-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
***UGA C/O 2020 Official Thread***
Started by hopingtogetin3
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
That's probably correct. I wouldn't expect to hear anything til feb.
None of my references have been called as far as I know
None of my references have been called as far as I know
No I think it's been a while since they were called. At least a week.Was that today?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Nothing happening over here...still patiently waiting for some news...lol
Any news would be nice! lol!
So I may be weird for keeping my denial email from last year but it was sent on January 30th. The 30th is a Saturday this year so I'm thinking they'll contact us on or around Friday the 29th this year. Just my theory
Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk
Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk
I received my denial letter on February 21stSo I may be weird for keeping my denial email from last year but it was sent on January 30th. The 30th is a Saturday this year so I'm thinking they'll contact us on or around Friday the 29th this year. Just my theory
Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk
Oh dang, maybe that means my application wasn't too good if I got tossed that early.I received my denial letter on February 21st
Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk
Emails come faster than letters! All decisions are probably sent out at the same time but the letters always seem to take for ever to get any where. I applied to UTK and received my letter about confirming my interview after the deadline for confirmation had passed! The email came several weeks before that though.
I received my denial email feb 21 as well last year
I apologize, I did get my rejection email on jan 30 last year. February was the year before that. I imagine they'd be out even sooner this year since the deadline was earlier
But since literally ONE guy has had a reference call, I feel like they are behind last year's pace. And last year they had some message up on their website saying they'd have decisions by early February (and sent them out Jan 30), they haven't put up a message with a date yet. Maybe I'm just holding onto threads here, but I really hope they aren't about to send out acceptances/denials without contact anyone's references on here (minus 1 person last week), aka we are ALL about to get denied? Which seems unlikely??
So I figured I would share some info that hopefully would calm some nerves!
Parker came to my school this past semester to talk about UGA and admissions. They way he described the whole "references being called" thing was that all applicants are initially placed into three categories sort of like a "red", "yellow", or "green". "red" are those who do not meet pre-reqs or are the applicants that essentially are rejected for not meeting admissions standards. "green" are the students that are very impressive on paper and are considered most likely to get in. He said these students may or may not have a reference or more called just as a final check but that they essentially are in unless a reference changes their mind. Lastly is the "yellow" which is where the majority of students fall and these are where most students have references called and is where references might make the largest impact on them making final decisions for an applicant. Now, that being said I don't think its like a "everyone in one category is considered equivalent" type of deal, I just think thats how they kind of sort through them at first and it can dictate how many references admissions feels they need to contact to fully judge an applicant!
So just because you haven't had references called yet doesn't necessarily mean anything bad is what I take from that!
Hope that helps some people!
Parker came to my school this past semester to talk about UGA and admissions. They way he described the whole "references being called" thing was that all applicants are initially placed into three categories sort of like a "red", "yellow", or "green". "red" are those who do not meet pre-reqs or are the applicants that essentially are rejected for not meeting admissions standards. "green" are the students that are very impressive on paper and are considered most likely to get in. He said these students may or may not have a reference or more called just as a final check but that they essentially are in unless a reference changes their mind. Lastly is the "yellow" which is where the majority of students fall and these are where most students have references called and is where references might make the largest impact on them making final decisions for an applicant. Now, that being said I don't think its like a "everyone in one category is considered equivalent" type of deal, I just think thats how they kind of sort through them at first and it can dictate how many references admissions feels they need to contact to fully judge an applicant!
So just because you haven't had references called yet doesn't necessarily mean anything bad is what I take from that!
Hope that helps some people!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
For those whose references have been called are you IS or OOS?
I'm IS!For those whose references have been called are you IS or OOS?
Yea haha I thought it was at least reassuring that the number of references you have had called doesn't necessarily correlate to anything!That's actually kind of reassuring, in a nerve-wracking sort of way. 0_0 I know I'm definitely not in the red category, so that's a plus?
I'm from one of the contract states!For those whose references have been called are you IS or OOS?
So one of my classmates was recently sent a rejection letter. So those are starting. Keeping my fingers crossed that it's good news to hear no news right now!
Omg I can't take it! I'm so nervous every time I get an emailSo one of my classmates was recently sent a rejection letter. So those are starting. Keeping my fingers crossed that it's good news to hear no news right now!
Did she receive email or snail mail? And do you know when she received it?So one of my classmates was recently sent a rejection letter. So those are starting. Keeping my fingers crossed that it's good news to hear no news right now!
Sorry, I don't know specifics. But it was an email, and I think it was yesterday- but it may have been earlier than that.Did she receive email or snail mail? And do you know when she received it?
I'm betting next Friday but anything is possible.Does anyone think there is a chance we could find out tomorrow?
Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk
The thought of that just made my anxiety go through the roofDoes anyone think there is a chance we could find out tomorrow?
it would be SO nice to just know the decision already Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I still haven't heard of any of my references being called...I'm so nervous
There's still nothing on the website about when they'll have decisions out like there was last year, do i don't know what to think [emoji53][emoji19]
One of my references was just called about an hour ago. They seem to be working through them now!
Is your classmate 1st time applicant? Do you know if she got a phone call from UGA asking if she had any questions like several other people did?So one of my classmates was recently sent a rejection letter. So those are starting. Keeping my fingers crossed that it's good news to hear no news right now!
I haven't heard anything from my references and I got that strange call from Esther. I'm doing everything I can to keep my mind in a stress-free place.
Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk
Yeah, I'm betting by tomorrow we might know something. And maybe by next Friday at the latest; since someone apparently already got a rejection letter (I'll be right there with that person, I'm sure), then it can't be long before the rest of us hear our fate. I'm so nervous!
I feel like since calls are being made today, tomorrow is too quick of a turn around for decisions! Maybe those receiving rejections were those Ceikay described as the "red" category or those that didn't meet requirements? I'm hoping for next Friday! but who knows. As far as I know my references have not been called, I'm OOS 🙁
I would be surprised if they turned around quickly enough for next Friday. Last year they called most people's references the week of Christmas - first week of January and had decisions a few weeks later on Jan 30th. This year they are just now getting to the bulk of the calls, so I'd imagine they take awhile to discuss results and stuff (2-3 weeks like last year) which puts us at middle/early Feb. (Which is exactly when they said they'd tell us last year fyi). Try not to think about it! Just tell yourself it will be a few weeks still, and if we find out sooner we can all be pleasantly surprised (at least that's what I'm doing to keep my sanity/anxiety in check)!
So one of my classmates was recently sent a rejection letter. So those are starting. Keeping my fingers crossed that it's good news to hear no news right now!
Was this student IS or OOS? And was this student likely in the "red" zone due to not meeting requirements?
So no OOS students have had a reference called yet? Maybe they are focusing on IS and Contract states first to fill spots then will determine the seats for us OOS...
I would be surprised if they turned around quickly enough for next Friday. Last year they called most people's references the week of Christmas - first week of January and had decisions a few weeks later on Jan 30th. This year they are just now getting to the bulk of the calls, so I'd imagine they take awhile to discuss results and stuff (2-3 weeks like last year) which puts us at middle/early Feb. (Which is exactly when they said they'd tell us last year fyi). Try not to think about it! Just tell yourself it will be a few weeks still, and if we find out sooner we can all be pleasantly surprised (at least that's what I'm doing to keep my sanity/anxiety in check)!
Yea when I emailed them a while back to ask questions, they told me they were expecting to have decisions by the end of January or beginning of February. It feels close yet so far away!
Is your classmate 1st time applicant? Do you know if she got a phone call from UGA asking if she had any questions like several other people did?
I haven't heard anything from my references and I got that strange call from Esther. I'm doing everything I can to keep my mind in a stress-free place.
Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk
I have no idea if she was a first time applicant, I don't know if she received a dubious call, and she's OS.
She is OS, and I have no idea if she was in the red.Was this student IS or OOS? And was this student likely in the "red" zone due to not meeting requirements?
This is what my friend just told me that her co-worker told her:
She claims to have a reputable source - don't know if it us true or not, they are not sending out acceptance and close call denial letters until Feb 5th. The only sent out the absolutely not
She claims to have a reputable source - don't know if it us true or not, they are not sending out acceptance and close call denial letters until Feb 5th. The only sent out the absolutely not
So close call denial meaning wait list? Just get nervous about all this [emoji16] and they have already sent absolute rejections already?This is what my friend just told me that her co-worker told her:
She claims to have a reputable source - don't know if it us true or not, they are not sending out acceptance and close call denial letters until Feb 5th. The only sent out the absolutely not
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Sounds like they have already sent out absolute rejections. But this next set probably means the people that are in the yellow and green. I think everyone else (accepted, wait listed, and denied) will be sent out on the 5th. Both previous years they sent decisions through email, have been sent on FridaysSo close call denial meaning wait list? Just get nervous about all this [emoji16] and they have already sent absolute rejections already?
That would make my lifeSo...we're guessing that rejections have been sent out already? And if we haven't gotten an email by now, we can more likely assume we're either accepted or waitlisted?
They still have rejections to send out, the ones that were conducted over the last couple of days were probably "easy" (for lack of a better term) and the ones that will be conducted in the coming weeks will be the "close call" denials. My take at least.So...we're guessing that rejections have been sent out already? And if we haven't gotten an email by now, we can more likely assume we're either accepted or waitlisted?
Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk