and replied on 12/28 (I waited to reply because I was traveling and taking care of my grandma). Do you guys think it would be worthwhile to call the admissions office to check on it?

Still have not received confirmation from Ms. Chaparro regarding my interview. I am getting a little nervous since the deadline to accept or decline the offer is tomorrow. I received the offer on 12/20 and replied on 12/28 (I waited to reply because I was traveling and taking care of my grandma). Do you guys think it would be worthwhile to call the admissions office to check on it?
I'd definitely call. My guess is they'd be open until 5 so you might even be able to reach her today.

I'd definitely call. My guess is they'd be open until 5 so you might even be able to reach her today.
I will check my emails for a number to call. Thanks! If you know which number I should call, let me know. :)

EDIT: I just got off the phone with admissions and they said that if you have not yet received an email confirming your attendance not to worry. I feel much better knowing this. I'm glad I called!

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
She didn't respond to me either. I just called & they said Lynette was out of the office because of the break and she's going through her emails today, but if you responded to the email there shouldn't be an issue.

That's a relief, I responded to the email as well and haven't heard anything.

That's a relief, I responded to the email as well and haven't heard anything.

Saaaaaaaaaaaame. I saw this thread earlier and panicked a bit cause I never got a response and then sent them another email..

Call but they are closed till Monday

Got an interview confirmation email just now.

Has anyone received an official rejection this year? I'm in shock because I am a second time applicant and received an interview last year 1/16 and ended up getting wait listed afterwards but never got off. If its true and all invites are out that just proves how much cycles change :(

Has anyone received an official rejection this year? I'm in shock because I am a second time applicant and received an interview last year 1/16 and ended up getting wait listed afterwards but never got off. If its true and all invites are out that just proves how much cycles change :(
I haven't heard anything yet.

Were you an alternate?
No, I was invited last month. Nobody had heard anything (at least here), so I wanted to let everybody know they are now sending out the confirmation emails. Good luck!

I have not heard anything here either :(

Last edited:
No, I was invited last month. Nobody had heard anything (at least here), so I wanted to let everybody know they are now sending out the confirmation emails. Good luck!
Oh okay thanks! Hopefully I'll hear from them soon m, good luck!! Busy month ahead

I got the official rejection letter today

As previously stated I was placed as an alternate, I want to show my interest in the school do you think it would be a good idea to email or call them?

Thanks.