UNE Dental Class of 2025 Interview/Acceptance Thread

Interview #2! So happy to wake up this morning to this email! oGPA: 3.15, sGPA 3.04 with post bac 3.94, 20AA, 21TS
when did you apply?

Members don't see this ad.

i absolutely hated the kira interview. it was incredibly awkward and i think terribly inefficient in determining what an applicant is really like in a normal conversation. i've had 4 other interviews that were all zooms and just regular conversation - they were far superior.
Congratulations! Could you share what questions did they ask you?

Members don't see this ad :)
Just finished. Didn’t do that well on the Kira interview. Feel like I can’t blame anybody but myself. Hopefully they appreciate my responses and find me a worthy candidate.
Do you feel that it was harder because you weren’t talking to a real person? Or because of the questions?

Invited for interview Saturday morning, just completed the Kira assessement. Defininetly a different experience, but fun! Any re-applicants who previously interviewed at UNE and is interviewing again?

Did my interview this morning. It was different but I didn’t feel like the questions were challenging at all. Just be yourself! Just make sure that you time yourself and do the practice. I felt like I was running out of time on some of them.

Reactions: 1 user
I also did my interview this morning and found the practice questions to be very helpful for listening to yourself talk and timing.

Interview #4
School: University of New England
Notification date: 11/12/20
Method of notification: Email
Residency: FL
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/16/2020
Application complete date: 7/30/20 (took my DAT 7/19)
GPA (science, overall): 3.5/3.6
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17):21/18/18/30/Biology-16-ouch :(
Interview date: due 11/16/20
Method of interview: Video assessment
*I am a Dental Hygienist just for extra info.

I also did my interview this morning and found the practice questions to be very helpful for listening to yourself talk and timing.

hi! congrats on your interview. can you please share with me what practice questions you’re referring to? I’ve never done a Kira interview.

hi! congrats on your interview. can you please share with me what practice questions you’re referring to? I’ve never done a Kira interview.
When you complete your Kira registration there will be a section specifically with a couple practice questions in it right before the tab for the actual assessment. Definitely would recommend giving them their due diligence!

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
When you complete your Kira registration there will be a section specifically with a couple practice questions in it right before the tab for the actual assessment. Definitely would recommend giving them their due diligence!

I see! Thank you :)

Anyone else super nervous about their Kira interview? I just don’t know what to expect.

Anyone else super nervous about their Kira interview? I just don’t know what to expect.

It wasn’t too bad. It’s the same generic type of questions you would see in any interview, just with a time limit which makes it awkward.

For those who have interviewed, does anyone know if the Q/A on Nov 16 is mandatory? I have work during the time (I’m on PST) and won’t be able to make it :(

It wasn’t too bad. It’s the same generic type of questions you would see in any interview, just with a time limit which makes it awkward.
Agreed! I don’t know why I was freaking out but the questions were like any other interview.

:(
For those who have interviewed, does anyone know if the Q/A on Nov 16 is mandatory? I have work during the time (I’m on PST) and won’t be able to make it
There’s a Q/A? I have work too

For those who have interviewed, does anyone know if the Q/A on Nov 16 is mandatory? I have work during the time (I’m on PST) and won’t be able to make it :(
I don’t think it’s mandatory.

SAME. I’m glad I’m not the only one who feels like they bombed the Kira interview! D: it was a very awkward experience overall, but pretty funny looking back at it lol. Good luck on your next two interviews! :)
ME TOO! By question 7 I knew it was pretty much over for me. Who likes talking about themselves and sensitive topics when there's nobody to respond? It was so awkward and I hope to never experience that again. :oops:

Interview #1, completed on 11/15/20
School: UNE
Notification date: 11/12/2020
Residency: Utah
Application complete date: 8/13
GPA (overall, science): 3.33, 3.20
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 20/19/22/22
Method of Interview: Online Video Assessment

Reactions: 2 users

I was invited to a Q/A on Dec. 8th. I'm sure you could email and ask if you could attend that one instead since you have a work conflict! :)

Interview #4
School: UNE
Notification date: 10/15/2020
Residency:
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/31
Application complete date: 9/3
GPA (overall, science): 3.3, 3.1
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 21/20/22/23
Dates available OR your interview date: until 10/19
Method of Interview: Online Video Assessment (Kira)
hey what was your application status before you got invited for the interview?

I believe it was "recieved/application complete"
i am a bit worried. i submitted my app mid september and my status was "received/application complete" then last month it changed to "received/under review" for like a week and then it was changed back to "received/application complete" and i have not heard back.. so not sure what to make of it

i am a bit worried. i submitted my app mid september and my status was "received/application complete" then last month it changed to "received/under review" for like a week and then it was changed back to "received/application complete" and i have not heard back.. so not sure what to make of it
I don't think you should worry just yet. I am sure that many schools will be sending out a lot of post-dec interviews considering applicants can only choose 1 school to attend.

I don't think you should worry just yet. I am sure that many schools will be sending out a lot of post-dec interviews considering applicants can only choose 1 school to attend.
i hope that is the case! thank you

Could someone who currently attends UNE message me? Thank you in advance

Did anyone else get invited to the virtual diversity, equity and inclusion session?

is it only for people that interviewed with them or for everyone?

I’m not sure. But I remember I received an email for a past session before they started sending out interview invites

is it only for people that interviewed with them or for everyone?
I received an invite to a virtual tour of the school back in September that I attended. I got interviewed, went to a q&a panel a week later, then got invited to this.

For the interview, were you given a consistent length of response and prep time for each of the questions?

Anyone know how many applicants the admissions committee interviews? As well as, out of those interviewed, how many are typically accepted?

Is anyone attending the panel tonight? I wanted to learn more about the organizations at UNE but I wasn’t able to take off of work :(

Is anyone attending the panel tonight? I wanted to learn more about the organizations at UNE but I wasn’t able to take off of work :(
is it for everyone or only the people that got an interview?

anyone else feel like they didn't even interview at UNE. I don't even know what to expect, i just talked to a computer for an hour and that was it

Reactions: 4 users