UK c/o 2023 hopefuls

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
35 is the number of spots, though. Not the number of acceptances that will be sent. Many who recieve offers will end up declining. So schools generally send out many more acceptances than they have spots!

Right but those are normally offered as waitlists are they not?

Either way it is good. Remember people that someone might get accepted to 5 schools, but they can only attend 1, so they will have to decline somewhere!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys I just joined! I was accepted to RVC on December 21st! Anyone else thinking about going to the admitted students day in February?

Members don't see this ad :)
Accepted to RVC today!
Hey guys I just joined! I was accepted to RVC on December 21st! Anyone else thinking about going to the admitted students day in February?

Congrats guys! I won't be able to go to the admitted students day but I am highly considering going to RVC (its been my top choice for a while). Let me know if you guys or anyone else is planning on attending the visiting day and/or accepting the offer, I'd love to talk about it!

Reactions: 1 user
Congrats guys! I won't be able to go to the admitted students day but I am highly considering going to RVC (its been my top choice for a while). Let me know if you guys or anyone else is planning on attending the visiting day and/or accepting the offer, I'd love to talk about it!

So I am a Canadian. I applied to Edinburgh, RVC, Cornell, and Illinois, as well as WCVM and UCVM.

Rejected from Cornell and Illinois. Interview at Edinburgh and RVC, and WCVM and UCVM I don't hear anything until like March about GETTING an interview.

I have gotten an interview at UCVM before, so I am confident I would get that again, but have not gotten in over multiple tries.

I have not gotten an interview at WCVM, but I am confident in my chances if I do get one.

Debt load for tuition at either of the Canadian schools is equivalent to ONE YEAR at RVC. And that is not including living costs.

Fortunately I have some people to live with if I go to the RVC so that helps.

But I have no idea what to do. You US people have an easier decision since debt is equivalent US or UK LOL.

Received my acceptance today! Best of luck to everyone still waiting :)

Reactions: 2 users
So I am a Canadian. I applied to Edinburgh, RVC, Cornell, and Illinois, as well as WCVM and UCVM.

Rejected from Cornell and Illinois. Interview at Edinburgh and RVC, and WCVM and UCVM I don't hear anything until like March about GETTING an interview.

I have gotten an interview at UCVM before, so I am confident I would get that again, but have not gotten in over multiple tries.

I have not gotten an interview at WCVM, but I am confident in my chances if I do get one.

Debt load for tuition at either of the Canadian schools is equivalent to ONE YEAR at RVC. And that is not including living costs.

Fortunately I have some people to live with if I go to the RVC so that helps.

But I have no idea what to do. You US people have an easier decision since debt is equivalent US or UK LOL.
Sounds like you have applied in previous year/s. May is ask how many fans what you did different to improve as a candidate foe the second year

If you don't mind me asking what was your offer conditional for?

My conditional offer just states that I need to successfully finish my degree and pay a deposit and provide other documents. If I do all those things my offer stands and I can enter the program.

My conditional offer just states that I need to successfully finish my degree and pay a deposit and provide other documents. If I do all those things my offer stands and I can enter the program.
Thanks! This. Is my first year so was not sure about what a conditional offer included. Congrats on your acceptance.

Mine said the same. I think that’s standard. I’ve already completed my BS so I think it’s just the standard response to students. Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Sounds like you have applied in previous year/s. May is ask how many fans what you did different to improve as a candidate foe the second year

I have applied to the two Canadian schools in previous years but this was my first time applying out of country. I didnt do anything different. Just different schools are looking for different things. I thought I'd get accepted to other schools before I ever got accepted to the RVC.

Members don't see this ad :)
I have applied to the two Canadian schools in previous years but this was my first time applying out of country. I didnt do anything different. Just different schools are looking for different things. I thought I'd get accepted to other schools before I ever got accepted to the RVC.
Thanks.

RVC was my dream school and I accepted my conditional offer! Anyone else accepted yet or planning to?!?!? I AM SO EXCITED!

Reactions: 1 users
RVC was my dream school and I accepted my conditional offer! Anyone else accepted yet or planning to?!?!? I AM SO EXCITED!

wohooo congrats! I'm like 89% sure i'll be accepting as well and may go visit for spring break to look at the school and maybe some flats:D

Just received an acceptance! This is my first one, I'm so freaking excited!!

Reactions: 3 users
Just received a RVC acceptance! Will decline, though.

Just received a RVC acceptance! Will decline, though.

Just wondering where you're going then?

Also from one Canadian to another, how on earth are you funding a foreign education? This is my biggest issue right now. I'd be open to PM you but I cant!

Just wondering where you're going then?

Also from one Canadian to another, how on earth are you funding a foreign education? This is my biggest issue right now. I'd be open to PM you but I cant!
I am going to the University of Sydney!

I’m actually from the US, but it’s foreign education nonetheless!
My now husband has an unused 529 that he has been generous enough to give me - this will cover about 1 year of schooling.
I myself have almost 1 year of school funds saved from living SUPER frugally.
Being married to someone that has a grown up job is really helpful - I won’t have cost of living tacked onto my debt.
We are also selling our house and cars so this will cover my year 3.
I will probably have to take out a loan for year 4, though.

I am incredibly lucky to be in this position and wish more people didn’t have to worry about the huge price tag that comes with vet school.

Just got my acceptance to Edinburgh!!

Reactions: 3 users
Just got my acceptance! I see that Edinburgh can be an expensive place to live though...

For personal reasons do they sell limón hot cheetos in the UK

Reactions: 2 users
For personal reasons do they sell limón hot cheetos in the UK

The don't really sell cheetos here at all... I just brought 6 bags of flaming hot ones back after Christmas. I always bring an entire suitcase full of American food back here.