UNC Dental School Hopefuls?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
no such luck for me either. lookin more and more like I'm ECU or bust this cycle. congrats to those who got an interview.

You and me both man, talk about deja vu.

Maybe ECU will pull through for us!

Members don't see this ad.

So I'm new to this particular thread but also got an interview invite for January 8th. I just wanted to know if anyone had statistics or information about how many applicants they'll end up taking from this last interview session? Do we have less of a chance of getting in than someone who interviewed in November or October(for example)?

I know these are fairly petty questions but I can't help myself! I'm all nervous/excited at the same time!!!!

So I'm new to this particular thread but also got an interview invite for January 8th. I just wanted to know if anyone had statistics or information about how many applicants they'll end up taking from this last interview session? Do we have less of a chance of getting in than someone who interviewed in November or October(for example)?

I know these are fairly petty questions but I can't help myself! I'm all nervous/excited at the same time!!!!

I believe you have the same chance as anyone else. I forget the exact formula, but they take your sGPA, AA, and interview score into consideration. Half of the class is filled on Dec 1, the other half in February. Hopefully this gives you a rough idea of your chances.

Members don't see this ad :)
I believe you have the same chance as anyone else. I forget the exact formula, but they take your sGPA, AA, and interview score into consideration. Half of the class is filled on Dec 1, the other half in February. Hopefully this gives you a rough idea of your chances.

The email Dr. Wilder sent out to those accepted said 2/3 of the class has been filled. I know it's always been 1/2 in the past, so I was a little surprised.

This is really last minute but I had a question regarding the interview social this coming Friday for applicants selected for an interview. I'm flying in on Friday and I don't actually land in Raleigh until 7:00 PM. Would you suggest I try to catch an earlier flight to make the social? I don' t want to miss it and then have that adversely affect my chances of admission. Thanks.

This is really last minute but I had a question regarding the interview social this coming Friday for applicants selected for an interview. I'm flying in on Friday and I don't actually land in Raleigh until 7:00 PM. Would you suggest I try to catch an earlier flight to make the social? I don' t want to miss it and then have that adversely affect my chances of admission. Thanks.

Attending or not attending the social will in no way affect your chances for admission. It is an optional event and the faculty are not even present. Also, I think my social was around 6:30 or so, and if you land in Raleigh at 7, there is no way you'll make it. It will take at least 30 minutes from the time you land to getting to the dental school, and on a Friday evening, it will almost be impossible to make it there fast. If you really want to attend, try to get a flight that lands in the afternoon.

I just interviewed at UNC this weekend and was wondering if anyone knew when the school was planning on letting people know if they were accepted. I was thinking it was around early February, but couldn't remember. Thanks...and good luck!!!

second round of acceptances are notified on Feb. 1st

According to their website, they're meeting the morning of the 26th of this month.

According to their website, they're meeting the morning of the 26th of this month.
If you do not mind me asking, where do you see that? The admissions timeline just states January 2011. I was perusing their entire website to find the exact date. For some reason, I had the 31st in my head for the committee meeting.

For reference, the committee met on the 27th last year and accepted applicants were informed via phone the same day. That's based on last year's SDN discussion.

For those curious, I suggest you call admissions and simply ask the dates.

I hope you all hear good news later this month!

Members don't see this ad :)
Just wondering if anyone had called admissions or heard from somewhere else what day the committee is meeting? I was thinking it was middle of this week sometime.

Does that also mean they'll be calling those who are accepted on Wednesday?

That I do not know, but my gut feeling is that they would make calls that afternoon/evening or the days following.

Last year..and this year for that matter, they met and then made some calls, but there were a few calls made the next morning as well to my knowledge. Hope for Wednesday afternoon, but know that you may not hear until Thursday. Good Luck to you all!!! :xf:

UNC School of Dentistry C/O 2015

Committees meeting at 8:15AM tomorrow morning!!

Goodluck everyone - hopefully phone calls will come.

Hey People -

I wish you all good luck. I hope you all hear some great news this week! Go Heels!

Anyone hear anything yet (or know someone who has)?!?!?!

Nothing yet... fingers are still crossed...

anyone else staring at their phone? this can't be good for my health.

:xf:

Good Question I don't know and I haven't heard of anyone being called it seems like they are either waiting until late today or tomorrow to make calls it would seem it is almost 4 and the school closes at 5 I think.

Congrats on the acceptances hopefully they are still calling.

Congratulations to those accepted today. In addition to sara bellum's post, there are two groups on facebook, both titled 'UNC DDS Class of 2015.' Again, congratulations!

Anyone know if they are continuing calls tonight/tomorrow or has everyone been notified at this point?

Congratulations to those individuals that were accepted. I didn't receive a call so I'm hoping that they still have some calls to make tomorrow.

Didn't get the call today either:(! Congrats to those who get the acceptance today!

Just checking to see if anyone received a call this morning? I didn't and am assuming at this point that if we haven't heard anything, we probably won't be hearing anything.

Congrats to those of you who did get in.

Just checking to see if anyone received a call this morning? I didn't and am assuming at this point that if we haven't heard anything, we probably won't be hearing anything.

Congrats to those of you who did get in.

I'm pretty sure for the first batch, people were called the day after, so just wait.

I am thinking there are no more calls to be made, last time 95 percent of the calls were made on december 1st, and only one person posted on here that they were called december 2nd. So it is probably time for us to turn our attention to other schools, if were given acceptances, or next cycle.

I am thinking there are no more calls to be made, last time 95 percent of the calls were made on december 1st, and only one person posted on here that they were called december 2nd. So it is probably time for us to turn our attention to other schools, if were given acceptances, or next cycle.

Dec. 1st and 2nd is not January 26th or 27th. Different time and situation here. They could still be making calls later today. Only a few people have posted on here so far that they heard this time around so I doubt they've called everyone.

You could be right, I just don't see why they would call "some" people yesterday, and then just wait till the next "afternoon" to call more. It really isn't much different than December 1st and 2nd, because they had their admissions meeting on the first of december, then did the calls, and they had a meeting yesterday, and did some calls.

I called and they said all acceptances have been notified and waitlisters will be notified in writing.

For those of you waiting, check your AADSAS status considering mine just changed this evening. Best of luck to everyone!

Yepp UNC doesn't want me... looks like i'm changing colors...

ECU class of 2015 :)

For all of those who found out today, congrats! Looks like they made me an offer. However, I never received a phone call. Anyone know about this or familiar with this?

For all of those who found out today, congrats! Looks like they made me an offer. However, I never received a phone call. Anyone know about this or familiar with this?

That happened to my friend who goes to unc dental now... he changed his phone number and the one he had didn't match with aadsas so they couldn't get in touch with him. Check your phone number on aadsas. is it your current one?

That happened to my friend who goes to unc dental now... he changed his phone number and the one he had didn't match with aadsas so they couldn't get in touch with him. Check your phone number on aadsas. is it your current one?

Yea, my Cell and Home number are my current ones.

well then its just a good surprise then :)

Have you guys heard of this before? Acceptance without a phone call?