UNC Dental School Hopefuls?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I believe the Jan date is the 8th

Thanks. So I guess if the 25 day notice theory holds up, Dec 14th will be another big day for those of us still waiting on an interview

Members don't see this ad.

congrats man...truly happy for you, us non-trads gotta stick together!...maybe my speculation was right after all! :rolleyes:

Thanks man, I'm really pulling for you. Stay positive, because there is a long ways to go in the admission process. Your speculation could have been right, I think so. Best wishes!

Is UNC done calling for december acceptances or are there still more calls for tomorrow?

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks. So I guess if the 25 day notice theory holds up, Dec 14th will be another big day for those of us still waiting on an interview

Sorry - didn't read about that... whats the 25 day notice theory??

For those of yall who've gotten accepted... did your aadsas change to offer made?? Or did it blank at some time before??

Is UNC done calling for december acceptances or are there still more calls for tomorrow?

I really dont know.. I hope they call tomorrow. I did not that they call immediately after their meeting. Based on what i had heard, they call on 12/2 in the morning. Who knows though? Lets keep our fingers crossed.... :xf:

hopefully I get a wakeup call from UNC with an acceptance. keeping my fingers crossed.

so is it possible that the admin left for the day w/o calling all of the accepted applicants? does anybody know if they've called on both days in previous years? It looks like the meeting was done around 3 EST and phone calls started soon after that, mine was around 3:45 I think.

I got a phone call from UNC today around 3:30. I am an out of state applicant. There was no change in my AADSAS application, it still says "Received/under review" or whatever. They informed me that I have a seat in their 2015 class and that I will receive further info in the mail.

I couldn't be more exited. I am a Wisconsin boy going to North Carolina!

I think it is ironic lol. BigTen/ACC challenge is tonight and NCSU is playing the Wisconsin Badgers tonight.

Members don't see this ad :)
I think it is ironic lol. BigTen/ACC challenge is tonight and NCSU is playing the Wisconsin Badgers tonight.

Ha. yea it is, I didn't even think about that. I think I will keep loyal to Badger Football, but UNC basketball is going to be sick! Can't wait for that Duke/UNC games!

State people....I GUESS I can deal with....just thankful no DOOKIES have chimed in on this thread! ha!

Ha. yea it is, I didn't even think about that. I think I will keep loyal to Badger Football, but UNC basketball is going to be sick! Can't wait for that Duke/UNC games!

UNC Basketball?? thats a joke now..what are they, 4-3. Can't say much for NCSU though, we're playing horrible tonight.

Still wouldn't mind hearing from UNC

Got the offer call from Terry Barker at 3:07 today! Very excited!

Got the offer call from Terry Barker at 3:07 today! Very excited!

Congrats!!!

Ugh but hearing about all these calls Carolina is giving out is getting me depressed/frustrated... :(

maybe tomorrow

Don't get your hopes up. You stand a really good shot for Jan/Feb. Hang in there.

Don't get your hopes up. You stand a really good shot for Jan/Feb. Hang in there.

So was UNC done with all the acceptances today? No more calls tomorrow? I interviewed at both ecu/unc, thought my interviews went pretty well...and haven't heard from either one so far. I guess all I can do is wait. :confused:

So was UNC done with all the acceptances today? No more calls tomorrow? I interviewed at both ecu/unc, thought my interviews went pretty well...and haven't heard from either one so far. I guess all I can do is wait. :confused:

You didn't get the 'wait-list' e-mail from ECU?

If nothing from UNC yet, you might be waiting until after the Jan interviews, and even then I think they starting sending out the 2nd round of acceptances Feb. 1....sorry that is a long wait.:eek:

To ChapelHillT: waiting on the 14th of Dec. too, It seems like we live our lives in 2 week increments....

^hah yeah. its like D-day is every few weeks.

at least i can have the element of surprise from the other schools ive applied to if i get lucky and get an interview from them.

You didn't get the 'wait-list' e-mail from ECU?

If nothing from UNC yet, you might be waiting until after the Jan interviews, and even then I think they starting sending out the 2nd round of acceptances Feb. 1....sorry that is a long wait.:eek:

To ChapelHillT: waiting on the 14th of Dec. too, It seems like we live our lives in 2 week increments....

Yeah I got the waitlist email, just waiting an any updates I guess..So has anyone gotten any calls today???

Last edited:
We are referring to the e-mail that was sent between 11/30 and 12/1 that basically said 'your application is under active review, no news yet...'

Oh, I assumed it was regarding UNC. Sorry. Btw, If we did not get a phone call, what does it precisely mean? Waitlisted, rejected? And is there anyway of knowing anything before Feb. 1st?

Oh, I assumed it was regarding UNC. Sorry. Btw, If we did not get a phone call, what does it precisely mean? Waitlisted, rejected? And is there anyway of knowing anything before Feb. 1st?

If you are talking about UNC, and you already interviewed there, my guess would be just waiting it out until after they review the people for the Jan. interviews, so probably Feb 1 is the next big day for UNC.

Last year, they didn't send any rejection letters until mid-Feb, and there wasn't any notification prior to that (unless you didn't get an interview invite, then it is pretty obvious that you wouldn't be accepted)

Ahhhh I'm in!!!! :love: Just got the call like 5 minutes ago. Soooo excited totally thought they were done calling! Good luck to everyone waiting! Hope more people get calls today! :luck:

Ahhhh I'm in!!!! :love: Just got the call like 5 minutes ago. Soooo excited totally thought they were done calling! Good luck to everyone waiting! Hope more people get calls today! :luck:

Wow that's great! congrats - i hope they're still calling :)

Is there anything that we need to do before we receive the information in the mail? I cannot wait until I actually have that acceptance letter in my hand:D:D:D:D
By the way, i got the call from UNC on December 1, 2010 at 2:57 pm about the acceptance:)

do you think they've called anyone?? Cause I know last year people found out Dec. 3...

Congrats to everyone who got the great news! UNC is awesome. I remember that feeling very well! For those of you deciding whether or not to come to UNC, I can only speak for one semester of experience - but I love it! (We are taking exams now...hence the reason I'm wasting my time on the computer ;))

For those who are accepted, there isn't really anything you need to do. UNC is very bad about updating AADSAS, so don't freak. You'll get a packet in the mail in about a week and you'll have to pay a deposit. (Ours was $500.) It will also have in it the immunizations/CPR certs that you'll need to round up. Then you wait and wait. You'll get a few mailings in the meantime, but mostly just wait. I'd recommend that you ENJOY your time because your life will change dramatically in August. On the first day you'll have your world rocked w/gross anatomy lab and lecture.

For those of you who are still awaiting that phone call - good luck. Don't get too discouraged - half the class will be notified in Feb. I was wait listed for c/o 2013 and then not accepted until Feb for c/o2014. So I know that disappointment. The date you get in doesn't matter - just be persistent. And don't be so hard on yourself.

Congratulations to those that were accepted!

I interviewed in September and have not heard anything from UNC. I called them earlier today and I'm currently waiting to receive a call back.

For those of you that are waiting (interviewed or not) like me, what are you all doing? Does anyone know if sending additional letters of recommendation or academic/employment update letters makes a positive difference?

Congratulations to those that were accepted!

I interviewed in September and have not heard anything from UNC. I called them earlier today and I'm currently waiting to receive a call back.

For those of you that are waiting (interviewed or not) like me, what are you all doing? Does anyone know if sending additional letters of recommendation or academic/employment update letters makes a positive difference?

Can you let me know what they say if they call back??

Can you let me know what they say if they call back??

I spoke with Dr. Wilder. He couldn't really tell me much, just to wait it out until they meet again in January.

I spoke with Dr. Wilder. He couldn't really tell me much, just to wait it out until they meet again in January.

oh okk.. yea that's what everyone's saying! Thanks :)

I am just going to wait, pay a couple of deposits, and keep my options open until February. That's is about all we can do.

I received a reply back this morning. Nothing of major significance for those that peruse these message boards (or review UNC's dental website) considering all the details have been discussed, but it's nice to get confirmation directly from the school. One more interview date in January with a committee meeting late January to decide the remainder of the class. Individuals accepted will be informed via phone whereas denials and waitlists via letter.

I'm going to be on edge in late January / early February. I thought I was nervous on December 1st... :eek:

Thanks for posting all the helpful information for all of us applicants that are waiting anxiously. I'm hoping that all of us will be posting on here with good news come the end of January/ early February. Good luck all.

So today or tomorrow should be the beginning of the Jan. interview invites. Good luck everyone!:thumbup:

One thing I have noticed this cycle, the days when invites go out are the same days as last year. Not really sure if that means anything or not. Last year, the invites went out on the Wednesday of this week, so maybe tomorrow they will send them out. I thought it would be worth mentioning.